PINE64
Announcing the Mobian project - Printable Version

+- PINE64 (https://forum.pine64.org)
+-- Forum: PinePhone (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=120)
+--- Forum: PinePhone Software (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=121)
+---- Forum: Mobian on PinePhone (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=139)
+---- Thread: Announcing the Mobian project (/showthread.php?tid=9850)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

RE: Announcing the Mobian project - bcnaz - 07-18-2020

Just Wondering :

Will the new "Convergence Package" have any effect on the 'Mobian' Project ?

Just curious, BC

RE: Announcing the Mobian project - a-wai - 07-19-2020

(07-15-2020, 02:19 PM)dukla2000 Wrote: Seem to be 2 recent regressions:
1) Screen keeps waking up when on battery. Pretty sure this dates from the 5.7 kernel update, it was previously fixed.
2) Mobile data connection is lost when there is some power save (on battery) and cannot be recovered any obvious way other than a reboot. Seems to date about from when the new little status icon for no data connection appeared.
Both were a problem with my old nightly that was upgraded daily. And both still a problem with fresh install of 14 07 nightly.

The second issue has always been there actually: mobile data coming back up after waking up from sleep is fully random, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, and it's still a bit mysterious (see this issue).

The first issue has been fixed previously, but it's now back under a different form. I seems to be tied to the modem issue this time, but I might have a workaround for this one, it maybe fixed this week.

RE: Announcing the Mobian project - StephanM - 07-19-2020

After todays update Phosh seems snappier on Mobian. Or is that just me? Smile

Thanks to Crust, the battery life of the Pinephone is already relatively long and there seems to be a lot of room for improvement. In addition, I wonder if it is realistic to achieve an improvement in the battery life. Will it be possible to use the Pinephone longer and longer for web surfing, etc. or are we already at the limit? If not at the limit: What does it take to improve usage duration of the Pinephone?

RE: Announcing the Mobian project - dukla2000 - 07-19-2020

(07-19-2020, 12:39 PM)a-wai Wrote:
(07-15-2020, 02:19 PM)dukla2000 Wrote: Seem to be 2 recent regressions:
1) Screen keeps waking up when on battery. Pretty sure this dates from the 5.7 kernel update, it was previously fixed.
2) Mobile data connection is lost when there is some power save (on battery) and cannot be recovered any obvious way other than a reboot. Seems to date about from when the new little status icon for no data connection appeared.
Both were a problem with my old nightly that was upgraded daily. And both still a problem with fresh install of 14 07 nightly.

The second issue has always been there actually: mobile data coming back up after waking up from sleep is fully random, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, and it's still a bit mysterious (see this issue).

The first issue has been fixed previously, but it's now back under a different form. I seems to be tied to the modem issue this time, but I might have a workaround for this one, it maybe fixed this week.
Thanks again.

I thought I could pin down issue 2 - or more specifically avoid it - by waiting after pushing the power button for the network to recover BEFORE scrolling up and entering my PIN. At first it did seem to improve things but it certainly is not a 100% avoidance.

RE: Announcing the Mobian project - bcnaz - 07-20-2020

On my Brave Heart phone, running nightly builds, I no longer receive text ?

Noticed that on a recent build so I updated to July 20 nightly, and I still cannot receive or open the text app.

Anyone else ?

RE: Announcing the Mobian project - devrtz - 07-21-2020

An update to purple-mm-sms was just pushed. Can you update and try again (reboot to be sure)?

If it does not help, maybe check with the advice in this thread.

Hope it helps!

RE: Announcing the Mobian project - bcnaz - 07-21-2020

(07-21-2020, 01:55 AM)devrtz Wrote: An update to purple-mm-sms was just pushed. Can you update and try again (reboot to be sure)?

If it does not help, maybe check with the advice in this thread.

Hope it helps!

I tried to run update through the GUI and it just returns to the previous screen after a few minutes of looking for updates.

I am downloading the July 21 nightly at the moment,  I hope to see some better results.

> ?  >  I have heard some mention of the modem being 'corrupted' by the phone being turned on and the battery being removed.  ?

While I do always turn off the phone before removing the back cover,  there has been a few times the phone accidentally got turned on while
I was removing the cover and the battery...

Hopefully  I have not corrupted the modem ?   it still works for incoming and outgoing calls.

Thank you for your help and suggestions,   BC

RE: Announcing the Mobian project - bcnaz - 07-21-2020

Update :
  Flashed the July 21 nightly to sd card and still no SMS text on my Brave Heart phone. 

Cry

RE: Announcing the Mobian project - spaetz - 07-21-2020

(07-21-2020, 02:34 PM)bcnaz Wrote: > ?  >  I have heard some mention of the modem being 'corrupted' by the phone being turned on and the battery being removed.  ?

While I do always turn off the phone before removing the back cover,  there has been a few times the phone accidentally got turned on while
I was removing the cover and the battery...

Hopefully  I have not corrupted the modem ?   it still works for incoming and outgoing calls.
While unlikely, it is possible to kill your modem when interrupting electricity. If you can still make calls, it should be fine though....

RE: Announcing the Mobian project - bcnaz - 07-22-2020

(07-21-2020, 09:36 PM)bcnaz Wrote: Update :
  Flashed the July 21 nightly to sd card and still no SMS text on my Brave Heart phone. 

Cry
   (July 22 )

I did newest update :
      Now the text icon in the contact book is gone,    only shows the phone handset icon ?