PINE64
Pinebook Pro Initial Impressions - Printable Version

+- PINE64 (https://forum.pine64.org)
+-- Forum: Pinebook Pro (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+--- Forum: General Discussion on Pinebook Pro (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: Pinebook Pro Initial Impressions (/showthread.php?tid=8024)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45

RE: Pinebook Pro Initial Impressions - User 6582 - 12-19-2019

(12-19-2019, 09:51 AM)GLSRacer Wrote: @rick1959, I am also sorry you feel that way. I have really enjoyed my PBP and while it isn't without flaws, I have actually learned a few things while getting everything I need up and running. It has been reliable enough my uses which are typically internet browsing, youtube, and remote management of my servers and VMs. I will be travelling for the holidays and I plan to leave my main Windows laptop at home and only take my PBP this time.

Hopefully you will find a use for it, if not then you could always sell it to someone on here. It seems like the PBPs that have gone up for sale have been sold pretty quickly.

You know it's LinuxRob that feels that way and not me? :-)

RE: Pinebook Pro Initial Impressions - Linux-Rob - 12-19-2019

To my opinion it's mainly the support dept that fails...

Completely...

Stating that fixed/dead pixels belong to lcd panels is WRONG!!!

RE: Pinebook Pro Initial Impressions - qchapter1 - 12-19-2019

(12-19-2019, 12:11 PM)Linux-Rob Wrote: To my opinion it's mainly the support dept that fails...

Completely...

Stating that fixed/dead pixels belong to lcd panels is WRONG!!!

I hear you.  Seems like a mismatch in expectations.  This is a mostly community supported product for hobbyists and developers, so some minor imperfections are expected.  For $200, there's nothing else out there that compares to the PBP.

RE: Pinebook Pro Initial Impressions - tophneal - 12-19-2019

Dead pixels have been a minor issue of all the Pinebooks, even on the very first batch. There is explicit wording on the Store page for all the current Pinebooks about this, and it's not new verbiage. I remember it being there when I order my 1080P. You should be upset with yourself, too, if you ordered without taking the disclaimer seriously.

It's in bright red, above the Add to Cart button:
"When fulfilling the purchase, please bear in mind that we are offering the Pinebook Pro at this price as a community service to PINE64, Linux and BSD communities. We make no profit from selling these units. If you think that a minor dissatisfaction, such as a dead pixel, will prompt you to file a PayPal dispute then please do not purchase the Pinebook Pro. Thank you."

(Emphasis mine.)

I agree with the reported response from the support team. You seem to have placed your order with misplaced expectations. Your screen problem, as you've described it so far, fits within the realms of this disclaimer. The complaint about the keyboard is laughable, too. It's a sub-$300 laptop.

RE: Pinebook Pro Initial Impressions - Linux-Rob - 12-19-2019

Yes, go ahead an bash the first to complain...

Confirms my opinion about the support...

You could accept any comments as a professional organisation and not attack the first unsatisfied customer...

RE: Pinebook Pro Initial Impressions - Kochise - 12-19-2019

Cool down, I can understand feeling ripped off is not pleasant, but the Pinebook Pro is already a steal, so it's not like you didn't know where you were going into.

The support is the forum and the chat, just interact with them and stop moaning like a hipster about regular clothing and shaved faces.

RE: Pinebook Pro Initial Impressions - GLSRacer - 12-19-2019

(12-19-2019, 10:03 AM)rick1959 Wrote:
(12-19-2019, 09:51 AM)GLSRacer Wrote: @rick1959, I am also sorry you feel that way. I have really enjoyed my PBP and while it isn't without flaws, I have actually learned a few things while getting everything I need up and running. It has been reliable enough my uses which are typically internet browsing, youtube, and remote management of my servers and VMs. I will be travelling for the holidays and I plan to leave my main Windows laptop at home and only take my PBP this time.

Hopefully you will find a use for it, if not then you could always sell it to someone on here. It seems like the PBPs that have gone up for sale have been sold pretty quickly.

@rick1959, sorry my bad.

RE: Pinebook Pro Initial Impressions - z4v4l - 12-19-2019

(12-19-2019, 12:55 PM)Linux-Rob Wrote: Yes, go ahead an bash the first to complain...

You could accept any comments as a professional organisation and not attack the first unsatisfied customer...
your opinion is trash, honestly. you've been told several times - it's project by enthusiasts for enthusiasts, with zero profit, it's for having fun with something new, experimenting, made with the intentions to be as affordable as possible, this is not for freebie lovers, seeking for something superb in quality but coming with almost nothing in price, still you keep not getting this and scream about dead pixel.

RE: Pinebook Pro Initial Impressions - tophneal - 12-19-2019

Quote:Linux-Rob Wrote:[url=https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?pid=55083#pid55083][/url]Yes, go ahead an bash the first to complain...

Yeah, I'm a volunteer moderator, not part of the official Pine Team, so I'm not part of that complaint. I'm just another user, like everyone else, but I agreed to help lend a hand on the forums.

@z4v4l  summed it up best, you're choosing to ignore where your concerns were already addressed, by Pine and community support.

RE: Pinebook Pro Initial Impressions - User 6582 - 12-19-2019

(12-19-2019, 02:05 PM)GLSRacer Wrote:
(12-19-2019, 10:03 AM)rick1959 Wrote:

@rick1959, sorry my bad.

No worries! Just trying to keep this unpleasantness straight :-)