PINE64
Kickstarter IS NOT A STORE!!! (just my 2 cents) - Printable Version

+- PINE64 (https://forum.pine64.org)
+-- Forum: PINE A64(+) (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General Discussion on PINE A64(+) (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Kickstarter IS NOT A STORE!!! (just my 2 cents) (/showthread.php?tid=891)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Kickstarter IS NOT A STORE!!! (just my 2 cents) - Darkover - 05-03-2016

I think the problem is that everyone "use" the software, but Pine project is hardware. Pine board is just a lego toy, they manage assembly. Backers were expecting software functionality, which is in my case limited to zero for now.

RE: Kickstarter IS NOT A STORE!!! (just my 2 cents) - Luke - 05-03-2016

(05-03-2016, 02:23 AM)Darkover Wrote: I think the problem is that everyone "use" the software, but Pine project is hardware. Pine board is just a lego toy, they manage assembly. Backers were expecting software functionality, which is in my case limited to zero for now.

I don't necessarily want to see this turn into another 'support thread' but I'll bite.  What are you having issues with ?

RE: Kickstarter IS NOT A STORE!!! (just my 2 cents) - pine.tree - 05-03-2016

I don't fully agree with the part about us not giving warranties on these boards- we will do our best, it may take some time, but 75% of the time you'll get a replacement board if you genuinely have a dead board.

(05-03-2016, 03:30 AM)Luke Wrote: I don't necessarily want to see this turn into another 'support thread' but I'll bite.  What are you having issues with ?

I've done my best before pledging to KS and gathered all informations. Still I'm stuck because I have 2x TN 1050p monitors which do fine (as the 3 gamers use them, we prefer low G2G ratio). Using my 107cm HDTV isn't practical and the image is overflowing TV's borders.

I don't want to buy new HD monitor just because I bought WSXGA+ standard in 2008. Now it's part of the next upgrade (switch to HD standard), I know it's my problem that I assumed it will be "plug anything in your home and play".

What i recommend is to use your large TV to install a VNC server on the Pine64, and have it autorun when you turn the Pine64 on. That way, you could use a VNC viewer to get the Pine64's video output on your network, and control it through your existing desktop computers.

RE: Kickstarter IS NOT A STORE!!! (just my 2 cents) - rhkean - 05-03-2016

(05-03-2016, 06:47 AM)pine.tree Wrote: I don't fully agree with the part about us not giving warranties on these boards- we will do our best, it may take some time, but 75% of the time you'll get a replacement board if you genuinely have a dead board.

yeah, that part of my OP was probably a bit over the top... I tried to clarify (within my rant), but was more focused on getting my point across that this was not a product purchase and people should stop reacting as such.

I was getting frustrated with having to sift through all the "I can get my pine64 to do <a thing>. I want a refund" posts.

I get what you mean- we won't give any refunds on backers, as the nature of a Kickstarter is not a product, but your donation support for a new project. Backers need to understand this.

(05-03-2016, 08:09 AM)pine.tree Wrote: What i recommend is to use your large TV to install a VNC server on the Pine64, and have it autorun when you turn the Pine64 on. That way, you could use a VNC viewer to get the Pine64's video output on your network, and control it through your existing desktop computers.

Point taken.

RE: Kickstarter IS NOT A STORE!!! (just my 2 cents) - Pepe - 05-28-2016

How long is length of warranty when we bought it from kickstarter or from your shop?

RE: Kickstarter IS NOT A STORE!!! (just my 2 cents) - dkryder - 05-28-2016

what about the pine64 that were aquired post campaign and whose owners do not get backers updates nor have backer numbers? i think they are called pre-orders, the historical reference of such being folks that buy a product before that product officially goes on sale but who hold purchaser rights of the product.