First time user really confused - need a how-to
Just got a BraveHeart.

Where can I find a tutorial or a how-to for this?

And what about Ubports?  I am unable for some reason to sign up there.

So can somebody point me to where I can learn about this phone?

Huh  Angry
The Wiki should be your canonical source of information:
There are myriad PINE64 and PinePhone chats on IRC, Matrix, et cetera. You can find them under the Forum and Chats tab.
The wiki does indeed have a lot of 'facts'  but there are a lot of helpful answers to questions through out the last 9 or 10 months of the forum posts.

Since the Brave Heart originally opened for pre-orders back in November of last year.

You will probably want a copy of Balena Etcher on your home computer to flash the operating systems you chose to try onto some SD card(s).

There are lots of forum members here willing to help.

Good Luck
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
OK-
trying to install Crust from these instructions:   https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?...&pid=66462

[/url][url=https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=9957&pid=66462]but having trouble with the keyboard.  As in, how to repeat the last command instead of having to type it again

Also, screen swiping - what are the rules? Different spots on screen do different things

Where do I find this info?
I need keyboard help - how to repeat last command would be big
(07-21-2020, 06:02 AM)binkyd Wrote: OK-
trying to install Crust from these instructions:   https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?...&pid=66462

Also, screen swiping - what are the rules? Different spots on screen do different things

Where do I find this info?

Crust is installed in some of the Distro's....

Screen swiping varies from one Distro to another.
There maybe should be a warning with new Pine phones :

Be extra careful of the power state before removing the battery  !

Many have reported the firmware on the modem can be corrupted by removing the battery while the phone is ON  !

It is easy to accidentally turn the phone on while struggling to remove the rear cover !

BC
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
(07-21-2020, 02:48 PM)bcnaz Wrote: There maybe should be a warning with new Pine phones :

Be extra careful of the power state before removing the battery  !

Many have reported the firmware on the modem can be corrupted by removing the battery while the phone is ON  !

It is easy to accidentally turn the phone on while struggling to remove the rear cover !

BC
That is a concern. I wonder if the corruption also occurs when your OS halts due to the clock problem and the only way to reboot it is to hold down the power button. Hangups have been very frequent for my device. Does sailfish even have an off button? Tried that one, couldn't find it. Lune has one, but it doesn't seem functional. Both require holding the power button to reboot or turn off.
Likely valid questions,  but I think that even a HARD software shut down is preferable over the mechanical shut down from removing the battery.

But I am not qualified to say for certain.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SMS not delivered if receiver offline at sending time alpineduck 14 3,427 09-04-2023, 10:38 PM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  how to backup user data? Uturn 1 614 08-30-2023, 05:23 AM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  Complete noob to the Pinephone 64, cannot set time and date. gordr 11 2,497 06-06-2023, 10:27 AM
Last Post: gordr
  Can't get through "User Configuration" on new PinePhone a-l 24 18,213 06-01-2023, 10:08 AM
Last Post: feketej
  Misunderstanding the user base orbital 9 3,809 08-18-2022, 03:21 PM
Last Post: alaraajavamma
Star Pinephone user experience - Possibly compromised by commercial & state-based hackers? danimations 15 7,255 05-07-2022, 06:54 PM
Last Post: danimations
  Pinephone 64 Issues of a new user US Notheast as of April 2022 scrwbigtek 9 5,271 05-03-2022, 04:18 PM
Last Post: scrwbigtek
  New Pine Phone User In Canada Katsujinken 14 7,297 10-06-2021, 09:11 AM
Last Post: dachalife
  New PinePhone user dachalife 4 3,159 09-15-2021, 12:01 PM
Last Post: dachalife
  Size of the user base constfun 19 12,689 08-23-2021, 10:04 AM
Last Post: wibble