Collaboration from Allwinner
(03-02-2016, 04:38 AM)Tassadar Wrote:
(02-27-2016, 02:03 PM)tllim Wrote:
(02-26-2016, 09:28 AM)KryPtAlIvIaN Wrote: Any updates? :-)

Meeting with Allwinner went well. They have interest to support mainline kernel development and I have already link up Sunxi team with Allwinner.

Very good news! Hope that's leading to a result! Wink

Still keep my finger cross, only consider as good news when actual deliver.
(03-02-2016, 09:47 AM)tllim Wrote:

Meeting with Allwinner went well. They have interest to support mainline kernel development and I have already link up Sunxi team with Allwinner.

Ok thanks! Could you keep update us on this topic? If i've understood correctly there's no agreement but just a simple interest isn't it?
Mr. T
(03-02-2016, 10:12 AM)Tassadar Wrote:

Ok thanks! Could you keep update us on this topic? If i've understood correctly there's no agreement but just a simple interest isn't it?

This is business to converse , update for what you want ?
Detail you don't need to know , you want know about pine64 business thing? 

you want the answer is , Oh , yes , so then ?
and the answer is , Oh , no , so then ?     

I think ............this is none of your business ! [Image: dodgy.png]

@tllim , no need to update this topic , this is your business , is not some one business  
If I am wrong please correct my content , thank !

1. Use Pine64 Running Ubuntu 16.04 Web Server ( LAMP )

2. Use Pine64 Running Official Android 6  for Media player
3. Use Pine64 Running Volumio Digital Audio Player

@joe
Dude relax. The question about Allwinner contributing more to open-source community is vital for all of us. My understanding is that there are some talks between one of the developers from linux-sunxi with Allwinner. This is more of business to community conversation so you shouldn't get all fired up.
Transparency in community founded project is one of the basis of the trust so this question is valid and in place.
Cheers
Jan
(03-02-2016, 11:30 AM)joe Wrote:
(02-27-2016, 02:03 PM)tllim Wrote: Meeting with Allwinner went well. They have interest to support mainline kernel development and I have already link up Sunxi team with Allwinner.

@tllim , no need to update this topic , this is your business , is not some one business  

I can't really believe what i'm reading. Pine64 ask people to support their project but people have no rights to ask how the project is evolving?! Perhaps just a clarification about something told by the team?!
Mr. T
(03-02-2016, 12:12 PM)Tassadar Wrote:
(03-02-2016, 04:38 AM)Tassadar Wrote: Very good news! Hope that's leading to a result! Wink

I can't really believe what i'm reading. Pine64 ask people to support their project but people have no rights to ask how the project is evolving?! Perhaps just a clarification about something told by the team?!

I think it's fair to say that Joe has miscontrued something here. Joe is a very staunch supporter/defender of Pine64, I think he misunderstood the intent behind the innocent enough question, seeing it perhaps as a request to share private business details? Well, it's hard to say exactly what he thought you meant, there is a language/understanding barrier in place. 

But don't worry, Joe's bark is worse than his bite Smile
(03-02-2016, 03:21 PM)SkairkrohBule Wrote:
(03-02-2016, 09:47 AM)tllim Wrote: Still keep my finger cross, only consider as good news when actual deliver.

I think it's fair to say that Joe has miscontrued something here. Joe is a very staunch supporter/defender of Pine64, I think he misunderstood the intent behind the innocent enough question, seeing it perhaps as a request to share private business details? Well, it's hard to say exactly what he thought you meant, there is a language/understanding barrier in place. 

I support this project , but i don't have need to know more answer ,  i am not the defender.
If I am wrong please correct my content , thank !

1. Use Pine64 Running Ubuntu 16.04 Web Server ( LAMP )

2. Use Pine64 Running Official Android 6  for Media player
3. Use Pine64 Running Volumio Digital Audio Player

(03-02-2016, 05:31 PM)joe Wrote:
(03-02-2016, 10:12 AM)Tassadar Wrote: Ok thanks! Could you keep update us on this topic? If i've understood correctly there's no agreement but just a simple interest isn't it?

I support this proiect , but i don't have need to know more answer ,  i am not the defender.

Hi Joe! Smile Well ok, that's fine, just be aware a lot of people are here to obtain information and ask questions, with the hope of getting answers.
(03-02-2016, 06:20 PM)SkairkrohBule Wrote:
(03-02-2016, 05:31 PM)joe Wrote:
(03-02-2016, 11:30 AM)joe Wrote: This is business to converse , update for what you want ?

I support this proiect , but i don't have need to know more answer ,  i am not the defender.

Hi Joe! Smile Well ok, that's fine, just be aware a lot of people are here to obtain information and ask questions, with the hope of getting answers.
As a software developer, I -absolutely- care about the seriousness with which Pine approaches getting the modifications required into the Linux mainline. My HardKernel Odroid-c1 lays in the drawer because I can't get a new enough version of the Kernel to do what I need.

The vagueness and hostility towards how this question is being answered tells me that if I am serious - I need to find a vendor thst can both appreciate these questions and have solid answers for them. Competition in this space is only heating up.
(03-08-2016, 09:14 AM)jaysonraymond Wrote: As a software developer, I -absolutely- care about the seriousness with which Pine approaches getting the modifications required into the Linux mainline. My HardKernel Odroid-c1 lays in the drawer because I can't get a new enough version of the Kernel to do what I need.
http://forum.odroid.com/viewtopic.php?f=111&t=19292

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Allwinner DE2.0 User Manual xalius 3 7,480 09-20-2016, 01:05 AM
Last Post: tllim
Shocked Back Door found in Allwinner Kernels BuildTheRobots 3 10,561 05-14-2016, 04:04 AM
Last Post: nomadewolf
  Encoder for Allwinner H3 based SOCs (alpha state) taros 0 3,453 03-16-2016, 12:20 PM
Last Post: taros
  Allwinner Mali Information? KPhillisJr 2 6,474 01-14-2016, 03:05 AM
Last Post: taros