PINE64
Manjaro ARM 19.12 Official Release - PineBook Pro - Printable Version

+- PINE64 (https://forum.pine64.org)
+-- Forum: Pinebook Pro (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+--- Forum: Linux on Pinebook Pro (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=114)
+--- Thread: Manjaro ARM 19.12 Official Release - PineBook Pro (/showthread.php?tid=8248)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

RE: Manjaro - PineBook Pro - Preview Released - spikerguy - 01-12-2020

Who all are interested in this ?

https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=8756&pid=56369#pid56369

How many of you are planning to try this on Manjaro ?

RE: Manjaro - PineBook Pro - Preview Released - zaius - 01-12-2020

(01-12-2020, 05:56 AM)leibide Wrote: The Wikipedia page is good. Smile

*coughs*

Glad you like it, but It's the Pine Wiki.  

Wikipedia is a massively multiplayer online role-playing game for children with autism  Angel

Anyway, I need to find the time to go over it...

RE: Manjaro - PineBook Pro - Preview Released - agD0i7rY - 01-14-2020

It's really strange that I have the problem of creating SD only with the Manjaro image.
Yesterday, I tested the Ubuntus and no problem whatever the method.
I don't understand too much, I'll go read the Manjaro forum again.??

RE: Manjaro - PineBook Pro - Preview Released - PakoSt - 01-14-2020

@spikerguy could you update the name of the topic? It's been awhile since the official Manjaro ARM for the Pinebook Pro is no longer in Preview Smile

RE: Manjaro - PineBook Pro - Preview Released - jiyong - 01-14-2020

(01-14-2020, 04:30 AM)agD0i7rY Wrote: It's really strange that I have the problem of creating SD only with the Manjaro image.
Yesterday, I tested the Ubuntus and no problem whatever the method.
I don't understand too much, I'll go read the Manjaro forum again.??

Perhaps I'm asking the obvious, but when installing to SD, you used the image without emmc in the name?
I extracted the image and used DD to write the image (earlier preview version).

RE: Manjaro - PineBook Pro - Preview Released - agD0i7rY - 01-14-2020

Yes, this one.
Manjaro-ARM-xfce-pbpro-19.12.1.img

I'd have to check the integrity of the image.
I've downloaded from several computers, but you can never be too careful.
(He said after several attempts Rolleyes )

RE: Manjaro - PineBook Pro - Preview Released - leibide - 01-15-2020

(01-12-2020, 08:19 AM)tophneal Wrote: Did you get that preview image from the wiki? We need to update it if so.

To install for booting off SD, download a PBP image without 'emmc-installer- in the filename to your computer. Use dd or an app to burn the image to SD (i.e. Etcher.) After that you can insert the SD into the PBP and boot from it.

No, I didn't get that image from the wiki. The wiki has the very latest release (19.12.1). I got it by following the link to the Manjaro forum in the December newsletter. I must have clicked on an old link within that forum. I see that the Manjaro forum page you've shown here is excellent. I can choose an image meant specifically for installing to the emmc for instance. Anyway I'm now another happy Manjaro user.

RE: Manjaro ARM 19.12 Official Release - PineBook Pro - tophneal - 01-15-2020

Thanks for letting us know! It can be hard to keep track of information on th wiki, as the PBP develops. I'm glad you got it up and running!

RE: Manjaro ARM 19.12 Official Release - PineBook Pro - agD0i7rY - 01-19-2020

So I figured out where the problem was.
Somewhere between the chair and the keyboard, and also U-boot that hadn't been updated.
So once I got a better reading of the Wiki and some command lines... My Pbp starts on the SD Card with Manjaro.

A bit of shame and consternation, but I can test Manjaro Smile

RE: Manjaro ARM 19.12 Official Release - PineBook Pro - amiraeva - 01-19-2020

Long time lurker, first time poster.

Anyone get hardware accelerated mpv/ffmpeg/$VIDEO_PLAYER working on Manjaro? I've compiled the rockchip mpp drivers from github, and enabled rkmpp in an ffmpeg build - but I end up with seg faults from the mpp driver when trying to play any video with --hwdec=rkmpp in mpv. I can grab the specific error messages later when I have time. Could it be that the rockchip mpp drivers don't like panfrost/mesa-git that I have enabled?

With hardware accelerated video I can happily replace my Thinkpad with the PBP as my daily driver.