August/ September Pinebook Pro, PineTab and PinePhone shipping thread
Hello, so I'm a bit confused on shipping, and would appreciate some clarity. It seems like many folks here placed their orders earlier this summer, and then on August 25th or so those enqueued orders all shipped out in a batch, or at least began shipping out.

In my case, I placed an order for an ANSI Pinebook Pro and some parts on August 25th. Should I expect to wait several months before receiving my order? I am located in Chicago, USA.
(09-09-2020, 03:32 PM)wave-wolf Wrote: In my case, I placed an order for an ANSI Pinebook Pro and some parts on August 25th. Should I expect to wait several months before receiving my order? I am located in Chicago, USA.

See: https://www.pine64.org/shipping/

There's another shipment of Pinebook Pros going out from HK on Sept 11th, fingers crossed for the notification hey?

The rest of the parts Sept 18th?
(09-09-2020, 02:27 PM)Paraplegic Racehorse Wrote: PineTab
DHL has listed my parcel as "Forwarded for delivery" for more than 24 hours.

What, precisely, does that mean? I can't find a means of contacting a real person at DHL.

For those with the same question:
"Forwarded for delivery" means they transferred your parcel to a third-party delivery service.
In my case, this is the US Postal Service, which does not do physical-address delivery in my service area.

When they transfer your parcel to a 3rd-party service, they get a tracking number from that service.
They do not provide tracking number of the 3rd-party service on the DHL tracking web site.
If you want the 3rd-party delivery service's tracking number, you must phone DHL customer service to get it.
(09-09-2020, 04:31 PM)Paraplegic Racehorse Wrote:
(09-09-2020, 02:27 PM)Paraplegic Racehorse Wrote: PineTab

What, precisely, does that mean? I can't find a means of contacting a real person at DHL.

"Forwarded for delivery" means they transferred your parcel to a third-party delivery service.
In my case, this is the US Postal Service, which does not do physical-address delivery in my service area.

When they transfer your parcel to a 3rd-party service, they get a tracking number from that service.
They do not provide tracking number of the 3rd-party service on the DHL tracking web site.
If you want the 3rd-party delivery service's tracking number, you must phone DHL customer service to get it.

My PineTab tracking message is stuck on "Customs status updated September, 07 2020 11:19 Local time | HONG KONG - HONG KONG SAR, CHINA" since Sep7 but still says "Estimated Delivery Date September, 10 2020 - By End of Day". No updates in-between. I will be happy if I get it today as mentioned.
(09-10-2020, 07:43 AM)pawanshrestha Wrote:
(09-09-2020, 04:31 PM)Paraplegic Racehorse Wrote:
(09-09-2020, 02:27 PM)Paraplegic Racehorse Wrote: PineTab

My PineTab tracking message is stuck on "Customs status updated September, 07 2020 11:19 Local time | HONG KONG - HONG KONG SAR, CHINA" since Sep7 but still says "Estimated Delivery Date September, 10 2020 - By End of Day". No updates in-between. I will be happy if I get it today as mentioned.
Mine says Custom Status Updated in CINCINNATI HUB, OH - USA, and has since Sept 7th. Crossing fingers but not holding breath.
So now mine has updated to "Shipment on Hold"
(09-10-2020, 07:48 AM)ladyerrant Wrote: Mine says Custom Status Updated in CINCINNATI HUB, OH - USA

Several of us are stuck in that warehouse. I called wanting a better explanation than that status. From what I could tell from the rep, someone with the warehouse or DHL messed up and didn't get our stuff out on the correct truck. Apparently they were already set to be loaded to the next, which may be later today/tonight.
(09-10-2020, 11:54 AM)tophneal Wrote:
(09-10-2020, 07:48 AM)ladyerrant Wrote: Mine says Custom Status Updated in CINCINNATI HUB, OH - USA

Several of us are stuck in that warehouse. I called wanting a better explanation than that status. From what I could tell from the rep, someone with the warehouse or DHL messed up and didn't get our stuff out on the correct truck. Apparently they were already set to be loaded to the next, which may be later today/tonight.

Thanks for this update mine is also stuck in Cinci.  Small bummer since I'm in Columbus its in touching distance... Hope it makes it by the weekend!
(09-09-2020, 04:14 PM)lot378 Wrote: There's another shipment of Pinebook Pros going out from HK on Sept 11th, fingers crossed for the notification hey?

The rest of the parts Sept 18th?

Thanks, hope so! My order was placed on Aug 20 and I've not received a shipment notification yet. Let's see what tomorrow brings
@Luke
How soon will the last of the PMOS phones reach Hong Kong ?

Thanks
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
When did you place your order?
- August 22, 2020

Which product did you order?
- Pinebook Pro (ANSI keyboard)

Which country do you live?
- Italy

Which shipment method did you use?
- DHL

When did you get the mail/sms of the shipment notice?
- September 11, 2020

Estimated Delivery: September 15, 2020

---- EDIT: 60,53 EUR for customs release.

Rolleyes Rolleyes Rolleyes

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PineTab-V and PineTab 2 Launch - here's what you need to know Luke 8 2,883 07-28-2023, 09:20 AM
Last Post: zer0sig
  Shipping Update and Stock Availability Thread Luke 87 88,446 03-05-2023, 12:35 PM
Last Post: maos
  PinePhone Keyboard update [April 24/04] Luke 73 106,781 08-12-2022, 11:46 AM
Last Post: kat22
  The PinePhone keyboard and cases are here! Luke 11 10,173 03-11-2022, 07:16 AM
Last Post: nontrivial
  PinePhone community poll results Luke 2 3,696 02-01-2022, 04:03 PM
  PinePhone Pro Explorer Edition is now available Luke 1 3,192 01-12-2022, 11:52 AM
  PinePhone BE & Pinebook Pro shipping update thread Luke 136 165,024 06-04-2021, 09:43 AM
Last Post: Luke
  PinePhone Mobian CE shipping update thread Luke 59 79,889 04-25-2021, 12:57 PM
  PinePhone BETA Edition pre-orders start March 24 Luke 2 6,010 04-23-2021, 09:25 PM
Last Post: ryo
  PinePhone KDE Community Edition shipping update thread. Luke 135 174,733 04-11-2021, 01:47 PM