PINE64
debian+phosh running on PinePhone - Printable Version

+- PINE64 (https://forum.pine64.org)
+-- Forum: PinePhone (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=120)
+--- Forum: PinePhone Software (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=121)
+---- Forum: Mobian on PinePhone (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=139)
+---- Thread: debian+phosh running on PinePhone (/showthread.php?tid=9016)

RE: debian+phosh running on PinePhone - buffer - 03-19-2020

(03-19-2020, 05:40 AM)vinnie Wrote: - the calls work both outgoing and incoming, the audioo is not perfect (but I had launched an AT command with pmos and probably have to launch another one to compress the audio less)
- I can switch between the two speakers during the call
Oh wow, during calls the other person cannot hear me but I can hear them. I can't figure out why! Huh
Did you have to configure anything first? Did they work out of the box?
Did you build the image or download a premade one (if premade, which one?). I would like to know so I can have a phone that has bare minimum functionality. Thanks! Heart

(03-19-2020, 09:29 AM)buskmann Wrote:
(03-18-2020, 03:10 PM)buffer Wrote: tbh it's easier to use Jumpdrive after you build the image on a computer

Do you mean building the image to be the exact size of the drive?

I used Jumpdrive to flash it to the phones internal storage, and the partition is alot smaller then the drive:

NAME         MAJ:MIN RM  SIZE RO TYPE MOUNTPOINT
mmcblk2      179:0    0 14.7G  0 disk
`-mmcblk2p1  179:1    0  3.7G  0 part /
mmcblk2boot0 179:32   0    4M  1 disk
mmcblk2boot1 179:64   0    4M  1 disk
Lol I just barely managed to type that tiny reply on my pinephone from within Firefox, and got tired...
I'm not sure about the keyboard layout question but I meant building the image on any laptop or desktop instead of on your PinePhone
As for the other errors, you can do <code>apt-cache search sfdisk</code>, and try installing what comes up, maybe you don't have fdisk installed. I know it shows sfdisk which is weird but on my Debian Buster I was able to do it.
Did you run sudo growpart? You'll need sudo for that.
In any case someone has added to the wiki, a much better method: https://wiki.pine64.org/index.php/PinePhone_Software_Release#Resize_partition_to_fit_disk_space
Hohoho, time for me to rebuild and resize with the cleaner method. Just in case I )$*$*ed anything up that way.

RE: debian+phosh running on PinePhone - buskmann - 03-20-2020

[/quote]
Did you run sudo growpart? You'll need sudo for that.
[/quote]

Well this is starting to be a bit embarrassing.. Sudo was the solution. Haha..
Thanks a lot for the help! Big Grin

RE: debian+phosh running on PinePhone - rico - 03-20-2020

About hotspot :

I'm still working on, i had a kernel issue.
a-wai explained how fixing this (thanks again)

Current hotspot needs iptables and dnsmasq, we'll add this when everythings gonna be ok.

Work In Progress.

RE: debian+phosh running on PinePhone - dukla2000 - 03-20-2020

(03-19-2020, 05:40 AM)vinnie Wrote: ...

Trouble:
- mobile data not working, if I activate the switch the call signal goes away too (do I have to give some command at to activate the modem?)

It seems to me mobile data stability has regressed significantly. I am virtually unable to get it to work myself now whereas a week or so ago it just worked out of the box from Settings. Now disabling WiFi (which is useful to establish if mobile data is working) means the phone has a tendency to enable Airplane mode - you have to keep checking that is not the case.

Something else I have noticed is that 1 of my SIMs (3 UK) seems to have onboard APN definitions and is more likely to work. The other (Virgin UK) does not so I can define goto.virginmobile.uk as the APN but it seems to be less happy to actually try connect for mobile data.

I am not sure if this is something about power saving on the modem - my display spends a lot more time showing 3G connection (despite the fact I can throw a stone at a 4G mast!) Forcing the network selection to 4G seems to keep the display (top status line) consistently on 4G even when there is no connection!

I struggle to define when and what things went backwards as the SIM I mostly have in my PP does not consistently have any data allowance.

At the moment my best guess is the root cause is disabling WiFi is not handled gracefully: if I enable WiFi the mobile data status seems stable and as expected but of course can not be tested!

Code:
~$ ip a
1: lo: <LOOPBACK,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 65536 qdisc noqueue state UNKNOWN group default qlen 1000
2: wlan0: <BROADCAST,MULTICAST,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 1500 qdisc mq state UP group default qlen 1000
      valid_lft forever preferred_lft forever
3: wwan0: <POINTOPOINT,MULTICAST,NOARP,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 1500 qdisc pfifo_fast state UNKNOWN group default qlen 1000
   link/none
   inet 10.101.207.56/28 brd 10.101.207.63 scope global noprefixroute wwan0
      valid_lft forever preferred_lft forever
PS - it seems if I start with WiFi enabled, setup mobile data, then disable WiFi, mobile data works fine until I reboot.

RE: debian+phosh running on PinePhone - bcnaz - 03-20-2020

Would it be OK  to install Synaptic ?

RE: debian+phosh running on PinePhone - dukla2000 - 03-20-2020

(03-20-2020, 03:57 PM)bcnaz Wrote:   Would it be OK  to install Synaptic ?

You can install it, but it wont run on Wayland Big Grin

(03-20-2020, 04:26 PM)dukla2000 Wrote:
(03-20-2020, 03:57 PM)bcnaz Wrote:   Would it be OK  to install Synaptic ?

You can install it, but it wont run on Wayland Big Grin

AWW !

I am Disappointed.

but,  Thanks for the response

RE: debian+phosh running on PinePhone - Zweitaktmotor - 03-20-2020

I installed MATE desktop and would like to try it. But what command do I need to switch from PHOSH to MATE?

Many thanks.

Are you using auto-log-in ?
Seems to me when using GUI, you can make the choice at the log-in screen ... ?

RE: debian+phosh running on PinePhone - Zweitaktmotor - 03-20-2020

(03-20-2020, 05:27 PM)bcnaz Wrote: Are you using auto-log-in ?
Seems to me when using GUI, you can make the choice at the log-in screen ...  ?

In Settings, "Automatic Login" is greyed out and cannot be enabled (unless there is an unlock button somewheree off the screen).