PINE64
postmarketOS/Alpine edge image for the Pinebook Pro - Printable Version

+- PINE64 (https://forum.pine64.org)
+-- Forum: Pinebook Pro (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+--- Forum: Linux on Pinebook Pro (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=114)
+--- Thread: postmarketOS/Alpine edge image for the Pinebook Pro (/showthread.php?tid=8793)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: postmarketOS/Alpine edge image for the Pinebook Pro - MartijnBraam - 01-30-2020

yeah the mesa-git package changed quite substantially in postmarketOS causing those issues, the issue is that the pinebook pro isn't merged yet in postmarketOS so the mesa-git package got updated but the device-pine64-pinebookpro package didn't because it isn't in master yet. I'll have to generate a new image to fix it.

RE: postmarketOS/Alpine edge image for the Pinebook Pro - dukla2000 - 01-31-2020

(01-17-2020, 09:02 AM)MartijnBraam Wrote: I hadn't tried it on eMMC yet, still have the debian build on that. I do have u-boot in the image but there's a pretty high chance that it's broken.

Tried this image on an SDcard on my RockPro64 and it didn't even try to boot, I guess because of this?

Tried pmbootstrap and it doesn't have either of the Pine64 RK3399 options (PBP or RP64) - not a train smash as I am just playing in anticipation of my PinePhone emerging from a black-hole Big Grin

RE: postmarketOS/Alpine edge image for the Pinebook Pro - slyecho - 01-31-2020

It was working for me pretty well on my Pinebook Pro. Everything was working great until I got stuff set up, which is a bit hard because you have to get WiFi working from the command line and iwconfig is not installed by default.

Only after I did an apk upgade --force it was broken because a bunch of stuff got uninstalled, things like the kernel Smile.

Waiting until there's a working image and the packages are in the repo too.

RE: postmarketOS/Alpine edge image for the Pinebook Pro - MartijnBraam - 02-02-2020

heh, yeah the current build isn't merged into postmarketOS yet so that makes a few things difficult.

For wifi you don't need to use iwconfig, it's running NetworkManager by default so you just do nmtui to get an ncurses interface to select a network.

RE: postmarketOS/Alpine edge image for the Pinebook Pro - patchedsoul - 02-07-2020

Apologies in advance for such a naive question. The image has '/' pretty much tapped out. How do I resize to fill my sdcard? Trying to install phosh fails due to running out of space. I've searched far and wide to no avail. Thanks in advance!

UPDATED - for anyone else, was pointed at: https://github.com/anarsoul/linux-build/blob/mainline/otherfiles/resize_rootfs.sh
just edit the partition to point to your rootfs (including the fdisk prompts!!)

RE: postmarketOS/Alpine edge image for the Pinebook Pro - pmjohann - 03-26-2020

Wow, I just tested the pine64-pinebookpro-20200319.img and I must say I am really impressed by the performance!
Tried the Manjaro 20.03 image prior to this one and I find postmarketOS far more superior.

My question is how could I build myself an image with just pure alpine? I mean no wm or anything, I want to build it up from scratch after flashing the image.

Also, I noticed in the previous comments that u-boot is not working yet, e.g. this can not be dd-d to the eMMC module. Could anyone make any progress regarding this?

Thank you guys, keep up the good work!

Thanks,
Johann

RE: postmarketOS/Alpine edge image for the Pinebook Pro - MartijnBraam - 04-01-2020

I think that the current version _can_ actually run from eMMC. I have a u-boot build that seems to work on the rockpro64 at least. If you want regular alpine then the easiest way currently is to take the postmarketOS build, remove all unneeded stuff from the /etc/apk/world file and then run apk fix

RE: postmarketOS/Alpine edge image for the Pinebook Pro - aptupdate - 04-05-2020

(04-01-2020, 05:20 AM)MartijnBraam Wrote: I think that the current version _can_ actually run from eMMC. I have a u-boot build that seems to work on the rockpro64 at least. If you want regular alpine then the easiest way currently is to take the postmarketOS build, remove all unneeded stuff from the /etc/apk/world file and then run apk fix

I have it running from eMMC. Best image i tried until now.
Thank you.

RE: postmarketOS/Alpine edge image for the Pinebook Pro - tuxfanou - 04-06-2020

Thank you so much for this impressive build. It work without any major problem, even on an old and slow sd card.
I don't really like Alpine for desktop, only for container but your release changed my mind.

I miss only sleep support (doesn't works at all for me) but I think it's because of kernel 5.5rc3.
I will wait for 5.6 or 5.7 before decide if I want to keep definitely postmarketOS on my PBP Smile

RE: postmarketOS/Alpine edge image for the Pinebook Pro - MartijnBraam - 04-06-2020

I'm working on the sleep support, I have a 5.6 kernel built locally that improves a few details. for sleep the current workaround is making it use s2idle instead of deep sleep.

You can do `echo s2idle | sudo tee /sys/power/mem_sleep` to set the default sleep mode to s2idle but it isn't persistent across reboots.