best options for email clients
geary isn't playing nice. not sure is the keyring problem is related, but I got the app to open and scale ok, but when I try to add a gmail account, it says that there's no connection. has anyone gotten email figured out? The only workaround that I've come up with is trying to make a webapp with the build-in browser (epiphany), or use firefox. 

what are you guys doing for email?
I've been using Evolution with okay results. The UI is still designed for a desktop but its not too bad on a mobile screen (after scale-to-fit that is). Plus it can sync calendars and contacts as well which can get picked up by other apps on your phone.
(08-01-2020, 11:11 AM)jjs Wrote: I've been using Evolution with okay results. The UI is still designed for a desktop but its not too bad on a mobile screen (after scale-to-fit that is). Plus it can sync calendars and contacts as well which can get picked up by other apps on your phone.
which process did you apply scale-to-fit to for everything to fit on the screen? I just tried with "evolution," and nothing happened. when I use ps and grep for evolution there are multiple processes running alarm, addre, calen etc....how did you do it?
thanks!
(08-01-2020, 05:45 PM)arturo2bodegas Wrote:
(08-01-2020, 11:11 AM)jjs Wrote: I've been using Evolution with okay results. The UI is still designed for a desktop but its not too bad on a mobile screen (after scale-to-fit that is). Plus it can sync calendars and contacts as well which can get picked up by other apps on your phone.
which process did you apply scale-to-fit to for everything to fit on the screen? I just tried with "evolution," and nothing happened. when I use ps and grep for evolution there are multiple processes running alarm, addre, calen etc....how did you do it?
thanks!

Should just be "Evolution" so it might be case sensitive.

Code:
scale-to-fit Evolution on
(

process:209926): dconf-WARNING **: 10:00:49.002: failed to commit changes to dconf: Cannot autolaunch D-Bus without X11 $DISPLAY
Scale-to-fit for Evolution is now false
root@mobian:/home/mobian# scale-to-fit Evolution

(process:210010): dconf-WARNING **: 10:01:07.954: failed to commit changes to dconf: Cannot autolaunch D-Bus without X11 $DISPLAY
root@mobian:/home/mobian# sudo scale-to-fit Evolution on
root@mobian:/home/mobian#

so strange...I'm getting these errors when I try...wonder if this is an issue with wayland vs xorg?

it might not have shown up in what I just pasted, but I did try "scale-to-fit Evolution on," among other variants just for fun.
The script changes user preferences, it should not be run as root but as user mobian
gotcha. I'm still trying to figure out when it works, and when it doesn't. is it only with .deb binaries written for xorg, not wayland? or .debs written for wayland? or flatpaks? I'm trying the process of elimination because I can't get a decent music player and email client figured out. I don't think that I can use it as a daily driver until I can send/receive emails, listen to music/podcasts, and make/receive sms and calls, and I'm getting close!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Thunderbird for Calendar and Email rp3 2 3,877 01-12-2021, 06:02 AM
Last Post: rp3
  MAC Address/NIC Privacy Script [various options] RTP 2 3,636 08-17-2020, 09:39 AM
Last Post: RTP
  Spotify clients vicky 2 4,794 08-05-2020, 06:42 AM
Last Post: Tristan42