PINE64
Confused about shipping/tracking information - Printable Version

+- PINE64 (https://forum.pine64.org)
+-- Forum: PinePhone (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=120)
+--- Forum: General Discussion on PinePhone (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=127)
+--- Thread: Confused about shipping/tracking information (/showthread.php?tid=8886)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

RE: Confused about shipping/tracking information - Leiaz - 01-28-2020

I'm in France, I got mine yesterday morning (the 27).
I got the Pine Store email with the tracking number on 20 January, it was marked as arrived in Roissy the 24, so likely by plane not ship.
When I noticed Asendia was related to french La Poste, I added the tracking number to my La Poste account in the hope to get more precise delivery time. Packages often get "stuck" in a nearby town for a day before they are actually delivered around here, even for "48 hour delivery" inside France, so I was surprised but the package was in my mailbox before I got any notification.

RE: Confused about shipping/tracking information - FutureBucket - 01-28-2020

Ohhh! Très bien! Merci.

I guess mine is either on its way to Canada or already here. I really cant wait.

RE: Confused about shipping/tracking information - pinerokc - 01-28-2020

(01-28-2020, 04:13 AM)dukla2000 Wrote:
(01-27-2020, 09:44 PM)pinerokc Wrote: Is that "long silence" to be expected?

Yes.

Your Brave Heart phone is on a ship from Hong Kong to wherever and it is to be expected that it takes 7-14 days before your ship gets wherever it is going.

If you put your tracking number into Asendia's tracking page you will get much more sense: in my case:
1) At 3:07 AM on 18 Jan Pine (in fact Syabas) told Asendia in Hong Kong to expect a package with my name on it
2) At 5:30 AM on 20 Jan Asendia actually collected the package
3) At 4:14PM on Jan 20 it was passed to the freight/ship operator

All times are probably Swiss. Switzerland is relevant as Asendia is a joint venture between Swiss and French postal companies. This is quite useful for a couple of reasons:
1) They are willing and able to transport Lithium batteries
2) They provide a cheaper alternative to DHL (up till now used by Pine), at the expense of elapsed time.
3) They assign a Swiss tracking code (the CH on the end of your number, put Confederation Helvetica into DuckDuckGo) and so Royal Mail, who will actually hand my package to me in England, think it comes from Switzerland.

For completeness at 07:17 AM (GMT) on 20 Jan I got an email from the Pine Store advising my order had been shipped with the tracking code.
And at 10:50AM GMT) on 20 Jan Royal Mail sent me an SMS to advise they were gearing up to receive and deliver my package as clearly Asendia had also sent them advance notice.
Asendia got my email address from my PayPal account because that is how I paid, similarly they passed the mobile number in my Paypal account to Royal Mail which is how Royal Mail could send me an SMS. If your contact details in your PayPal account are inaccurate or incomplete then that may explain absent emails etc!
Thanks for the explanation and Asendia site link.  I used that with my emailed tracking number, and all it shows is leaving Hong Kong, but not the arrival in Switzerland that my initial link from 17Track showed. 

Oh well; guess I have to wait for it to catch the reincarnated Titanic, or Hindenburg for air mail, to cross the Atlantic...
;-}

RE: Confused about shipping/tracking information - appdev46 - 01-29-2020

US destination country for mine and it just “Arrived in transit country”.

Guessing the ship is here!

RE: Confused about shipping/tracking information - pinerokc - 01-29-2020

(01-29-2020, 06:29 AM)appdev46 Wrote: US destination country for mine and it just “Arrived in transit country”.  

How did you find out?

--
TIA

(01-29-2020, 11:27 AM)pinerokc Wrote:
(01-29-2020, 06:29 AM)appdev46 Wrote: US destination country for mine and it just “Arrived in transit country”.  

How did you find out?

--
TIA

The tracking information was updated.

RE: Confused about shipping/tracking information - pinerokc - 01-29-2020

(01-29-2020, 11:45 AM)appdev46 Wrote:

How did you find out?

--
TIA

On which site - 17track, Asendia (which country if so), or USPS?

17Track has an update as of today:
    1:53   Genève 2 Letter Transit, Arrived in transit country

Is "transit country"  US for us in the USA?

I put the Asendia tracking number in the USPS site tracking, and got:
  Acceptance
  SWITZERLAND
With the Jan 20 date, and "in transit" status

Confusing indeed...
--
TIA

(01-29-2020, 12:09 PM)pinerokc Wrote:

How did you find out?

--
TIA

Acceptance
  SWITZERLAND

Confusing indeed...
--
TIA

I am making a huge assumption. 

There has been 9 days between my tracking information saying "The consignment has left the origin border point" and "Arrived in transit country". 

My assumption is that the 9 days the phone was sitting on a boat and is now in the US.  That could be totally wrong.

RE: Confused about shipping/tracking information - appdev46 - 01-30-2020

(01-29-2020, 02:51 PM)appdev46 Wrote:
(01-29-2020, 12:09 PM)pinerokc Wrote:

How did you find out?

--
TIA

Acceptance
  SWITZERLAND

Confusing indeed...
--
TIA

I am making a huge assumption. 

There has been 9 days between my tracking information saying "The consignment has left the origin border point" and "Arrived in transit country". 

My assumption is that the 9 days the phone was sitting on a boat and is now in the US.  That could be totally wrong.

It looks like I was completely wrong in my assumption.  Now it appears it is preparing to ship from Switzerland. 

I have no idea where it was sitting for the 9 days of inactive tracking activity.  Crazy!

RE: Confused about shipping/tracking information - pinerokc - 01-30-2020

I am coming to think the "transit" country is Switzerland, and that it has been 10 days (so far) since the bulk shipment from Hong Kong arrived there.  It would make sense for the bulk shipment to then be broken down there into "bundles" of phones for separate countries to be sent to the postal/delivery services used in the respective countries.

My overnight update from the USPS in the US had this tracking info:

"Origin Post is Preparing Shipment
We have received notice that the originating post is preparing to dispatch this mail piece.
January 30, 2020, 9:10 am
Depart From Transit Office of Exchange
January 20, 2020, 9:36 am
Acceptance
SWITZERLAND"

And that seems corroborated by this latest update from Asendia's tracking:

"Jan 30, 2020 9:10 AM In transit GEVEVE 2 LETTERS TRANSIT"

I am guessing that "GEVEVE 2 LETTERS TRANSIT" is the notice(s) to the receiving delivery/postal service in the  destination country? Further guessing that the 2 "letters" indicate that 2 phones are being sent to the US, one for me, and the other for APPDEV46 ;-)

So it seems that just now shipping batches per country are about to be sent out of the Switzerland "transit" hub - maybe even today (Swiss time).

That's my hope now...