Pine64 doesn't respect its return and refund policy
Hi,

I would like to return and get a refund on my items but the support doesn't want to respect its policy about it, instead they either ghost me or bounce me around sales@pine64.org and https://support.pine64.org. Each claiming it's the other support that deal with this...

During one exchange they even told me to sell my items on ebay, I am still within 15 days the return and refund policy.

Any idea on how to deal with this situation?
That link takes you to: https://desk.zoho.com/portal/pine64/en/home

The link is also present at the top of the Pine64 main web site.

Have you opened a ticket? I presume that's what you're saying, if they bounce you back to e-mail and you go around in circles. Support probably have a busy load so trying to move the items on ebay may indeed be helpful but only if it suits you. May be someone here might want to buy your Pine64 items? What are they?

If all is exhausted then your next step is probably to get the attention of tllim and go from there.
lot378 Wrote:That link takes you to: https://desk.zoho.com/portal/pine64/en/home

This is the second link I mentioned on my message.

Quote:Have you opened a ticket? I presume that's what you're saying, if they bounce you back to e-mail and you go around in circles. Support probably have a busy load so trying to move the items on eBay may indeed be helpful but only if it suits you. May be someone here might want to buy your Pine64 items? What are they?

Yes, I did open a ticket (second link I mention). There is a return and refund policy, I expect them to respect it and not having to sell the items because they lack of professionalism. Going on eBay or selling it to a person doesn't fix the main issue.
(09-10-2020, 12:25 PM)Myr Wrote: Yes, I did open a ticket (second link I mention). There is a return and refund policy, I expect them to respect it and not having to sell the items because they lack of professionalism. Going on eBay or selling it to a person doesn't fix the main issue.

Well, if you want then post the items back to Pine64 so that they receive them within 15 days. Unless they told you the items are ineligible for return? I'll ask again -- what are they items also what condition are they in? And what reason do you want to return them for a refund?
(09-10-2020, 01:58 PM)lot378 Wrote:
(09-10-2020, 12:25 PM)Myr Wrote: Yes, I did open a ticket (second link I mention). There is a return and refund policy, I expect them to respect it and not having to sell the items because they lack of professionalism. Going on eBay or selling it to a person doesn't fix the main issue.

Well, if you want then post the items back to Pine64 so that they receive them within 15 days. Unless they told you the items are ineligible for return? I'll ask again -- what are they items also what condition are they in? And what reason do you want to return them for a refund?

I don't want to send it back if they don't refund me, no I'm not ineligible for return. The items are in perfect conditions, matter of fact, I only received one out of the 3. The others are on their way, I can't cancel them.

Are you part of Pine64 staff?
Well, that's the catch 22 - you have to return within 15 days and take the gamble they will refund you. If the items are in pristine condition then what are you worried about? They won't guarantee a refund until they've seen the items for themselves -- you know that because it's written in the policies you've referred. I can see how support would have said "if you don't like our policies then ebay them" if you were trying to circumvent policy i.e. get a guarantee of the refund before posting them!

Staff have a bar under their name; I'm not staff.

Why are you reluctant to mention exactly what items you've bought or your reasons to return them?
(09-10-2020, 02:19 PM)lot378 Wrote: Well, that's the catch 22 - you have to return within 15 days and take the gamble they will refund you. If the items are in pristine condition then what are you worried about? They won't guarantee a refund until they've seen the items for themselves -- you know that because it's written in the policies you've referred. I can see how support would have said "if you don't like our policies then ebay them" if you were trying to circumvent policy i.e. get a guarantee of the refund before posting them!

Staff have a bar under their name; I'm not staff.

Why are you reluctant to mention exactly what items you've bought or your reasons to return them?

"Take the gamble they will refund you", not everyone is ok throwing money out of the window.
I already know about the policy, my problem was that I needed to know the process (where do I send my items back or anything that I'm supposed to do for the return). Also usually on website you need to contact the support or click on a button to return it, they also provide the label (address).

I'm not reluctant to mention my items, you are not part of the staff and I don't see why I should tell you the details of my orders or my reasons to return them.

I don't like you tone so it will be my last message to you, I posted here to get help. I wonder why you are defending them so much though...
(09-10-2020, 03:06 PM)Myr Wrote: my problem was that I needed to know the process (where do I send my items back or anything that I'm supposed to do for the return). Also usually on website you need to contact the support or click on a button to return it, they also provide the label (address).

Quote:Online Return Process
You can initiate a return online once you have received your item(s).
Go to https://support.pine64.org
Register and sign in with your Pine store support ID and password.
Register your product by Submit a Ticket section using the serial number found on the outside of the retail packaging.
Create a new case stating you wish to return for a refund and submit a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number request. If we determined that the return policy is applicable, an RMA number will be issued to you.
Once you have submitted your return request, our support team will contact you and advise you how to return the item(s). Please use the original packaging. You can assist us in tracking your package on its way back to us by entering your tracking information in the RMA form.
(09-10-2020, 03:11 PM)saba Wrote:
(09-10-2020, 03:06 PM)Myr Wrote: my problem was that I needed to know the process (where do I send my items back or anything that I'm supposed to do for the return). Also usually on website you need to contact the support or click on a button to return it, they also provide the label (address).

Quote:Online Return Process
You can initiate a return online once you have received your item(s).
Go to https://support.pine64.org
Register and sign in with your Pine store support ID and password.
Register your product by Submit a Ticket section using the serial number found on the outside of the retail packaging.
Create a new case stating you wish to return for a refund and submit a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number request. If we determined that the return policy is applicable, an RMA number will be issued to you.
Once you have submitted your return request, our support team will contact you and advise you how to return the item(s). Please use the original packaging. You can assist us in tracking your package on its way back to us by entering your tracking information in the RMA form.

I did this process already, https://support.pine64.org told me to transfer their message to the support (sales@pine64.org) and the rest you know the story. But I'll try again following those steps in case.

Thanks Saba!
If this situation happened to me, I would mail the products back to pine with recieve receipt so you meet the 15 day RMA window and give them 5-7 business days after they receive it to issue a refund.

If the funds are not returned after that time frame I would then file a PayPal/CC dispute.

Given you have all the email chains, and proof of return within their return window, that should be an easy dispute while still returning the product and giving them time to issue the refund.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Unable to connect to Pine64 IRC channel due to certificate error? Must-Borrow 1 246 03-10-2024, 02:43 PM
Last Post: Must-Borrow
  Forum Recommendations for Pine64 support? backwoodstech2 0 277 02-04-2024, 07:12 PM
Last Post: backwoodstech2
  Im thinking of building a Pine64 cluster Theirat1991 2 416 01-17-2024, 10:21 PM
Last Post: damiarobber
  PINE64 EU / Disappointment yoriel79 1 751 12-24-2023, 11:00 PM
Last Post: meekice
  How is it going Pine64.org? Corfromleuven 2 928 12-23-2023, 08:15 PM
Last Post: polinkuer12
  Registering my 'nick' on Pine64's IRC network diederik 5 1,070 11-13-2023, 07:36 PM
Last Post: ilebagels
  pine64 opensource dumbphone Phie 13 3,534 08-16-2023, 02:29 PM
Last Post: Phie
  Possible new Pine64 product - Pine Blue Ray DVD Linux tv box Omnios 5 1,394 07-24-2023, 03:21 PM
Last Post: Omnios
  My Pine64 Logo Re-Design & Thoughts About A New Logo me! 0 674 04-24-2023, 10:03 PM
Last Post: me!
  Which Pine64 single-board computer has NO on-board wireless modules? peteressive 2 1,233 03-10-2023, 03:35 PM
Last Post: peteressive