Operating systems
Hello, I was just wondering if we would be able to add on a micro sd card at the end of the campaign that would have an os like lubuntu already installed? Thanks!
(01-10-2016, 11:18 AM)Rhetoric Wrote: Hello, I was just wondering if we would be able to add on a micro sd card at the end of the campaign that would have an os like lubuntu already installed? Thanks!

At the end of campaign, we for sure will have microSD card with stock Android Lolipop 5.1.1 image preinstalled.  We may have Remix OS preinstalled microSD card if the collaboration goes well. We may not have the Linux preinstalled microSD card.
Thanks for the clarification!
(01-10-2016, 12:36 PM)tllim Wrote:
(01-10-2016, 11:18 AM)Rhetoric Wrote: Hello, I was just wondering if we would be able to add on a micro sd card at the end of the campaign that would have an os like lubuntu already installed? Thanks!

At the end of campaign, we for sure will have microSD card with stock Android Lolipop 5.1.1 image preinstalled.  We may have Remix OS preinstalled microSD card if the collaboration goes well. We may not have the Linux preinstalled microSD card.
I was also wondering if you had any idea on how much those pre-installed operating systems will cost? Thanks!
(01-10-2016, 03:03 PM)Rhetoric Wrote:

I was also wondering if you had any idea on how much those pre-installed operating systems will cost? Thanks!

We are currently still sourcing on the microSD card price from multiple vendors. The OS and software itself is free, costs is on the SD memory capacity and labor on programming.
(01-10-2016, 03:11 PM)tllim Wrote:

We are currently still sourcing on the microSD card price from multiple vendors. The OS and software itself is free, costs is on the SD memory capacity and labor on programming.

According to the Remix folks their business model relies on hardware vendors paying them to get Remix OS for their devices. That's contrary to your statement "The OS and software itself is free"
(01-10-2016, 03:47 PM)Andrew2 Wrote:
(01-10-2016, 03:11 PM)tllim Wrote:

According to the Remix folks their business model relies on hardware vendors paying them to get Remix OS for their devices. That's contrary to your statement "The OS and software itself is free"
We manage to collaborate with Remix folks and get a good free deal for Pine64 user.
Add my vote for having a preinstalled Linux image available as an option.