Maximum storage capacity
What is the maximum storage configuration for the PineBook Pro? How many internal drive ports does it have? Can Linux be booted from any of them or only one? Can boot operating systems from USB?

I don't think that information is available on the Wiki. Please add it.
The maximum storage:
* eMMC is currently maxed at 128GB, (with upgrade & replacement of existing 64GB module). Samsung does make a 256GB module but no one has made it available for the PBP.
* The optional NVMe size is dependent on power usage, theoretical beyond 8TB, but more practical 1TB

There are 2 internal drive ports, eMMC & optional NVMe. Of the 2, only the eMMC is directly bootable. If you want to load an OS off the NVMe, you have to boot another device, like SPI, eMMC or SD card, which can then load the OS off the NVMe. Note that the U-Boot has to be enabled to support the NVMe device.

Pinebook Pros can not boot off USB the same way as the other devices. It can not boot off the USB Type C port.

See this section on the Wiki;

https://wiki.pine64.org/index.php?title=...le_Storage
--
Arwen Evenstar
Princess of Rivendale
Thank you.
Hello Arwen I was wondering if you knew whether or not I'd be able to put in a Sabrent 4TB Rocket Q4 NVMe PCIe 4.0 M.2 2280 in a pinebook pro??
(01-24-2021, 05:43 PM)N.OK_31 Wrote: Hello Arwen I was wondering if you knew whether or not I'd be able to put in a Sabrent 4TB Rocket Q4 NVMe PCIe 4.0 M.2 2280 in a pinebook pro??
No, I do not know.

At a guess, I would say not. That is a very high speed NVMe drive, which consumes a lot of power. Pinebook Pros do not have much power for NVMes. Most people who have successfully installed a NVMe drive into their Pinebook Pros, have used more power efficient devices.

You might check the Pinebook Pro Wiki;

Pine64 Wiki - Pinebook Pro - Hardware Accessory Compatibility - NVMe SSD drives
--
Arwen Evenstar
Princess of Rivendale

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lockable-until-power-cycle persistent storage Melab 0 703 09-17-2023, 08:51 PM
Last Post: Melab
  M.2 SSD PBP maximum storage? weakbit 4 5,623 01-02-2020, 07:17 AM
Last Post: tophneal