Segfault with GCC in Armbian [Solved].
To continue this story of over and under clocking memory for stability.  Here is a graph showing the relative memory bandwidth of the Rock64  with different memory clock speeds.

[Image: rock64_400.svg]

Again both of the Rock64 single-board computers I have seem stable with the memory clock set to 400 MHz. Since the errors at 786 MHz are intermittent, my guess is the memory could still go a little faster, perhaps 600 MHz or even 666 MHz.

Does anyone know how to make uboot files which initialize the memory at 600 or 666 MHz?
I don't. But I do thank you ejolson for delving into this issue some of us have. Our boards should have been replaced free imo but this thread may offer us hope in getting ours /mine to compile pkgs properly. Some care about other uses like a smooth desktop, games, video and this would help them too. I'll test whatever you get done just leave us instruction steps please.
i have just successfully created my own custom ddr.bin with 666mhz mem freq following the idea from here:

https://forum.libreelec.tv/thread/10140-...post132388

by simply changing the freq values in the ddr.bin with a hex editor - in my case i used it for a rk3328 tv box,
but i think it will work the same way for the rock64 too ... here are my notes about it:

https://github.com/hexdump0815/u-boot-mi...mhz.readme

good luck and best wishes - hexdump
This is a followup post to to confirm that the Rock64 board that was experiencing segmentation faults with the default 786 MHz memory clock on Armbian is now stable with the uboot-initialized 333 MHz setting.

On a selection of computational benchmarks performance is about 77 percent of the original setting;

for compilations with gcc more than 80 percent of the original performance is retained with the added advantage that the system doesn't crash and the compiler doesn't create segmentation faults.

I understand, but did not verify, that setting the memory clocks to 333 MHz has a noticeable affect on video playback.

As far as I'm concerned this problem is solved and I'll try to mark it as such. Although one out of the two Rock64 single-board computers I have required this configuration change, based on posts appearing on this forum, my suspicion is a much less than 50 percent--perhaps closer to 10 or 20 percent--of systems in use actually exhibit this problem.

Even so, I would favor a note on the wiki support page for the Rock64 explaining how to work around system instability by reducing the DDR RAM memory clock.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rock64 No Audio - Solved wbecks 12 29,455 08-13-2021, 01:23 PM
Last Post: blakeadam
  Rock64-4gb,Armbian Debian Stretch: Plex, Radarr, NZBGet and Sickchill WOW Baracuda2 1 3,002 02-27-2019, 03:34 PM
Last Post: Luke
  [SOLVED] stuck at emmc dr_dre 10 12,336 04-29-2018, 05:10 PM
Last Post: pfeerick
  Solved - When did you order your Rock64 rhille 5 6,907 08-25-2017, 07:17 AM
Last Post: rhille