PINE64
A (slight) shipping delay - an explenation + details - Printable Version

+- PINE64 (https://forum.pine64.org)
+-- Forum: Pinebook Pro (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+--- Forum: General Discussion on Pinebook Pro (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: A (slight) shipping delay - an explenation + details (/showthread.php?tid=7989)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

RE: A (slight) shipping delay - an explenation + details - User 6582 - 10-08-2019

(10-08-2019, 08:52 AM)dreddit Wrote: If you dare to watch any news on Hong Kong you understand the gravity of the current political and economic situation. There may be more delays but come on this is a very volatile place at the moment. I would be worried for my fellow staff given this situation. And things always take a while to get moving after holidays. I can wait, after all some people are sorting out all the software and hardware bugs for me, thanks batch one testers.
Yes, I'm all too familiar with the dangerous conditions in Hong Kong. No machine is worth the potential harm to anyone. I can wait. What I'm hoping for is an occasional update as to "what's up?" 

As for waiting, I too appreciate the effort others are making to get things better. My plan for the PBP is to pull it out of the box and see how it does, warts and all, in everyday use. Sure, I'll help as possible to solve issues. But my interest is to see how quickly the PBP will be able to be ready for "Prime time". There are folks that can be helped significantly, if it can...

RE: A (slight) shipping delay - an explenation + details - User 6582 - 10-14-2019

Hello to those still waiting....

I just replied to the 25 September e-mail regarding deliveries beginning.... with asking about when deliveries would continue....Here's the response just received:

Hello Rick,

Thanks for your message.
Please to inform you that we are only able to dispatch a part of first batch Pinebook Pro before the China golden week long holidays (1st Oct 2019 until 8th Oct 2019).
We are estimate the first batch Pinebook Pro will be continues to dispatch on the mid of October.
Also, we will provide the tracking number once available.

Appreciated for your patient and sorry for any inconvenience caused.

So we're about the middle of the month, so lloks like the wait may be drawing to close....

With fingers crossed!! :-)

RE: A (slight) shipping delay - an explenation + details - nyxxenator - 10-14-2019

I hope I can get a notice when it's coming, hopefully with a tracking number. I'd hate for it to sit on my front porch all day and maybe walk off. If I know about when it's going to be here then I can look for it and go get it.

RE: A (slight) shipping delay - an explenation + details - User 6582 - 10-14-2019

(10-14-2019, 09:32 AM)nyxxenator Wrote: I hope I can get a notice when it's coming, hopefully with a tracking number. I'd hate for it to sit on my front porch all day and maybe walk off. If I know about when it's going to be here then I can look for it and go get it.

That's a concern for me as well. It seemed like the first folks that got their PBP received notice just prior to delivery, rather than getting notice when it left China. I'm hoping for notice from China so I can track my PBP on its' journey. That'll give plenty of time to plan for its' arrival....

RE: A (slight) shipping delay - an explenation + details - Luke - 10-14-2019

You'll get notifications either via email or SMS, don't worry

(10-14-2019, 10:25 AM)Luke Wrote: You'll get notifications either via email or SMS, don't worry

Thanks Luke!! :-)

RE: A (slight) shipping delay - an explenation + details - bcnaz - 10-14-2019

HMmm ?
They mention they will resume shipping "batch #1" ?
. But did not mention "batches #2 and batch #3" ?
. They said in previous posts that pre-orders will re-open when those batches are shipped.
. So, those who missed or waited may be in for an even longer wait ?
. (I believe I am early in batch 3)

RE: A (slight) shipping delay - an explenation + details - Nurb432 - 10-14-2019

So, how do we determine which batch we may be part of?

I ordered all the way back to Sept 3..    Is that going to be 1, 2, 3 or 'whenever the next one is done, and dont hold your breath' ?

RE: A (slight) shipping delay - an explenation + details - bcnaz - 10-14-2019

Just my guess, that may put you into the tail end of the 2nd batch...

Not Sure, seems I remember a post back a while ago, that stated numbers (a post at about the start of September.. ?)
I made my purchase on Sept. 5th , I "think" I am early in the 3rd batch...
but I did also see a post from Luke or TLlim that said they were 'considering' combining batches 2 & 3, so......?

RE: A (slight) shipping delay - an explenation + details - tsago - 10-15-2019

I got into the coupon queue 2~3 minutes after the initial pre-order registration opened (end of July), and I am still waiting for any shipping info. If you've ordered in September, brace yourself with patience. Wink