PINE64
Manjaro and Arch repository with privacy oriented software - Printable Version

+- PINE64 (https://forum.pine64.org)
+-- Forum: Pinebook Pro (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+--- Forum: Linux on Pinebook Pro (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=114)
+--- Thread: Manjaro and Arch repository with privacy oriented software (/showthread.php?tid=9452)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

RE: Manjaro and Arch repository with privacy oriented software - spikerguy - 07-30-2020

Hello,

I see that ferdi is depreciated from the repo Sad I moved away from hamsket on x86 as we discussed on manjaro thread and I started using ferdi now and I am loving its fluid UI and the layout which also have multiple workspaces and dark mode.

While on Pinebook Pro I am still stuck with Hamsket which is working fine but I was happy to see ferdi on the op but it is not there anymore Sad

Keep up the good work.

RE: Manjaro and Arch repository with privacy oriented software - llsf - 07-31-2020

Yeah, I could not get it to compile for some pretty much un-debuggable npm-electron-mystery-error a while back, so I dropped it for the sake of having hamsket instead.

Considering that there's at least one interested person in having it back (ie. you :D), I'll take a look at it again soon – maybe the mysterious issue has mysteriously disappeared in the meantime ^^

/edit

btw: multiple updates (caidao, librewolf, jitsi …) are almost ready – working on it :)

RE: Manjaro and Arch repository with privacy oriented software - llsf - 08-01-2020

@spikerguy: good news, sort of. I've just added ferdi-git to the repo again. Seems to work mostly as it should, except for what seems to be an upstream issue that's been open for a while now (and supposedly fixed, but not really… well, it's somewhat inconclusive); some services don't work due to a wrong / outdated user agent.

At least for WhatsApp there's a workaround, though: https://github.com/getferdi/ferdi/issues/788#issuecomment-660928738 (settings=>services=>whatsapp=>open user.js=> edit your index.js in your local recipes folder).

So no promises that everything's awesome – but maybe it's sufficiently okayish, for now ;)

RE: Manjaro and Arch repository with privacy oriented software - as400 - 08-02-2020

Repo updated.

New versions:

1. Caidao - ungoogled chromium (caidao-84.0.4147.105-1-aarch64)
2. Bitwarden (bitwarden-1.20.0-1-aarch64)
3. LibreWolf (librewolf-79.0.1-aarch64)
4. Jitsi Meet Desktop (jitsi-meet-desktop-2.3.1-1-aarch64)

And Ferdi is back Smile

RE: Manjaro and Arch repository with privacy oriented software - JasonG-FR - 08-17-2020

Bitwarden 1.20.1 as been added to the official Manjaro ARM Stable repository: https://forum.manjaro.org/t/arm-stable-update-2020-08-13-bitwarden-plasma-systemd-and-kernels/118

RE: Manjaro and Arch repository with privacy oriented software - llsf - 08-19-2020

(08-17-2020, 11:01 AM)JasonG-FR Wrote: Bitwarden 1.20.1 as been added to the official Manjaro ARM Stable repository: https://forum.manjaro.org/t/arm-stable-update-2020-08-13-bitwarden-plasma-systemd-and-kernels/118

Yep, good stuff – less work for me ;)

=> will be removed from this repo with the next update.

RE: Manjaro and Arch repository with privacy oriented software - Labo - 08-21-2020

Hi, I installed ferdi-git but am facing the following issue:

