case design for Pine+LCD order
I ordered a Pine64 A+ 2gb ram version with a 7 inch lcd, I would like to prepare by purchasing/scavenging materials for my case.
This left me with a few questions;
What formfactor is the lcd?(Flat with overhanging glass, short/long ribbon cable?) 
Does it have a front plate? 
How does it mount?
Are there screw holes already on the lcd?

A 3D model or some pictureswith dimensions would help a lot.

P.S. Got my tracking number today,hence the post, finally the wait is coming to an end ^o^
Post pics when you get your package. I'm in the same boat, but no tracking number yet...

Blu
+1 me if I have helped you in any way. Thank you.
(05-16-2016, 04:34 PM)Glychee Wrote: I ordered a Pine64 A+ 2gb ram version with a 7 inch lcd, I would like to prepare by purchasing/scavenging materials for my case.
What formfactor is the lcd?(Flat with overhanging glass, short/long ribbon cable?) 
How does it mount?

P.S. Got my tracking number today,hence the post, finally the wait is coming to an end ^o^

Flat with overhanging glass, two long ribbon cable, one for DSI port, one for TP (Touch Panel Port)
Yes, this is front plate. This is needed to align touch pane;l and LCD screen properly.
This is no screw hole,

I will take some photos tomorrow and post here.
(05-16-2016, 04:34 PM)Glychee Wrote: I ordered a Pine64 A+ 2gb ram version with a 7 inch lcd, I would like to prepare by purchasing/scavenging materials for my case.
How does it mount?

Flat with overhanging glass, two long ribbon cable, one for DSI port, one for TP (Touch Panel Port)
Yes, this is front plate. This is needed to align touch pane;l and LCD screen properly.
This is no screw hole,

I will take some photos tomorrow and post here.
Could you take those pictures Tllim Smile ?
(05-23-2016, 05:27 PM)Glychee Wrote: Could you take those pictures Tllim Smile ?

Attached is the LCD panel photo. The thin ribbon cable is for touch screen. The thicker cable with adapter board is for LCD DSI port.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I have one of these myself, and it seems to work well. Sadly i ordered the acrylic open case rather than the lcd integrated case, and now sadly they are sold out Sad
They also sold out FAST, I ordered my accessories the day the store went live, and I still was unable to get the LCD integrated case. Hopefully as they get stuff sent out they will also have time to order more cases, and get the batteries up... I am excited to get my Pine converted into an Ubuntu tablet! No more useless mobile browsers!

I like my Lego case and will probably keep it for a while, I don't know that I could retro it to hold the screen so I am holding off until the battery, case and screen are all available. Hopefully things will calm down a bit enough for everyone to catch up!
Little beats big when little is smart. First with the head, then with the heart.  P.K. ~Power of One~
(05-26-2016, 11:31 AM)ajsullivan Wrote: I have one of these myself, and it seems to work well. Sadly i ordered the acrylic open case rather than the lcd integrated case, and now sadly they are sold out Sad

The LCD integrated case (playbox) will be available on June once fulfill the KS pledge.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Photo C4 Labs Pine 64 Cases (Standard & LCD) Bluphire 95 162,153 11-02-2020, 08:43 PM
Last Post: Little_Johnny
Big Grin Super Mario case [NOW WITH UPDATED STL-FILE (April 27.)] Tarjei85 37 63,248 07-23-2020, 05:31 AM
Last Post: devendraraju
  Made a case for the Pine64 with Audio DAC installed kodachrome 1 3,896 11-12-2019, 04:52 AM
Last Post: xalius
  playbox case ribbon cable too short pinoosh 7 12,112 02-22-2019, 03:24 AM
Last Post: GaryFunk
  Clear case PIne 64 with VESA100 LIPO , RTC holder, and mini fan holes killor 6 11,380 08-05-2017, 07:15 AM
Last Post: killor
  New Pine 64 Screen Case from C4Labs Dustin_C4Labs 11 18,689 07-18-2017, 10:39 AM
Last Post: tllim
Information Giving the Pine a trunk, a Playbox pedestal tommypine 7 9,954 07-16-2017, 01:51 AM
Last Post: selina3
  A case with active cooling for 1Gb pine64 ishwest 5 9,894 06-28-2017, 04:05 AM
Last Post: ishwest
  Lego Case Kiryu 67 87,280 03-30-2017, 11:36 AM
Last Post: Luke
  Do Pine sell a tablet back cover? brucezepplin 4 7,685 12-20-2016, 08:24 AM
Last Post: Bluphire