PINE64
Fedora + Phosh for PinePhone - Printable Version

+- PINE64 (https://forum.pine64.org)
+-- Forum: PinePhone (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=120)
+--- Forum: PinePhone Software (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=121)
+--- Thread: Fedora + Phosh for PinePhone (/showthread.php?tid=9347)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: Fedora + Phosh for PinePhone - buffer - 03-21-2020

(03-21-2020, 10:02 PM)bcnaz Wrote:
(03-21-2020, 08:30 PM)njha Wrote:
(03-21-2020, 08:14 PM)bcnaz Wrote: I see software package downloads, but I do not see any complete OS downloads on the pages linked in your posts.  ?

Look under assets at the bottom of each release? Release 4 is the latest one, it's the file ending in .zst. Just flash that as per the instructions.

OK so I have it downloaded,

When I attempt to use Balena Etcher to flash it to an SD card,  Balena Etcher warns me this is NOT a bootable image ?

You have to extract it first. https://stackoverflow.com/questions/45355277/how-can-i-decompress-an-archive-file-having-tar-zst

Code:
$ tar -I zstd -xvf archive.tar.zst

RE: Fedora + Phosh for PinePhone - bcnaz - 03-23-2020

I tried a few times "NO JOY"

RE: Fedora + Phosh for PinePhone - colin hodsdon - 03-23-2020

(03-23-2020, 01:08 AM)bcnaz Wrote: I tried a few times  "NO JOY"

in terminal i just copy and pasted, the command , dragged and dropped ,the file location, and it extracted to the same location. 
wallah !!!

RE: Fedora + Phosh for PinePhone - bcnaz - 03-23-2020

I attempted to install software app that can compress/uncompress  the zst file,  but somewhere along the line it did not take.
There are other OSes that I can work with and try.
I will watch for this,  if they add files   " I can 'use'  I will try it again then".

RE: Fedora + Phosh for PinePhone - kaeptnkrunch - 03-31-2020

I had also a bit of problems with uncompress of this image. The developer should use another file compression instead of zst.

RE: Fedora + Phosh for PinePhone - nationalicon - 04-04-2020

I also had issues decompressing and flashing the image to sdcard, but I managed to get it working:

1. Install and use zstd to decompress image:
Code:
zstd -d fedora-rawhide-aarch64-mobile-04.img.zst

2. Use balenaEtcher to flash image to sdcard

I tried using dd to flash the image multiple times, but the sd card wouldn't boot. I flashed using balenaEtcher, and it booted just fine. I'm not sure why, though. I usually use dd, and don't typically bother with graphical image burning software.

RE: Fedora + Phosh for PinePhone - Concrete_panda - 04-05-2020

My first attempt to flash Fedora also failed. I then flashed it with the Fedora Media Writer tool, that worked very well.

RE: Fedora + Phosh for PinePhone - njha - 04-15-2020

Just a quick update- as you may have noticed, progress has been stalled for a few weeks.

That's because we're moving from...
- the custom COPR repository
- manually starting the kernel
- Megi's 5.6 kernel

To...
- the upstream Fedora 33 repository
- EFI boot (with GRUB! just like your desktop!)
- upstream 5.7 kernel with selected (still necessary) patches

Currently, almost all the packages we need are in Fedora 33, and I have a working kernel build. Once EFI is figured out, I should have another image uploaded.

RE: Fedora + Phosh for PinePhone - bcnaz - 04-15-2020

(04-15-2020, 04:37 PM)njha Wrote: Just a quick update- as you may have noticed, progress has been stalled for a few weeks.

That's because we're moving from...
- the custom COPR repository
- manually starting the kernel
- Megi's 5.6 kernel

To...
- the upstream Fedora 33 repository
- EFI boot (with GRUB! just like your desktop!)
- upstream 5.7 kernel with selected (still necessary) patches

Currently, almost all the packages we need are in Fedora 33, and I have a working kernel build. Once EFI is figured out, I should have another image uploaded.
I look  forward to your next release,
but
I hope that will be an easier to work/flash download file ?

RE: Fedora + Phosh for PinePhone - djselbeck - 04-17-2020

Thanks for the work. Awesome, I use Fedora for all my systems and look forward to use it on the phone. I might start assisting in the future if my spare-time allows