PINE64
debian+phosh running on PinePhone - Printable Version

+- PINE64 (https://forum.pine64.org)
+-- Forum: PinePhone (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=120)
+--- Forum: PinePhone Software (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=121)
+---- Forum: Mobian on PinePhone (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=139)
+---- Thread: debian+phosh running on PinePhone (/showthread.php?tid=9016)

RE: debian+phosh running on PinePhone - a-wai - 03-29-2020

(03-29-2020, 11:34 AM)fpb4 Wrote: Boots, stands by a perfectly visible lock screen, unlock, diplays phosh GUI for a couple seconds and dims to a dark screen
Slowly "dims" ?
What's the content of /sys/devices/platform/soc/1c2b000.i2c/i2c-1/1-0048/iio:device1/in_proximity_raw ?
And what happens if you delete file /etc/udev/rules.d/10-proximity.rules ?

RE: debian+phosh running on PinePhone - nas - 03-29-2020

I haven't updated for about a week but this might be relevant:: if you place your hand over the top of the phone, it slowly dims to black (unresponsive to keyboard/touch while it's happening) until you remove your hand. Overzealous light sensor setup?

RE: debian+phosh running on PinePhone - murak - 03-29-2020

(03-29-2020, 12:38 PM)nas Wrote: I haven't updated for about a week but this might be relevant:: if you place your hand over the top of the phone, it slowly dims to black (unresponsive to keyboard/touch while it's happening) until you remove your hand. Overzealous light sensor setup?

Interesting, I´ll try to reproduce later. If the lightsensor already is working and makes the touchscreen unresponsive,  then making it active only during calls should not be far away.

RE: debian+phosh running on PinePhone - fpb4 - 03-29-2020

(03-29-2020, 12:15 PM)a-wai Wrote:
(03-29-2020, 11:34 AM)fpb4 Wrote: Boots, stands by a perfectly visible lock screen, unlock, diplays phosh GUI for a couple seconds and dims to a dark screen
Slowly "dims" ?
What's the content of /sys/devices/platform/soc/1c2b000.i2c/i2c-1/1-0048/iio:device1/in_proximity_raw ?
And what happens if you delete file /etc/udev/rules.d/10-proximity.rules ?

Removing the udev rule did the trick - cheers!
Couldn't get in_proximity_raw initial value, but once booted without the rule it's set to 2443.

RE: debian+phosh running on PinePhone - bcnaz - 03-29-2020

(03-28-2020, 10:52 AM)buffer Wrote: dd should work just as good as etcher.

Has anyone tried earbuds with the built-in microphone? That's all I have, I don't have a headset and I was wondering if it works on images:

1) pre-March 22
2) March 22 or later

Waiting for Monday so I can try a usable image.

BTW I think @bcnaz seems to imply he's been running apt update, I'm installing image from dd every single time.

Nope :  where did you read that ?

Fresh Download & install with each 'new release'   or  re-Flash/& reinstall if I Bork the OS... 
  ( I am using Balena Etcher exclusively)

>  I did have a problem when I "attempted" to do the update recently. <

RE: debian+phosh running on PinePhone - bcnaz - 03-29-2020

Quick overview of Sunday March 29, 2020 release :

So phone calls out and receives calls,  very good audio, enough volume even for me.
       (My hearing is not great)
 Sending and receiving text messages.

I have not tested the contact book on this release yet,   ( I will be trying that shortly )

The wifi works "out of the box"

The addition of Firefox ESR is a nice step,  it could use a little fine tuning on the scaling.

My data is still not working, but I suspect I have a sim card problem there,  still waiting on the new replacement one
   being shipped by AT&T....

I ran the the update(s) as notified by 'Software'  that went smooth.

** >  SURPRISE  the speaker phone function is working !  Nice,  but,  that could use a bit more volume there.

Thank You for all your efforts  !!!

RE: debian+phosh running on PinePhone - bcnaz - 03-30-2020

Aww,

Contact book appears to be non-functioning  ?
tried un-installing and reinstalling,  no difference..?

Edit :
Soo, I can recieve text and reply to text messages, BUT I cannot use the contact book..!

There for I cannot label who they are from, just the phone number appears...

I CANNOT originate any texts !

RE: debian+phosh running on PinePhone - RMJ250 - 03-30-2020

Yup love how this is developing, but I still think there is a bug in connecting Nextcloud accounts. I went back to debian-pinephone-20200309.img.gz  Once I had set up the account, when I go to contacts I am given the option to use the Nextcloud account and when I go to the Calendar the Nextcloud Calendars are already there,

J

debian+phosh running on PinePhone - ivanB1975 - 03-30-2020

Yes I can confirm the same. Nextcloud contacts are not present

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: debian+phosh running on PinePhone - Luke - 03-30-2020

@a-wai and everyone else, I kinda figure out how to have Firefox emulate mobile mode. Hamburger menu -> developer tools -> responsive design mode:

From here, the first drop-down on the left -> iPhone 6/7/8 Plus.