(I managed to...) Botched keyboard/trackpad firmware
So I wasn't initially aware of the existing trackpad issues, and so a quick google search brought me to this pinebook pro forum post
I was so eager to fix the issue that I didn't really notice this wasn't a pine TAB forum as the OP was simply commenting on how a linked procedure worked for them.

In any case, now my KB/Trackpad are completely unusable. 
I'm able to repeat the procedure, so the basic USB communication is still there. Also the keyboard reacts on some keys but the resulting signal is nothing related to the actual key pressed.

I'm wondering if there's any way to get a hex dump of the actual keyboard/trackpad from the pinetab in order to revive my now botched keyboard...
(09-13-2020, 04:32 AM)zivben Wrote: So I wasn't initially aware of the existing trackpad issues, and so a quick google search brought me to this pinebook pro forum post
I was so eager to fix the issue that I didn't really notice this wasn't a pine TAB forum as the OP was simply commenting on how a linked procedure worked for them.

I'm able to repeat the procedure, so the basic USB communication is still there. Also the keyboard reacts on some keys but the resulting signal is nothing related to the actual key pressed.

I'm wondering if there's any way to get a hex dump of the actual keyboard/trackpad from the pinetab in order to revive my now botched keyboard...

I will post the PineTab keyboard firmware at wiki site on next week.
(09-18-2020, 12:30 AM)tllim Wrote:
(09-13-2020, 04:32 AM)zivben Wrote: So I wasn't initially aware of the existing trackpad issues, and so a quick google search brought me to this pinebook pro forum post

Awesome! thanks!
Hmm. My keyboard keys never worked, only trackpad. Wonder if this would help.

Hey! Did you get around to getting the firmware by any chance?
I couldn't find anything new on the wiki but maybe i'm looking in the wrong place?
Thanks again!

Just to update - 
I downloaded the hex file from the wiki to my tab, and used ayufan's flashing tool (here) to try and flash it.
I tried to rename the hex file as one of the provided files, either 'fw_iso.hex' or 'fw_ansi.hex', and tried to follow the flashing process as usual for both versions.
I got the same results as before and my keyboard is still using wrong mapping and the touchpad still doesnt work...

I'm wondering if I killed it for good or if there's anything left to do...
(10-19-2020, 03:25 AM)zivben Wrote:

Just to update - 
I downloaded the hex file from the wiki to my tab, and used ayufan's flashing tool (here) to try and flash it.
I tried to rename the hex file as one of the provided files, either 'fw_iso.hex' or 'fw_ansi.hex', and tried to follow the flashing process as usual for both versions.
I got the same results as before and my keyboard is still using wrong mapping and the touchpad still doesnt work...

I'm wondering if I killed it for good or if there's anything left to do...

Jack may release his firmware build for PineTab keyboard.
Hello,
I'm having an issue with the mousepad on the device. It doesn't respond correctly. Is there a patch for this and if so where?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Keyboard issue mshelby 2 517 11-22-2023, 09:14 AM
Last Post: mshelby
Exclamation Pinetab2 Keyboard Issues lockedpotato 0 466 10-14-2023, 05:48 PM
Last Post: lockedpotato
  Offer: PineTab with keyboard firefox-58 3 4,567 09-27-2021, 12:36 PM
Last Post: stmguard
  Keyboard touchpad khbehrens 0 2,140 12-08-2020, 09:59 AM
Last Post: khbehrens
  Pinetab attachable keyboard fritz 7 9,814 11-02-2020, 09:29 AM
Last Post: fritz