PINE64
postmarketOS/Alpine edge image for the Pinebook Pro - Printable Version

+- PINE64 (https://forum.pine64.org)
+-- Forum: Pinebook Pro (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+--- Forum: Linux on Pinebook Pro (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=114)
+--- Thread: postmarketOS/Alpine edge image for the Pinebook Pro (/showthread.php?tid=8793)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: postmarketOS/Alpine edge image for the Pinebook Pro - MartijnBraam - 04-29-2020

You should not have an alsa.conf (or asound.state) file to make audio work. it uses alsa UCM to set up the mixer. what profiles do you see in the last tab of pavucontrol?

RE: postmarketOS/Alpine edge image for the Pinebook Pro - digeratus1. - 04-29-2020

(04-29-2020, 01:32 AM)MartijnBraam Wrote: You should not have an alsa.conf (or asound.state) file to make audio work. it uses alsa UCM to set up the mixer. what profiles do you see in the last tab of pavucontrol?
Take a look...

RE: postmarketOS/Alpine edge image for the Pinebook Pro - MartijnBraam - 04-29-2020

It's actually the last tab in pavucontrol. It should list the option in the attachment. If that option is not there then somehow it's not loading UCM

RE: postmarketOS/Alpine edge image for the Pinebook Pro - digeratus1. - 04-29-2020

(04-29-2020, 02:29 PM)MartijnBraam Wrote: It's actually the last tab in pavucontrol. It should list the option in the attachment. If that option is not there then somehow it's not loading UCM

Sorry about that. Missed that tab. Yes, looks your like your screenshot. "Play high quality music". I'm going to toggle it off and on to see if it has any effect.

RE: postmarketOS/Alpine edge image for the Pinebook Pro - digeratus1. - 05-05-2020

(04-29-2020, 03:06 PM)digeratus1. Wrote:
(04-29-2020, 02:29 PM)MartijnBraam Wrote: It's actually the last tab in pavucontrol. It should list the option in the attachment. If that option is not there then somehow it's not loading UCM

Sorry about that. Missed that tab. Yes, looks your like your screenshot. "Play high quality music". I'm going to toggle it off and on to see if it has any effect.

@MartijnBraam is there anything else I can do to get sound to work? I even reinstalled to make sure I didn't do something wrong before but it's still not working. Once I get this working I think I can install this on my EMMC.

RE: postmarketOS/Alpine edge image for the Pinebook Pro - piner - 05-05-2020

How to enable bluetooth in GNOME3?

I'm using the default GNOME3 image from March 2020. I upgraded (-a) to kernel 5.6 and have newest packages as of today. When I try to enable bluetooth in gnome-control-center, it remains disabled when option is reopened. There is no /var/log/syslog and dmesg doesn't show anything related. Below is what I got from GNOME when I ran settings with --verbose:

Code:
         Bluetooth:  WARNING: Failed to register object: An object is already exported for the interface org.bluez.Agent1 at /org/gnome/bluetooth/settings
         Bluetooth:    DEBUG: Default adapter changed to: (none)
cc-object-storage:    DEBUG: Creating D-Bus proxy for CcObjectStorage::dbus-proxy(org.gnome.SettingsDaemon.Rfkill,/org/gnome/SettingsDaemon/Rfkill,org.gnome.SettingsDaemon.Rfkill)
cc-object-storage:    DEBUG: Creating D-Bus proxy for CcObjectStorage::dbus-proxy(org.gnome.SettingsDaemon.Rfkill,/org/gnome/SettingsDaemon/Rfkill,org.freedesktop.DBus.Properties)
bluetooth-cc-panel:    DEBUG: Updating airplane mode: BluetoothHasAirplaneMode 1, BluetoothHardwareAirplaneMode 0, BluetoothAirplaneMode 0, AirplaneMode 0
bluetooth-cc-panel:    DEBUG: Default adapter is unpowered, but should be available
         cc-window:    DEBUG: Time to open panel 'Bluetooth': 0.095388s
bluetooth-cc-panel:    DEBUG: Power switched to on

How can I debug this further? Did anyone got bluetooth working with PostmarketOS?

RE: postmarketOS/Alpine edge image for the Pinebook Pro - pmjohann - 05-22-2020

(05-05-2020, 07:52 PM)digeratus1. Wrote:

@MartijnBraam is there anything else I can do to get sound to work? I even reinstalled to make sure I didn't do something wrong before but it's still not working. Once I get this working I think I can install this on my EMMC.

I just dd'd it to my eMMC, now the pinebook boots fine from eMMC without SD card, but the keyboard and trackpad are both dead Sad
Tried to attach USB mouse, no luck either.
UPDATE: Now tried to reboot from SD card, same issue!
Maybe there was a hidden partition on the eMMC with built-in firmwares which I got overwritten?

Thanks!

RE: postmarketOS/Alpine edge image for the Pinebook Pro - digeratus1. - 05-23-2020

(05-22-2020, 02:14 AM)pmjohann Wrote:
(05-05-2020, 07:52 PM)digeratus1. Wrote:

I just dd'd it to my eMMC, now the pinebook boots fine from eMMC without SD card, but the keyboard and trackpad are both dead Sad
Tried to attach USB mouse, no luck either.
UPDATE: Now tried to reboot from SD card, same issue!
Maybe there was a hidden partition on the eMMC with built-in firmwares which I got overwritten?

Thanks!

I've been running postmarketOS exclusively since the end of March without issues. Well, one of issue - sound - but that was my fault. Are you using the default image from March? Also, had you already performed the trackpad firmware update to your PBP?

RE: postmarketOS/Alpine edge image for the Pinebook Pro - pmjohann - 05-24-2020

@digeratus1.

Hi, yes, I flashed the image from March to SD, booted from it, everything was fine. I replaced GNOME with i3, then dd'd the SD to eMMC.
Next I remove the SD and boot from eMMC, boots fine, trackpad + keyboard gone.
I tried to boot from SD again, but the trackpad and keyboard ceased to work there also.
I even tried attaching USB keyboard and mice since then, doesn't work either Sad

Any ideas?

Thank you!

RE: postmarketOS/Alpine edge image for the Pinebook Pro - pmjohann - 05-25-2020

(05-23-2020, 02:39 PM)digeratus1. Wrote: I've been running postmarketOS exclusively since the end of March without issues. Well, one of issue - sound - but that was my fault. Are you using the default image from March? Also, had you already performed the trackpad firmware update to your PBP?

Forgot to add that NO I did not perform any firmware updates previously