PINE64
Announcing the Mobian project - Printable Version

+- PINE64 (https://forum.pine64.org)
+-- Forum: PinePhone (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=120)
+--- Forum: PinePhone Software (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=121)
+---- Forum: Mobian on PinePhone (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=139)
+---- Thread: Announcing the Mobian project (/showthread.php?tid=9850)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

RE: Announcing the Mobian project - cefre00 - 07-27-2020

(07-27-2020, 02:56 AM)l_gyuri Wrote:
(07-27-2020, 02:05 AM)cefre00 Wrote: Hi All!

I still have this SIM problem, so with my Vodafone HU card everything works fine, but my Telenor one can access only 3G and there is no mobile data.
nmcli dev status says the cdc-wdm0 connection is disconnected. I have the correct APN name in a settings, so is there a way I can access mobile data, etc?

Thanks!
Hi!

Here are the settings screenshots for the Hungarian TelenorHELLO subscription.

YESSS!!! Big Grin

It finally works: the only thing I changed is the name of the APN from "Telenor" to "TelenorHELLO"!
Köszönöm szépen öregem, eléggé idegesített a dolog már. Rolleyes

RE: Announcing the Mobian project - l_gyuri - 07-27-2020

(07-27-2020, 03:10 AM)cefre00 Wrote:
(07-27-2020, 02:56 AM)l_gyuri Wrote:
(07-27-2020, 02:05 AM)cefre00 Wrote: Hi All!

I still have this SIM problem, so with my Vodafone HU card everything works fine, but my Telenor one can access only 3G and there is no mobile data.
nmcli dev status says the cdc-wdm0 connection is disconnected. I have the correct APN name in a settings, so is there a way I can access mobile data, etc?

Thanks!
Hi!

Here are the settings screenshots for the Hungarian TelenorHELLO subscription.

YESSS!!! Big Grin

It finally works: the only thing I changed is the name of the APN from "Telenor" to "TelenorHELLO"!
Köszönöm szépen öregem, eléggé idegesített a dolog már. Rolleyes
Örülök, hogy segíthettem! Smile

RE: Announcing the Mobian project - bcnaz - 07-28-2020

Firmware :  Linux Vendor Firmware Services

From the beginning,  Debian/Phosh   and   Mobian worked great on my Brave Heart Edition phone.

Then with updates,  the SMS/text stopped receiving    then  SMS completely quit, even the icons for  'text'  in the contact book disappeared...?

I have went back to previous releases that DID work, back in June,

BUT now with June 27 release I can send,  but not receive text.     BUT it was working fine back in June ?

Exclamation   I just noticed on the software page, top right corner, Software Repositories   :  there are 2  "Linux Vendor Firmware Ser..."  choices 

>  The first one is "enabled" by default,    the second one is "Disabled" by default ?

Should I run both of these Firmware updates ?   (or none ?)

I have not used the terminal to make any changes to the system or the hardware, simply fill-in the blanks stuff.

Are these Firmware updates possibly the reason for my SMS/text failure ?

Thanks,  BC

RE: Announcing the Mobian project - bcnaz - 07-29-2020

-----------------

Even going back to test May 31 and June 15,  I cannot receive incoming SMS/text,  though I can send text with these, 

( but I could receive incoming text when these releases were current ? )

I can still make and receive voice calls with decent audio.

Update :  I installed 'Modem Manager' from the onboard Software store and now my sms/text works fairly well.
(Brave Heart, now running Mobian August 04 nightly from sd card)

RE: Announcing the Mobian project - firefox-58 - 07-30-2020

(07-29-2020, 04:25 AM)bcnaz Wrote: -----------------

Even going back to test May 31 and June 15,  I cannot receive incoming SMS/text,  though I can send text with these, 

( but I could receive incoming text when these releases were current ? )

I can still make and receive voice calls with decent audio.

Here on my O2 Germany - like othe phosh systems: No incoming calls......

UB Touch works and plasma mobile also works and incoming calls are received

RE: Announcing the Mobian project - dukla2000 - 07-30-2020

Incoming calls & SMS fine here, 3 UK on fully update && upgraded
Code:
$ uname -a
Linux mobian 5.7-pinephone #5.7.0+pinephone9 SMP PREEMPT Tue Jul 21 17:26:00 CEST 2020 aarch64 GNU/Linux

RE: Announcing the Mobian project - paju1986 - 08-04-2020

Arch linux image with phosh has working volume keys and auto rotation, maybe the devs can look there and copy it for mobian?

Regards!

RE: Announcing the Mobian project - a-wai - 08-04-2020

(08-04-2020, 02:27 AM)paju1986 Wrote: Arch linux image with phosh has working volume keys and auto rotation, maybe the devs can look there and copy it for mobian?

Volume keys handling are waiting for a new upstream release of phoc, that shouldn't be too long now.
Auto-rotation is still WIP and can be buggy, so we'll wait for the upstream MR to be merged and released as well.

More generally speaking, as things are getting more stable and usable we try to stick with upstream releases unless there's a really critical issue which requires immediate patching, so we might lag behind other distros a bit sometimes...

RE: Announcing the Mobian project - bcnaz - 08-05-2020

"Sometimes"  the sms/text app will not open after entering crust ?      ( calls in & out still work )

Then it requires a reboot.    or a fresh incoming text will make it accessible.

Brave Heart, August 04 nightly w/auto update, from sd card

-------------------

UPDATE :   sms/text is working great again  !

I don't know if I was doing something wrong or what,  I am still flashing my sd cards with etcher.

RE: Announcing the Mobian project - FOSSagent0 - 08-12-2020

@a-wai Has the issue with Cellular been fixed yet? I dont think its hardware because a hardware test shows my Modem is detected but Ive had the issue of non working cellular on my T-mobile sim card with UBports and Mobian. I wanted to post the issue on Gitlab but for some reason Gitlab is having issues with account creating and blocking them. I tried to update but through Mobian and it would seem that the update setting would crash and not progress.  The sim card is a micro sized sim.