PINE64
A (slight) shipping delay - an explenation + details - Printable Version

+- PINE64 (https://forum.pine64.org)
+-- Forum: Pinebook Pro (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+--- Forum: General Discussion on Pinebook Pro (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: A (slight) shipping delay - an explenation + details (/showthread.php?tid=7989)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

RE: A (slight) shipping delay - an explenation + details - ippl3 - 01-14-2020

On Shipping and manufacturing:

My understanding is that these prototype devices (list) are different from other Pine products in that orders are collected for a time, then devices to fill that order are manufactured and shipped. This seems to be nonstandard shipping in that batches may be sent* to regions, then dispatched by DHL to buyers. So if the American region gets batches first, American buyers might 'jump in line' for the extent of a batch received.

Prototype things: Pinebook, Pinebook Pro, PinePhone (BraveHeart) and maybe PineTime. Batch production & dispatch. I understand that Pine has tried something new with the PinePhone shipment.

Non-prototype things: The computer boards (Rock, RockPro, Pine H64, SOPINE, Pine A64), and spare parts.

I work in a factory where receiving standard material from Canada (Suppose I want extra material which I receive daily for an experiment) is about a 4 week lead time, and receiving special-order material is an 8 week lead time. The shipment we are seeing with these prototype things reminds me a lot more of B2B shipping, where - unless you have a phone number of someone to call - You often wait.

I am sad to see shipment timelines slip. I am excited to see my PineBook Pro (American region order placed around December 12th), and know that Luke and the Pine team are not able to speed things along now. They daily handle the delays like this and are used to them. I hope that they weather the pressure of so many people eager for the specialty products they make and keep creating them!

RE: A (slight) shipping delay - an explenation + details - rossk - 01-14-2020

(01-12-2020, 06:27 AM)rabbitarm Wrote:
(01-10-2020, 07:11 AM)rossk Wrote:
(01-10-2020, 06:46 AM)rabbitarm Wrote: I ordered ANSI PBP on 2nd December, but got no update on delivery notification. Hope to get it soon.  Smile
Maybe we'll ship on the same day, I ordered December 3rd, and haven't heard anything yet.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

I just received a notification email, my PBP has been shipped from Hong Kong via SF Express. Expected to get it tomorrow.  Big Grin

Did it show up? I haven't gotten any notification yet, though sales was able to tell me that it shipped on the 9th. I'm kind of hoping that maybe the notification slipped through the cracks and it'll just magically appear today or tomorrow.

RE: A (slight) shipping delay - an explenation + details - likefiftyninjas - 01-14-2020

(01-13-2020, 06:14 PM)Arwen Wrote: Ordered a ANSI PBP on Nov. 4th, shipped Jan 8th, would have received it Jan 10th, but I was not available to sign for it. So I got it today, Jan 13th, (next business day).

@likefiftyninjas, If you left a cell-phone number, you may be able to change delivery address. I did. It was pretty painless on the web site. You do need to wait for the first text message, which should have the details. Don't know if that will work, if you used E-Mail only.

I think I did email only. I guess I will just keep waiting and see.

RE: A (slight) shipping delay - an explenation + details - judgeruss - 01-14-2020

Hi! My Pinebook Pro is being shipped to Spain. I ordered on the 4th of November and still haven't received any confirmation. I'm not sure how to contact DHL about it since I don't have any sort of tracking number. I understand that this stuff takes time-- I'm just nervous I missed the delivery person!

RE: A (slight) shipping delay - an explenation + details - h4sh3d - 01-14-2020

(01-14-2020, 08:58 AM)rossk Wrote:
(01-10-2020, 06:46 AM)rabbitarm Wrote: I ordered ANSI PBP on 2nd December, but got no update on delivery notification. Hope to get it soon.  Smile
Maybe we'll ship on the same day, I ordered December 3rd, and haven't heard anything yet.

I just received a notification email, my PBP has been shipped from Hong Kong via SF Express. Expected to get it tomorrow.  Big Grin

Did it show up? I haven't gotten any notification yet, though sales was able to tell me that it shipped on the 9th. I'm kind of hoping that maybe the notification slipped through the cracks and it'll just magically appear today or tomorrow.

I am in the same boat as you rossk.  I ordered my ANSI PBP on December 2nd, and still no update.

