PINE64
Did you have to pay import tax and how much was it? - Printable Version

+- PINE64 (https://forum.pine64.org)
+-- Forum: PinePhone (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=120)
+--- Forum: General Discussion on PinePhone (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=127)
+--- Thread: Did you have to pay import tax and how much was it? (/showthread.php?tid=9055)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

RE: Did you have to pay import tax and how much was it? - FutureBucket - 02-21-2020

(02-07-2020, 04:16 AM)Luke Wrote: Thank you all for getting a PinePhone BH. With the release of this early adopters version of the PinePhone we've also taken the opportunity to try out a new shipping method. There are a a number of upsides and drawbacks to this shipping method - which I've listed in the January community update - but shipping cost is probably the most notable positive.

So, then, I (and likely other end-users) would like to find out how many of you were asked to pay import tax on your PinePhone? In the comments feel free to include other relevant info such as country, amount paid, etc.
Thanks

@Luke 

I haven't received it yet but I thought you might like to know I got a letter from our Border Services asking for proof.

I'd also like to say that I'd prefer UPS or even just the normal HK post.

.jpg   letter.jpg (Size: 463.39 KB / Downloads: 339)

RE: Did you have to pay import tax and how much was it? - El_Quentinator - 02-21-2020

(02-21-2020, 09:06 PM)FutureBucket Wrote:
(02-07-2020, 04:16 AM)Luke Wrote: Thank you all for getting a PinePhone BH. With the release of this early adopters version of the PinePhone we've also taken the opportunity to try out a new shipping method. There are a a number of upsides and drawbacks to this shipping method - which I've listed in the January community update - but shipping cost is probably the most notable positive.

So, then, I (and likely other end-users) would like to find out how many of you were asked to pay import tax on your PinePhone? In the comments feel free to include other relevant info such as country, amount paid, etc.
Thanks

@Luke 

I haven't received it yet but I thought you might like to know I got a letter from our Border Services asking for proof.

I'd also like to say that I'd prefer UPS or even just the normal HK post.

I just received the exact same letter today, and also share the same feeling that I would have preferred paying more for a more reliable way to receive it.

RE: Did you have to pay import tax and how much was it? - Rocky - 02-22-2020

Well my BraveHeart phone is confiscated by Customs and Border Security.
They demanded documentation of  invoice, or credit card, or Paypal be sent to them. I'm located in Canada. 
Being that I'm not rich by any means I sent them the Pine64 documentation invoice which doesn't display country currency just $149.99
Anyways I'll have to see how much longer shipment shall be delayed.
Probably will be another month wait while they decide what I owe on import taxes and duties.

signed bummer!

RE: Did you have to pay import tax and how much was it? - Luke - 02-22-2020

Looks like Canadian customs are being a bit difficult ... this is, frankly speaking, unexpected. Thanks for the heads-up; I'll be in touch regarding this issue.

RE: Did you have to pay import tax and how much was it? - fallstar - 02-23-2020

I didn't have to pay any tax in France.

RE: Did you have to pay import tax and how much was it? - Foxchild - 02-24-2020

@Luke
Since the austrian customs couldn't get any information from pine64 they now sent a letter to me (3 weeks later). Now I have to proof what the phone's cost really is. THis is a really tedious procedure don't you think?

RE: Did you have to pay import tax and how much was it? - Luke - 02-24-2020

(02-24-2020, 05:20 AM)Foxchild Wrote: @Luke
Since the austrian customs couldn't get any information from pine64 they now sent a letter to me (3 weeks later). Now I have to proof what the phone's cost really is. THis is a really tedious procedure don't you think?

Ah sorry to hear. Please email sales@pine64.org - they'll sort you out.

RE: Did you have to pay import tax and how much was it? - harvey186 - 02-24-2020

My shipment was for 4 log weeks in customs, because there was no invoice outside of the package.

And I have to pay 29,70 Euro tax and 10 Euro post handling.

RE: Did you have to pay import tax and how much was it? - FutureBucket - 02-25-2020

Canada.

Package says $25USD gift. CBSA valued it at $197.04CAD after I mailed them proof of purchase. Without doing this they would have sent it back to pine64.

GST/HST = $25.62
Handling fee = $9.95

total = $35.57 CAD

in the end, I have my pinePhone!!

RE: Did you have to pay import tax and how much was it? - Rocky - 02-28-2020

@FutureBucket

At least we didn't have to pay duties on PinePhone.
Only sales tax (HST) for Canadian dollar-value (exchange rate).
For me it was $35.62 total with handling fee.
I call this the Trudeau tax   Big Grin   .... at least somebody wins
something like a lottery!