PINE64
Did you have to pay import tax and how much was it? - Printable Version

+- PINE64 (https://forum.pine64.org)
+-- Forum: PinePhone (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=120)
+--- Forum: General Discussion on PinePhone (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=127)
+--- Thread: Did you have to pay import tax and how much was it? (/showthread.php?tid=9055)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

RE: Did you have to pay import tax and how much was it? - Cree - 07-25-2020

Canada $27.

Funny.... as per Canada's usual incoherence and the Gov't randomly charging people whatever they want it seems all of us in canada got charged completely different amounts, if at all. Almost like how they handled my girlfriend's visa application and her taxes.

RE: Did you have to pay import tax and how much was it? - Sciancisco - 08-31-2020

Customs fee 56.55$ for DHL shipping PinePhone PMOS Convergence package to Canada.

It is kind of a coin flip for Canada.

RE: Did you have to pay import tax and how much was it? - Potts - 09-03-2020

Canada about 46.00 in Sask.

RE: Did you have to pay import tax and how much was it? - beers - 09-05-2020

Japan
2200yen/21us$
Received 1 week after shipping

RE: Did you have to pay import tax and how much was it? - publiclewdness - 09-11-2020

I just received my PineTab and PinePhone Convergence in the last few days. I paid customs fees of $39.05 CAD on the PineTab and $52.69 CAD on the PinePhone Convergence. Using the old cheapo shipping on the Braveheart I paid no customs fees but they also told customs the value of the phone was $25. In any case seeing as from the time the devices shipped from Hong Kong to my doorstep was literally 3-4 business days vs the 3 months on the Braveheart using the cheapo courier the extra cost was well worth it from DHL. I'm in Canada for reference.

RE: Did you have to pay import tax and how much was it? - zetabeta - 09-16-2020

pinephone postmarketos convergence package:
original price 199.99 us$
shipping 19.99 us$ (eu shipping to finland)
vat tax to finland (24%) 48 us$
total 267.98 us$
(vat tax was taxed at the first payment)

bank account in euros, it was charged 241.01 € at 1.1119 exchange ratio.

there wasn't vat for shipping, is that legal? still no problems with customs, it was expected because from poland to finland.

it was possible to order using paypal without paypal account, but some catches were needed to proceed, most likely de-selecting paypal money exchange quarantee policy (or something like that).

RE: Did you have to pay import tax and how much was it? - Paulie420 - 09-16-2020

In the United States of America, Portland, Oregon to be exact, there was no import tax or duties whatsoever.

In fact, I simply ordered a Pinebook Pro on a Friday and had it delivered about 9 days later to my doorstep.

It was supposed to take an additional 3 days, but arrived early. I was very happy with the speed of delivery, knowing that it shipped from China.

pAULIE42o
.  .  .  .  .  .  .  .
/s

RE: Did you have to pay import tax and how much was it? - bujiraso - 09-16-2020

Canada and -- yeah, like others said DHL charged a seemingly random (when compared to others here) $58.27

RE: Did you have to pay import tax and how much was it? - zetabeta - 09-16-2020

(09-16-2020, 04:19 PM)bujiraso Wrote: Canada and -- yeah, like others said DHL charged a seemingly random (when compared to others here) $58.27
weird, i had good experience with dhl, and i was able to choose static pre-definded pick-up location or home delivery. i picked pick-up. no additional charges. how many work during shipment hours anyway?

RE: Did you have to pay import tax and how much was it? - alxtrnr - 09-17-2020

No import tax charged. SE England. Received on the 16/09/2020.