PineTab Pre-Orders are up!
PineTab pre-orders are up!

There are two SKUs available:
  1. Standalone Tablet
  2. Tablet + Keyboard
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

Happy days!

Is there a power supply needing to be bought with this? Or a standard USB charger is enough to charge the PineTab with the supplied cable? I noticed the plug size is different to the standard ones in the store.
Is it a standard eMMC that the "USB Adapter for eMMC Module" can be used?

Thanks!
In addition to the power supply question, is the expansion board going to be available for LTE?
Hello,

will Pine64 donate a pinetab to LibreElec (jernej) so we will see LibreElec on the Pinetab? If LibreElec support is planned, I definitely will buy one.

Thanks.
(06-10-2020, 05:36 AM)roel Wrote: Hello,

will Pine64 donate a pinetab to LibreElec (jernej)  so we will see LibreElec on the Pinetab?  If LibreElec support is planned, I definitely will buy one. 

Thanks.

If LibreELEC devs need a Tab to develop for, I believe they can contact Luke or tllim directly. There is already a LibreELEC fro the a64 (same hardware as the Tab) so getting the existing image working on the Tab should be pretty trivial for them.

will Pine64 donate a pinetab to LibreElec (jernej)  so we will see LibreElec on the Pinetab?  If LibreElec support is planned, I definitely will buy one. 

Thanks.

Safe to say Jernej can get any toy he asks for. I cannot see why a dedicated LE build would be ideal for the device tho... why not just use KODI in an existing OS?
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

Hey, this is nice.
But why is the shipping to germany 27 USD (not even DHL Express, which is 35 USD, but that's always expensive)?
I don't see how the shipping costs can exceed 10 USD (including insurance) for such an affordable device. Aren't you shipping from China?
This being the only thing that really excited me in last year's announcements, my order is IN! Super looking forward to this.
(06-10-2020, 08:19 AM)Luke Wrote:

Thanks.

Safe to say Jernej can get any toy he asks for. I cannot see why a dedicated LE build would be ideal for the device tho... why not just use KODI in an existing OS?

I'm thinking about overhead and kids.  To be honest I have a Pine64+ running Manjaro with the Mate desktop and it's good for what it is but that's all.  No Ooo's and Wauw's, but more the sound of thicking fingers on the table...
By the other hand, a dedicated OS as LE or LAKKA would be OK for the kids in the car for example.  It should be a good reason to justify another toy for me to play with while it has a functional purpose for the kids.

I would be glad to port LE to the pinetab, but I have already a lot of projects I'm working on (for example Manjaro on the Pine64+ and PineH64).  So the little free time I have after work, I have to share to family, housekeeping and projects.  So I really don't dare to ask a pinetab for development...

Edit: Seems Jernej has already a PineTab and did already some testing.
When will a non-ubuntu batch be up for order ?
( That is ether no OS or possibly a Mobian OS )
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PineTab-V and PineTab 2 Launch - here's what you need to know Luke 8 2,875 07-28-2023, 09:20 AM
Last Post: zer0sig
  PinePhone BETA Edition pre-orders start March 24 Luke 2 6,003 04-23-2021, 09:25 PM
Last Post: ryo
  Next round of Pinebook Pro pre-orders Luke 10 22,218 12-19-2020, 07:58 AM
Last Post: fwav
Information August/ September Pinebook Pro, PineTab and PinePhone shipping thread Luke 256 371,113 10-27-2020, 11:14 AM
Last Post: Luke
  PineTab Chats Luke 4 7,359 10-26-2020, 04:05 AM
Last Post: GreyLinux
  PineTab Update 24/07/2020 Luke 0 3,406 07-24-2020, 12:35 PM
Last Post: Luke
Question Want a 64GB eMMC PineTab upgrade? Luke 40 58,728 09-04-2019, 09:55 PM
Last Post: AlexUlrich99
  London Meetup, PineTab News, SOEdge And More! (August Update Blog) fire219 22 32,343 08-30-2019, 06:47 PM
Last Post: evilbunny
  PinePhone, PineTab and Pinebook Pro June Update Luke 25 42,703 07-16-2019, 10:59 AM
Last Post: heocb