Been getting false notifications for the last few hours.
Been using Mobian as my daily driver for today and yesterday but just a few hours ago the LED starting blinking blue as if I had a notification but haven't gotten any. Anyone else experiencing this? I am updating now to see if that helps.

Edit: Updating didn't fix the issue.
Flashing blue led just means the phone is on
(09-02-2020, 02:15 PM)bcnaz Wrote: Flashing blue led just means the phone is on
Really? Because it wasn't doing that before and now that I swapped the SD card out it isn't doing it anymore. I thought blue flashing LED was notification like a text or missed call.
I have been doing semi-regular downloads of the nightly releases, there were a few releases that I had no audio on phone calls (or other problems) so I did not use those more than a few minutes, but most have had a flashing blue led, back a few weeks I think they had a flashing green led.

But I have not tried 'every' release.

I find it assuring, that the phone is "on"
I believe my last Android phone from BLU had a flashing led indicating it was "on"
(09-02-2020, 03:19 PM)bcnaz Wrote: I have been doing semi-regular downloads of the nightly releases, there were a few releases that I had no audio on phone calls (or other problems) so I did not use those more than a few minutes, but most have had a flashing blue led, back a few weeks I think they had a flashing green led.

But I have not tried 'every' release.
That is interesting. Right now for me it isn't flashing when the screen is off but flashes when the screen is on which seems pointless because I obviously know it is on if I am using the screen.
We are talking Mobian here,  correct ?

I think Manjaro had a flashing red (?) led when I tried it a few nights ago

Mine is flashing regardless of the screen
(09-02-2020, 03:30 PM)bcnaz Wrote: We are talking Mobian here,  correct ?

I think Manjaro had a flashing red (?) led when I tried it a few nights ago

Mine is flashing regardless of the screen
Yep, I'm using Mobian. I now noticed the flashing blue while open stopped after getting rid of a notification for a script that I finished running that I forgot about. So now I am not getting a flash with the screen on or off.
I thought the flashing blue LED was som kind of debug tool. I haven't been able to relate it to anything in the UI or my usage of the phone, really. I don't use a SIM card so no calls or messages to notify about; I've never seen any kind of notifications at all actually?
(09-02-2020, 05:00 PM)bitnick Wrote: I thought the flashing blue LED was som kind of debug tool. I haven't been able to relate it to anything in the UI or my usage of the phone, really. I don't use a SIM card so no calls or messages to notify about; I've never seen any kind of notifications at all actually?
When I don't have my sim I get notifications for when I run a program in the terminal and am out of the terminal when it finishes. Like taking a screenshot with sleep 5; grim screenshot.png and after taking the screenshot I get a notification from the terminal saying the the script has finished running.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sound : notifications freelectro 6 1,744 06-07-2023, 01:03 AM
Last Post: freelectro
  Does tow-boot allow periodic wake from suspension to check for notifications? DrPlamsa 4 2,543 12-31-2022, 10:56 AM
Last Post: DrPlamsa
  Customized Notifications - Non-native Apps arno_nuehm 2 2,191 10-05-2021, 09:42 AM
Last Post: kqlnut
  No notifications on lock screen DrPlamsa 16 7,869 08-21-2021, 05:35 AM
Last Post: bcnaz
  A clear all button for notifications is coming! ragreenburg 0 1,272 08-13-2021, 09:09 AM
Last Post: ragreenburg
  Software/Notifications battlegarden 4 3,995 05-01-2021, 03:22 PM
Last Post: MtnSk8
  Phone Shell and Dismissing Notifications on Mobian publiclewdness 0 1,389 04-10-2021, 01:41 PM
Last Post: publiclewdness
  Manage app notifications? DarkManiels 0 1,697 09-11-2020, 10:00 AM
Last Post: DarkManiels
  Disabling Geary notifications? johns 0 2,451 05-07-2020, 07:41 AM
Last Post: johns