PINE64
Announcing the Mobian project - Printable Version

+- PINE64 (https://forum.pine64.org)
+-- Forum: PinePhone (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=120)
+--- Forum: PinePhone Software (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=121)
+---- Forum: Mobian on PinePhone (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=139)
+---- Thread: Announcing the Mobian project (/showthread.php?tid=9850)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

Installing pinephone-devtools on eMMC/SD crashes system. "Oh no! Something has gone w - --- - 09-20-2020

Installing pinephone-devtools on eMMC/SD crashes system. "Oh no! Something has gone wrong."
Won't restart without reflashing.

RE: Announcing the Mobian project - dukla2000 - 09-20-2020

pinephone-devtools seems to be past its sell-by date!
Try mobian-devtools instead

RE: Announcing the Mobian project - --- - 09-21-2020

Thanks @dukla2000

RE: Announcing the Mobian project - bcnaz - 09-22-2020

Nightly Release Sept 22 :

Tested on PMOS Community Edition, Convergence version phone using sd card,  Carrier : T-Mobile

Camera is much better
SMS text has improved time stamp
text out works but seems to be delayed minutes
incoming:  did not receive any text
Phone calls, had to change sound settings from 'default' to 'phone call' ....
but at the end of each call,   the phone resets sound settings to default.
audio quality is down, and delayed... you hear each word after you speak it on the ear piece.

Note : My Brave Heart phone is being used as daily driver using last stable release, w/updates

RE: Announcing the Mobian project - HLing - 09-22-2020

Something happening to the sound setting for sure. I was in full panic mode yesterday when I finally realized the sound was defaulting to Headphone settings, but at least I had options to switch to internal speaker and microphone. Today, in the whole wound setting there was only "Dummy O" option in the output device, nothing in the input device, nor configuration. no choices. no sound. Help! (by the way, just installed mobian-devtools, and also, still had to do the blacklist anx7688 to get my charging back to 1.5A again.)

RE: Announcing the Mobian project - daniel - 09-22-2020

(09-22-2020, 05:35 AM)bcnaz Wrote: Note : My Brave Heart phone is being used as daily driver using last stable release, w/updates
How is this possible?
For daily driver should have phone functionality, and this is not really working. Also one should expect a functional camera, and having a smooth browser, etc None of them are really working. You cannot open more than 2-3 apps at the same time, etc

I am saying this not to attack you, but from respect and really curious how you can trust pp as it is now.

RE: Announcing the Mobian project - fernando_c_m - 09-22-2020

(09-22-2020, 06:14 AM)HLing Wrote: Something happening to the sound setting for sure. I was in full panic mode yesterday when I finally realized the sound was defaulting to Headphone settings, but at least I had options to switch to internal speaker and microphone.  Today, in the whole wound setting there was only "Dummy O"  option in the output device, nothing in the input device, nor configuration.  no choices. no sound.  Help! (by the way, just installed mobian-devtools, and also, still had to do the blacklist anx7688 to get my charging back to 1.5A again.)
Try updating again. The dummy output was gone on my phone after updating and rebooting. It defaults to headset though, like yesterday.

RE: Announcing the Mobian project - bcnaz - 09-22-2020

(09-22-2020, 06:56 AM)daniel Wrote:
(09-22-2020, 05:35 AM)bcnaz Wrote: Note : My Brave Heart phone is being used as daily driver using last stable release, w/updates
How is this possible?
For daily driver should have phone functionality, and this is not really working. Also one should expect a functional camera, and having a smooth browser, etc None of them are really working. You cannot open more than 2-3 apps at the same time, etc

I am saying this not to attack you, but from respect and really curious how you can trust pp as it is now.

My Brave Heart phone works, Phone calls, SMS text both in and out, I prefer the Gnome browser but Firefox works, camera is low quality but it does work. It is on the Last Mobian stable release.

The top of that post stated I used my "Post Market phone" to test the newest Mobian "Nightly Release"
  That was the operating system with some faults.

There is a difference between the stable releases and the Nightly Releases.

The Nightly Releases are cutting edge, SO, sometimes they work, sometimes they do not.

I have managed to make calls (most of the time) with the Brave Heart for quite some time...
  Starting back in Feb or March, though I did have to distro hop a few times when UBTouch
broke and I went to Phosh/Debian, then to Mobian....
 IF one operating system does not work, .....  I find one that does.
    Check some of my old posts from back in that time period.
  It has not been without any problems, but when I took the sim card out of my Google phone
      I never put it back...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was at the front of the line when Pine64 opened sales of the Brave Heart.
I bought one PMOS Convergent phone July 15
I bought one PMOS Convergent phone August 15
I bought another PMOS phone Sept. 05 (waiting for)
and one Manjaro Convergent phone Sept 17 (waiting for)
I have 4 sons and a daughter so the phones will not all be for myself.

** The point is the Pine phone works for me, or I would have stopped buying them at the Brave Heart Edition.

RE: Announcing the Mobian project - fernando_c_m - 09-22-2020

(09-22-2020, 06:56 AM)daniel Wrote:
How is this possible?
bcnaz is not alone in using the pinephone as a daily driver.
There must be a fair amount of people doing that. I only own the pp. I gave away my previous phone to my father.
For me mobian was feature complete since the volume  button started working.
My requirements are as follow: calls, lte, sms, wifi hotspot, headset, back camera. They all work, some with workarounds.
I am ready to make a compromise, even if I have to restart the phone to have mobile data again or have to charge the phone every day, in order not to have to use android again.

RE: Announcing the Mobian project - daniel - 09-22-2020

@bcnaz @fernando_c_m you are brave!