Installing Ubuntu 20.04 (Focal) with BSP uBoot with deep sleep and sound
And you unxz'd the image before copying it to the eMMC?

What does lsblk show on your eMMC after you've flashed the image and rebooted on the SD card?
(06-23-2020, 01:48 PM)Syonyk Wrote: And you unxz'd the image before copying it to the eMMC?

What does lsblk show on your eMMC after you've flashed the image and rebooted on the SD card?
After I flash the image, I can't boot from anything and just sit there with a yellow light forever. When I plugged the EMMC into my computer it looked like it had been flashed correctly  Huh . I am currently downloading a new image to see if the one I used the first few times was corrupt (I currently have flashed Q4OS to the EMMC just so I could boot again). I did unxz the file and DD the .img file, as well as use Etcher. On a side note, it seems Q4OS won't boot from SD even after flashing BSP uboot  Angry .
I guarantee a serial cable will enlighten you as to the issue. It's definitely still dev grade hardware...
Question 
Does anyone have a md5hash of the file so I can know if mine is corrupted?
sha256sum of the xz:

2372fe57cc83214421414f9056e3f0c4bc9bcfb7ba47337fdd7e507e0624d717 focal-gnome-pinebookpro-0.10.12-1184-arm64.img.xz
(06-23-2020, 02:21 PM)Syonyk Wrote: sha256sum of the xz:

2372fe57cc83214421414f9056e3f0c4bc9bcfb7ba47337fdd7e507e0624d717  focal-gnome-pinebookpro-0.10.12-1184-arm64.img.xz
That matches mine! I am going to try flashing again with and without the bs=1M parameter in DD

For some reason the OS just won't boot! If I leave the EMMC switch on, the yellow light stays on forever. If I turn the EMMC off, it boots into the Manjaro installer on my MicroSD card. Trying it now with the bs=1M parameter...
EDIT: no luck Sad

Switching back to Manjaro for now...
This has been really weird! When I booted it off of SD card everything worked fine, but as soon as I tried to flash it to my EMMC, everything went wrong! I have got to be doing something wrong here, but what? As far as I know I have the correct image and have followed flashing instructions to a T! Thanks for all the help, though.
Maybe it's my computer...When I flashed SD card with image on a different computer, it booted up great! But why would DDing directly from the OS not work then...?
Sad 
I give up! Today I tried two last things:
1. I booted from my Ubuntu 20.04 MicroSD card and wiped the EMMC completely in Gparted before DDing the .img file over with the exact same command you used except using mmcblk2 because that was where my EMMC was mounted. I took a deep breath, powered off, and surprise! yellow light and no display output at all.
2. I plugged the EMMC into my computer and wiped it. This time, though, Gparted gave me an error about the GPT not being right, so I clicked fix and my EMMC's capacity jumped from 58 GB to 62 (?). Then I created an ext4 filesystem on it before using Etcher to write the image to the EMMC. I turned my Pinebook Pro on and...no luck. Strangely, I had my Ubuntu 20.04 MicroSD card in part of the time, but even with it in, I never got past the yellow light. Even if the image on the EMMC is somehow corrupt, it should at least boot to SD, right?
Thank you SOOOO much @Syonyk for troubleshooting with me, but without a UART cable, I think running the image from my SD card is the closest I can get to running this image on my Pinebook Pro. Maybe later...
If the exact same image, on the SD card, isn't running from the eMMC, something is "not as it should be" - somewhere.

But without a UART to see the boot logs, it's hard to tell what.

You shouldn't be creating a filesystem on the eMMC, though. You should be just blowing out to the whole block device. The image contains the partition header, partition table, filesystems, etc. I really think you need to stop using etcher, though. Use dd.

If you're booted from the SD card with the image on the eMMC, what does 'lsblk' output? Can you mount the root partition on the eMMC?
Information 
(06-25-2020, 05:06 PM)Syonyk Wrote: If the exact same image, on the SD card, isn't running from the eMMC, something is "not as it should be" - somewhere.

But without a UART to see the boot logs, it's hard to tell what.

You shouldn't be creating a filesystem on the eMMC, though.  You should be just blowing out to the whole block device.  The image contains the partition header, partition table, filesystems, etc.  I really think you need to stop using etcher, though.  Use dd.

If you're booted from the SD card with the image on the eMMC, what does 'lsblk' output?  Can you mount the root partition on the eMMC?
The only reason I created the filesystem on the EMMC was just in case there was some sort of u-boot left on the EMMC after flashing. I know it's far-fetched, but I just wanted to try everything. I actually used Etcher to flash the working MicroSD card, so I was just trying to do the exact thing on the EMMC just in case (I am perfectly capable of using DD, but I am a little wary of using it due to the myriad internet horror stories of overwriting the wrong disk Smile  ). Unfortunately, I have switched to the Fedora build on my EMMC for the moment, so I can't tell you exatly what lsblk outputs, but if I recall correctly, there were three partitions on the disk. I will try flashing again tomorrow maybe after I back up my Fedora installation, and I will see what lsblk outputs then. Mounting partitions on the EMMC is not a problem. In fact, when I was briefly flipping through the partitions on the EMMC when I still had Ubuntu 20.04 on it, everything looked just fine-there were files on each of the partitions and it all looked normal Huh  . Is there a way I can have the log dumped to a file so I can see what is going wrong in the booting process? I am guessing that is hard to do if the OS won't boot to change that setting Big Grin  . One note on the yellow light: It appears when the EMMC switch is on and/or a bootable MicroSD card is inserted, but nothing ever happens after that. If the EMMC is off and the MicroSD card is removed, when I press the power button absolutely nothing happens.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to rewrite uboot to emmc pineitup 5 8,692 12-27-2020, 10:35 AM
Last Post: nightranger73
  How to install Ubuntu to eMMC and to install KDE (Neon) Wizzard 66 97,702 12-22-2020, 03:05 PM
Last Post: Wizzard
  Installing WPS Office on Manjaro brent.thierens 5 9,612 07-13-2020, 03:13 AM
Last Post: brent.thierens
Exclamation Flash dhivael's SPI uboot (risky) clover 51 52,148 06-20-2020, 03:24 PM
Last Post: craftkiller
  How to boot Manjaro from NVME with uboot on eMMC as400 47 55,767 06-07-2020, 02:37 AM
Last Post: as400
  Instructions for Installing VS Code on Manjaro clover 6 14,198 06-04-2020, 09:37 PM
Last Post: pfeerick
  Installing Docker on Pinebook Pro - update 1/18/20 SuperXkoodA 4 7,453 03-24-2020, 03:19 PM
Last Post: chaoskampf
  (almost) upstream uboot/atf User 15997 27 30,499 02-08-2020, 10:18 PM
Last Post: Natrox
  Quick Guide to installing Ubuntu Unity on your Pinebook Pro andybleaden@gmail.com 19 23,034 02-03-2020, 11:17 AM
Last Post: MIchael
  Installing Wine i386 on Pinebook Pro wrzomar 0 3,212 01-31-2020, 03:52 PM
Last Post: wrzomar