Code:
MESA-LOADER: failed to retrieve device information
MESA-LOADER: failed to open kms_swrast (search paths /usr/lib/dri)
failed to load driver: kms_swrast
MESA-LOADER: failed to open swrast (search paths /usr/lib/dri)
failed to load swrast driver
Starting local server on port 45569
Knex: run
$ npm install sqlite3 --save
Error: Cannot find module '/usr/lib/ferdi/app.asar/node_modules/sqlite3/lib/binding/electron-v9.2-linux-arm64/node_sqlite3.node'                                                                                                         
Require stack:
- /usr/lib/ferdi/app.asar/node_modules/sqlite3/lib/sqlite3.js
- /usr/lib/ferdi/app.asar/node_modules/knex/lib/dialects/sqlite3/index.js
- /usr/lib/ferdi/app.asar/node_modules/knex/lib/index.js
- /usr/lib/ferdi/app.asar/node_modules/knex/knex.js
- /usr/lib/ferdi/app.asar/node_modules/@adonisjs/lucid/src/Database/index.js
- /usr/lib/ferdi/app.asar/node_modules/@adonisjs/lucid/src/Database/Manager.js
- /usr/lib/ferdi/app.asar/node_modules/@adonisjs/lucid/providers/LucidProvider.js
- /usr/lib/ferdi/app.asar/node_modules/require-stack/src/index.js
- /usr/lib/ferdi/app.asar/node_modules/require-stack/index.js
- /usr/lib/ferdi/app.asar/node_modules/@adonisjs/fold/src/Ioc/index.js
- /usr/lib/ferdi/app.asar/node_modules/@adonisjs/fold/index.js
- /usr/lib/ferdi/app.asar/internal-server/start.js
- /usr/lib/ferdi/app.asar/electron/ipc-api/localServer.js
- /usr/lib/ferdi/app.asar/electron/ipc-api/index.js
- /usr/lib/ferdi/app.asar/index.js
- /usr/lib/electron/resources/default_app.asar/main.js
-
    at Module._resolveFilename (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:797:17)
    at Function.o._resolveFilename (electron/js2c/browser_init.js:281:679)
    at Module._load (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:690:27)
    at Function.Module._load (electron/js2c/asar.js:769:28)
    at Module.require (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:852:19)
    at require (internal/modules/cjs/helpers.js:74:18)
    at Object.<anonymous> (/usr/lib/ferdi/app.asar/node_modules/sqlite3/lib/sqlite3.js:4:15)
    at Module._compile (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:967:30)
    at Object.Module._extensions..js (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:1004:10)
    at Module.load (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:815:32)
    at Module._load (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:727:14)
    at Function.Module._load (electron/js2c/asar.js:769:28)
    at Module.require (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:852:19)
    at require (internal/modules/cjs/helpers.js:74:18)
    at Client_SQLite3._driver (/usr/lib/ferdi/app.asar/node_modules/knex/lib/dialects/sqlite3/index.js:57:12)
    at Client_SQLite3.initializeDriver (/usr/lib/ferdi/app.asar/node_modules/knex/lib/client.js:250:26)
info: serving app on http://127.0.0.1:45569
warning:
  WARNING: Adonis has detected an unhandled promise rejection, which may
  cause undesired behavior in production.
  To stop this warning, use catch() on promises or wrap await
  calls inside try/catch.

TypeError: Cannot read property 'Database' of undefined
    at /usr/lib/ferdi/app.asar/node_modules/knex/lib/dialects/sqlite3/index.js:84:33
    at Promise._execute (/usr/lib/ferdi/app.asar/node_modules/bluebird/js/release/debuggability.js:384:9)
    at Promise._resolveFromExecutor (/usr/lib/ferdi/app.asar/node_modules/bluebird/js/release/promise.js:518:18)
    at new Promise (/usr/lib/ferdi/app.asar/node_modules/bluebird/js/release/promise.js:103:10)
    at Client_SQLite3.acquireRawConnection (/usr/lib/ferdi/app.asar/node_modules/knex/lib/dialects/sqlite3/index.js:83:12)
    at create (/usr/lib/ferdi/app.asar/node_modules/knex/lib/client.js:280:23)
    at /usr/lib/ferdi/app.asar/node_modules/tarn/lib/Pool.js:315:34
    at Object.tryPromise (/usr/lib/ferdi/app.asar/node_modules/tarn/lib/utils.js:53:24)
    at /usr/lib/ferdi/app.asar/node_modules/tarn/lib/Pool.js:315:17
    at new Promise (<anonymous>)
    at callbackOrPromise (/usr/lib/ferdi/app.asar/node_modules/tarn/lib/Pool.js:306:12)
    at Pool._create (/usr/lib/ferdi/app.asar/node_modules/tarn/lib/Pool.js:236:9)
    at Pool._doCreate (/usr/lib/ferdi/app.asar/node_modules/tarn/lib/Pool.js:208:36)
    at Pool._tryAcquireOrCreate (/usr/lib/ferdi/app.asar/node_modules/tarn/lib/Pool.js:159:18)
    at Pool.acquire (/usr/lib/ferdi/app.asar/node_modules/tarn/lib/Pool.js:85:14)
    at /usr/lib/ferdi/app.asar/node_modules/knex/lib/client.js:335:26

RE: Manjaro and Arch repository with privacy oriented software - llsf - 08-22-2020

I can reproduce this. Might require a rebuild, because the Electron package for Manjaro was recently updated.

I'll report back.

RE: Manjaro and Arch repository with privacy oriented software - llsf - 08-23-2020

@Labo

Should be fixed – couldn't tell you earlier because, well, the board was somewhat offline ;)

RE: Manjaro and Arch repository with privacy oriented software - Labo - 08-27-2020

(08-23-2020, 01:44 PM)llsf Wrote: @Labo

Should be fixed – couldn't tell you earlier because, well, the board was somewhat offline Wink
Thanks Smile It works now for me too.

I ended up testing and loving Hamsket so I'll stick with it, but it's always nice to have the choice!