I have faith that it will be here soon!  I am just so dang excited to receive the machine!! Heart

RE: A (slight) shipping delay - an explenation + details - madalin - 01-14-2020

(01-14-2020, 10:20 AM)judgeruss Wrote: Hi! My Pinebook Pro is being shipped to Spain. I ordered on the 4th of November and still haven't received any confirmation. I'm not sure how to contact DHL about it since I don't have any sort of tracking number. I understand that this stuff takes time-- I'm just nervous I missed the delivery person!

How did you miss the delivery person? DHL 1st contacts you to pay the VAT, import tax and their extra big commission (way more then the already paid DHL delivery fee). Have you been through this process?

To update my status, I emailed the sales, got response similar to previous time.

So last time I emailed I was told that it will be shipped 8-10th of January. Did not happen. Yesterday they replied 18th.

So, as this is the 3rd delay since end od December, should I belive the new deadline?

RE: A (slight) shipping delay - an explenation + details - judgeruss - 01-14-2020

(01-14-2020, 12:51 PM)imadalin Wrote:
(01-14-2020, 10:20 AM)judgeruss Wrote: Hi! My Pinebook Pro is being shipped to Spain. I ordered on the 4th of November and still haven't received any confirmation. I'm not sure how to contact DHL about it since I don't have any sort of tracking number. I understand that this stuff takes time-- I'm just nervous I missed the delivery person!

How did you miss the delivery person? DHL 1st contacts you to pay the VAT, import tax and their extra big commission (way more then the already paid DHL delivery fee). Have you been through this process?

To update my status, I emailed the sales, got response similar to previous time.

So last time I emailed I was told that it will be shipped 8-10th of January. Did not happen. Yesterday they replied 18th.

So, as this is the 3rd delay since end od December, should I belive the new deadline?

I don't think I missed the delivery person-- I emailed Lukasz and he said the same thing.

RE: A (slight) shipping delay - an explenation + details - judgeruss - 01-15-2020

(01-14-2020, 01:09 PM)judgeruss Wrote:
(01-14-2020, 12:51 PM)imadalin Wrote:

I don't think I missed the delivery person-- I emailed Lukasz and he said the same thing.

ok! so mine was shipped on the 8th but is being held by DHL because the "The Clearance process for this shipment is pending due to incomplete Shipper paperwork"

RE: A (slight) shipping delay - an explenation + details - rabbitarm - 01-15-2020

(01-14-2020, 08:58 AM)rossk Wrote:

Yes, I got it yesterday night. I also ordered extra 128gb eMMC Module, USB adapter & NVMe adapter, they are all delivered together with PBP.

They dispatch PBP from Hong Kong and my shipping address is also in Hong Kong,  I guess they arrange shipments not only base on order date, but also depend on region.

However, the funny part is the distance between their sender address and my shipping address is just 30 mins drive by car, but the courier SF Express use around 60 hours to complete. Because the courier said my shipping address is incomplete on the box's label and they used extra time to verify my address.

Pinebook Pro is pretty awesome! Unboxing is so excited.

RE: A (slight) shipping delay - an explenation + details - altacus - 01-15-2020

(01-05-2020, 04:18 PM)I got mine Monday. In fact, I\m writing this on it right now. So far, the pinebook pro is everything I thought it would be, with all it's quirky glory. Very happy with the purchase.bcnaz Wrote:
(01-05-2020, 02:38 PM)altacus Wrote:
(01-05-2020, 07:53 AM)erols Wrote: Hi, I ordered a Pinebook Pro on 5th November 2019. Should I have heard about delivery yet?

I'm in the same boat but ordered on 11/15/19. It'll be helpful if there was a page where we can get the status of our orders.

(January 05, 2020)

Hello,

IF you ordered the ANSI version,  they will start shipping in a few days.

>  On December 30, 2019,  I received an email (reply) from the store stating those will ship " in ten days" .
              ( I ordered the day this pre-order session opened also )

However :

There is some kind of shut off date also,  as I saw Luke mentioned in a recent post,
    that those "ordering in late December"  would receive theirs late in January.

( Last time I looked the store was still accepting orders)

I am wondering if they had not sold enough,  
                or  
   if they had so many orders they decided to build a bigger batch.  ?

( OF note,  Orders were still being accepted for the Brave Heart )

If this is like the last Pinebook Pro shipment,  DHL will text your cell phone when they receive this shipment, and give
you details of when to expect your new computer.

( January 10- 2020)

Apparently they finaly stopped acepting ANSI PBP orders and Brave Heart orders about January 08, 2020
Though as of a short while ago they were still accepting ISO PBP orders.