PINE64
Announcing the Mobian project - Printable Version

+- PINE64 (https://forum.pine64.org)
+-- Forum: PinePhone (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=120)
+--- Forum: PinePhone Software (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=121)
+---- Forum: Mobian on PinePhone (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=139)
+---- Thread: Announcing the Mobian project (/showthread.php?tid=9850)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

RE: Announcing the Mobian project - 0x070 - 06-30-2020

(06-30-2020, 10:15 AM)patrickjquinn Wrote: Is there going to be a page with periodic release notes similar to what PMOS does at the bottom of their mirror? Im updating and upgrading 4-5 times a day just to make sure i'm on the latest but say, a thread here with the latest changes or a dedicated update page would be hugely helpful to know what to test Smile

That would be great!

RE: Announcing the Mobian project - bcnaz - 07-01-2020

Should 'Auto-update' be left turned on ?
  Does the auto-update turn off the manual updating from the "Software" page ?

RE: Announcing the Mobian project - bcnaz - 07-01-2020

Text does "work"

But I am getting 3 copies of every incoming message ?    ( Just Me ?  )

RE: Announcing the Mobian project - devrtz - 07-01-2020

@bcnaz I can't currently test this as I don't have a second phone handy,
but if this happens for every message you can report it to upstream here.

Chatty currently uses an unpatched v0.1.13 upstream release.

Edit: I will probably be able to test this sometime tomorrow unless someone else also reports this.

RE: Announcing the Mobian project - 0x070 - 07-01-2020

(07-01-2020, 04:21 PM)bcnaz Wrote: Text does "work"

Are your messages coming in through Chatty? I'm on Verizon and incoming messages don't appear in Chatty, only in modem-manager-gui. A message came through in Chatty once, but it appears to be an anomoly for now.

RE: Announcing the Mobian project - bcnaz - 07-02-2020

(07-01-2020, 07:06 PM)0x070 Wrote:
(07-01-2020, 04:21 PM)bcnaz Wrote: Text does "work"

Are your messages coming in through Chatty? I'm on Verizon and incoming messages don't appear in Chatty, only in modem-manager-gui. A message came through in Chatty once, but it appears to be an anomoly for now.

'Chats'      with 'Contacts' address book.

works pretty dependable, ... in the past there was a period when the incoming messages were doubled.

That seemed to have been fixed.

But now I am receiving triplicates of all 'incoming' messages.

Meanwhile it does seem "Dependable"  I believe all incoming and outgoing messages are "working"

I do use it quite a lot communicating with my family across the country.

I Think I am now using June 30 nightly build.

I just flashed July 2 nightly to a SD card, but I have not tried that yet.

I am on AT&T PrePaid,  If that makes any difference..?

RE: Announcing the Mobian project - dukla2000 - 07-02-2020

(07-02-2020, 02:04 AM)bcnaz Wrote: ...

..?
Just got 1 of my rare SMS, only have ever got a single copy. Running about a week old nightly with regular update && upgrade

RE: Announcing the Mobian project - dukla2000 - 07-02-2020

PS - just noticed in the Mobian wiki, Troubleshooting, the issue to get the regulatory domain persistent for wifi. You need to edit /etc/default/crda and add the appropriate Country Code.

RE: Announcing the Mobian project - livanti21 - 07-02-2020

I've been using Mobian now for the last 3 days and It is without a doubt my favourite OS for the Pinephone. A huge shout out to the Devs who have created this baby. Calls and SMS work on 4G (Mint Mobile, USA) with no issues for me. The mobile experience is so close to the desktop experience which I have wanted for a Linux phone for so long now. I love that approach and believe that is way to go. I am so impressed right now and we are in the infancy stages.

Thanks to you all!

RE: Announcing the Mobian project - bcnaz - 07-02-2020

(07-02-2020, 03:15 AM)dukla2000 Wrote:
(07-02-2020, 02:04 AM)bcnaz Wrote: ...

..?
Just got 1 of my rare SMS, only have ever got a single copy. Running about a week old nightly with regular update && upgrade

Not certain which nightly build mine is, not more than a few days old.
  I will try July 2 or 3 nightly build later tonight (Arizona time)... I prefer to put in my contacts when I am not getting anything else incoming.
I do lots of communicating with family across the USA,    talk & text on my Brave Heart edition phone.

On this build :  Gnome Contacts 3.36.1    Chats 0.1.11, copyright 2018-2020 Purism SPC

The text are dependable, just tripled. (not complaining, just sharing)
  If I do more than 6 or 7 outgoing texts in a row the phone will reboot, but works fine when I sign back in.

The 'speaker phone' works great for me,   using just GUI,    but I do get complaints from the receiving party they hear an echo. (?)

The auto update is turned on (default ?) when I use the nightly build,  I 'think' this disables the manual update feature..? ?

More Later,  BC

Since I am a GUI only user, my experience is based only on the "out of the box" features, you may see different results if you use mods etc...