Crash Reboot Cycle
I have the 512mb Pine64.  I've installed the ubuntu image from the FAQ page.  I am in a constant logon-crash-reboot cycle. I try to access the crash reports, but it reboots to login screen overtime.  Any suggestions on how to debug this cycle?

ok, I cancelled, ignored the error reporting. and now the machine is up and running.. i am able to launch a terminal window.. and to dig around... will see about running updates... and if I can stay running

ok.. tried to run the system settings to set my clock - Crash-reboot
tried to get into software updater - Crash-Reboot
seems like I can run the desktop and a terminal - but if I try to do anything.. I get a Crash-Reboot cycle...

Pointers for things to check would be greatly appreciated.
(05-18-2016, 08:40 AM)Michaelrowe01 Wrote: I have the 512mb Pine64.  I've installed the ubuntu image from the FAQ page.  I am in a constant logon-crash-reboot cycle. I try to access the crash reports, but it reboots to login screen overtime.  Any suggestions on how to debug this cycle?

ok, I cancelled, ignored the error reporting. and now the machine is up and running.. i am able to launch a terminal window.. and to dig around... will see about running updates... and if I can stay running

ok.. tried to run the system settings to set my clock - Crash-reboot
tried to get into software updater - Crash-Reboot
seems like I can run the desktop and a terminal - but if I try to do anything.. I get a Crash-Reboot cycle...

Pointers for things to check would be greatly appreciated.

As I have mentioned in wiki page, Ubuntu not suitable for 512MB board due to system memory resource constraint. This is why you keep getting the crash and reboot cycle. Please use Debian image.
Thanks @Tlllim - I guess I missed that.. building the image now..

ok.. solid boot up with Debian.. thanks again!!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PSCI, u-boot and reboot on Sopine ClusterBoard hbaxmann 0 2,328 09-03-2019, 11:57 PM
Last Post: hbaxmann
  corrupt microsd card after reboot maxpayne 6 10,038 02-08-2017, 05:42 PM
Last Post: maxpayne
  PineA64 512 reboot - board shut down indrajith 7 12,619 07-28-2016, 02:07 PM
Last Post: Ghost