PINE64
Trackpad firmware update - Printable Version

+- PINE64 (https://forum.pine64.org)
+-- Forum: Pinebook Pro (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+--- Forum: General Discussion on Pinebook Pro (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: Trackpad firmware update (/showthread.php?tid=8407)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

RE: Trackpad firmware update - MatejSpindler - 11-22-2019

(11-22-2019, 12:27 PM)tsys Wrote: While the manual states that you should always restart from step-1 I did only step-2 again after rebooting. It worked for me, but no gurantees. I believe the update steps are somewhat independent once step-1 has completed but that is just an intuitive assumption I got from the log output.

Update worked on 4th try.

Everything is OK now. Ty for the help.

RE: Trackapad firmware update - josmo - 11-22-2019

track pad interrupt update , a heaven sent, thank you!

RE: Trackpad firmware update - Luke - 11-22-2019

(11-22-2019, 11:45 AM)tsys Wrote: Hi,

thanks a lot for the firmware update! Missed keyboard keystrokes and bad tracking from the touchpad where major pain points for me. 

Would it be possible to open source keyboard and touchpad firmware? I'd love to see this device become even more open  Smile

It will be in the future yes. Either we'll manage to convince the vendor or find another way.
That said, the vendor has been great at working with us to solve this situation, and we want to work with him further, so we rather not upset by pushing for something too rapidly.

RE: Trackpad firmware update - Solra Bizna - 11-22-2019

Updater worked first try. No more time travelling trackpad. No more dropped/held keys. I was able to type out an entire verse of the Modern Major General's Song without any [hardware-induced] typos, when previously I would hit problems within 40 keypresses or so. Wonderful!

RE: Trackpad firmware update - Nappael - 11-22-2019

Update worked first time, and seems to be much better. Been using it for a bit at work, and haven't come across any issues yet.

Thank you to everyone involved!

RE: Trackpad firmware update - Kicou - 11-22-2019

Just applied the update, worked perfectly!
Thank you so much!!! Smile

RE: Trackpad firmware update - zaius - 11-22-2019

I used an external mouse and USB keyboard, running Bionic-Mate off SD.

After step-1 it went back to the normal login. Then I used the mouse to open terminal from the desktop.  (Is there an external keyboard command to open the terminal?)

Then step-2 read command not found, so I tried

Code:
cd pinebook-pro-keyboard-updater
sudo ./updater step-2

then I got the success message  Smile

Now the trackpad and an external mouse both work at the same time.

The "-key, #-key, and @-key still don't work as labeled, but work as expected.  The pipe/backslash and tilde keys are still screwed up.  So there are still two keys that type < and >

RE: Trackpad firmware update - VRocker - 11-22-2019

Got mine updated and it seems much better straight away! Nice work guys!

I will point out though, that after step 1, my Pinebook made a high pitched squeal until step 2 was done. This persisted through the reboot. I'm just taking it as the Pinebook screaming with anticipation of its new firmware.

RE: Trackpad firmware update - ayufan - 11-22-2019

(11-22-2019, 02:30 PM)VRocker Wrote: Got mine updated and it seems much better straight away! Nice work guys!

I will point out though, that after step 1, my Pinebook made a high pitched squeal until step 2 was done. This persisted through the reboot. I'm just taking it as the Pinebook screaming with anticipation of its new firmware.

The same for me. I think that this is expected. The TP update firmware likely does bit-bang, which likely is the cause.

Anyway, the whole process is pretty resilient.

RE: Trackpad firmware update - tophneal - 11-22-2019

(11-22-2019, 02:42 PM)ayufan Wrote:
(11-22-2019, 02:30 PM)VRocker Wrote: Got mine updated and it seems much better straight away! Nice work guys!

The same for me. I think that this is expected. The TP update firmware likely does bit-bang, which likely is the cause.

Anyway, the whole process is pretty resilient.

@ayufan should this update be possible from a shell in your Chromium build, or should I boot up a Linux drive?