August/ September Pinebook Pro, PineTab and PinePhone shipping thread
(08-25-2020, 04:53 AM)AntiK Wrote: Hi,

I ordered my PinePhone with Convergence Package on 15th July and I got a payment confirmation from PayPal.
But I never got any confirmation from PINE64.
Now I'm starting to worry if something went wrong.

Do you usually get order confirmation mails?

The reason why you didn't receive a confirmation email is because on the 15th we suffered a major server meltdown due exceptionally high traffic (at the height of the launch hype there were 6k-9k pings per second to the server). Various services on the server failed because of this and one of them was the order confirmation system. 
The order has been logged and processed however. Sorry for the inconvenience.
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

(08-25-2020, 05:00 AM)Luke Wrote: The reason why you didn't receive a confirmation email is because on the 15th we suffered a major server meltdown due exceptionally high traffic (at the height of the launch hype there were 6k-9k pings per second to the server). Various services on the server failed because of this and one of them was the order confirmation system. 
The order has been logged and processed however. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thank you for clarification!
Now I'm relieved and will wait patiently for my phone.
Keep up the good work! Smile
Thank you for the information @Luke !

I don't recall if there was a note somewhere about which service will be used for delivery between the warehouse in Europe and the final address. Would that be DHL?

I'm really excited and happy about how things are going. Great job to everyone involved!
Now to wait patiently for the PinePhone to arrive Smile

Device: Pinebook Pro 128GB No:246 / MainOS: Manjaro ARM
Godot and Flutter - creating something can be fun with the right tools!
(08-25-2020, 04:46 AM)Luke Wrote: @Riksu9000 The European redistribution center is only used for PinePhones at this time; we're basically testing the concept. Pinebook Pros will, for the time being, only use DHL which is a different shipping method altogether. All Pinebook Pros ships directly from Hong Kong.
As for the 'remote location fee' - this isn't something we determine, so if I were you I'd ask DHL about their reasoning.
Whoops. I meant that the messages were signed by pinebook team. The device I ordered was the pinephone.
But now I'm a bit confused. Are you saying that the fee with DHL should only come up when shipping from Hong Kong? Has there actually been an error with my order then?
(08-24-2020, 02:24 PM)Luke Wrote: Pinebook Pro (with Manjaro KDE)
[24 August] The first round of ANSI Pinebook Pros will begin shipping tomorrow, August 25. The ISO units may ship as early as August 28 (Friday) or as late as next week (31 Aug.- 5 Sep.). Once the units get picked up it will take some time for them to actually leave Hong Kong. Once they depart Hong Kong - depending on where you are in the world and how / if DHL handles import tax in your country, shipping will take between 5-10 days.

This is SUPER exciting news! I know from personal experience that anything coming from HK can take a while to reach Boston, but just the fact that the units are beginning their journey is awesome to hear Smile

Thank you to everyone involved for all your hard work. I am sincerely looking forward to getting mine Smile
Thank you for letting us know!
Morning,

Long time lurker, first-time poster- I think this is the right place to ask this question:

Should I have received a tracking number with my DHL shipping?

I seldom order things online and even less frequently pay for faster shipping. If anybody knows I'd love to hear from you!
Thanks for the update. I am super excited to get my hands on some arm hardware to tinker with.
@Luke
I placed an order on July the 15th for some parts,  and an order for a Community Edition Convergence phone.
The website did seem a bit slow but both orders did appear to go through.
BUT :
I finally just now looked at my PayPal statement,  only the parts are on the PayPal website !

The order for the phone is not on the PayPal statement !
Both orders were only minutes apart.

I have never had any problems in the past, the slow down when we overwhelmed the store
back when the Brave Hearts orders opened did not stop my order back then.

I guess I should have checked sooner ?

-----------

I ordered the Convergence phone first, then the parts order.
(08-25-2020, 09:09 AM)feoh Wrote: This is SUPER exciting news! I know from personal experience that anything coming from HK can take a while to reach Boston, but just the fact that the units are beginning their journey is awesome to hear Smile

Thank you to everyone involved for all your hard work. I am sincerely looking forward to getting mine Smile

As another Bostonian (or thereabouts) good to know that my Pinebook Pro will have some company on the way over here. Also very excited. Thanks all for making this kind of unique product possible.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PineTab-V and PineTab 2 Launch - here's what you need to know Luke 8 2,877 07-28-2023, 09:20 AM
Last Post: zer0sig
  Shipping Update and Stock Availability Thread Luke 87 88,321 03-05-2023, 12:35 PM
Last Post: maos
  PinePhone Keyboard update [April 24/04] Luke 73 106,715 08-12-2022, 11:46 AM
Last Post: kat22
  The PinePhone keyboard and cases are here! Luke 11 10,166 03-11-2022, 07:16 AM
Last Post: nontrivial
  PinePhone community poll results Luke 2 3,692 02-01-2022, 04:03 PM
  PinePhone Pro Explorer Edition is now available Luke 1 3,189 01-12-2022, 11:52 AM
  PinePhone BE & Pinebook Pro shipping update thread Luke 136 164,866 06-04-2021, 09:43 AM
Last Post: Luke
  PinePhone Mobian CE shipping update thread Luke 59 79,841 04-25-2021, 12:57 PM
  PinePhone BETA Edition pre-orders start March 24 Luke 2 6,005 04-23-2021, 09:25 PM
Last Post: ryo
  PinePhone KDE Community Edition shipping update thread. Luke 135 174,664 04-11-2021, 01:47 PM