PINE64
A (slight) shipping delay - an explenation + details - Printable Version

+- PINE64 (https://forum.pine64.org)
+-- Forum: Pinebook Pro (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+--- Forum: General Discussion on Pinebook Pro (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: A (slight) shipping delay - an explenation + details (/showthread.php?tid=7989)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

RE: A (slight) shipping delay - an explenation + details - madalin - 01-13-2020

(01-13-2020, 12:34 PM)kiddailey Wrote: Just thought I'd add my status so everyone can see that they're getting through all shipments in the order that they were purchased:
  • Nov 16 -- Ordered ANSI PBP
  • Jan 10 -- Shipped
  • Jan 12 -- Received delivery notification email/tracking from DHL
  • Jan 14 -- Delivery expected by end of day

In my case, the package had already been shipped two days prior to receiving notification and it seems that the notification was sent as it entered the U.S., which was nice (made the wait time seem shorter Smile )

I did not provide a cell phone number, and received the email notification just fine.

So, if you received the notification on 12, how did you know 2 days before about it's shipment status?
Nice from DHL to work on Sundays for USA. Never knew this to happen in Europe.

RE: A (slight) shipping delay - an explenation + details - kiddailey - 01-13-2020

Quote:So, if you received the notification on 12, how did you know 2 days before about it's shipment status?
Nice from DHL to work on Sundays for USA. Never knew this to happen in Europe.

I didn't - the tracking page on DHL's website shows the history and I could see that it shipped before I received the notification.

(01-12-2020, 06:27 AM)rabbitarm Wrote:
(01-10-2020, 07:11 AM)rossk Wrote:
(01-10-2020, 06:46 AM)rabbitarm Wrote: I ordered ANSI PBP on 2nd December, but got no update on delivery notification. Hope to get it soon.  Smile
Maybe we'll ship on the same day, I ordered December 3rd, and haven't heard anything yet.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

I just received a notification email, my PBP has been shipped from Hong Kong via SF Express. Expected to get it tomorrow.  Big Grin

So you ordered it on 2nd of December and you've been notified about been shipped.

I ordered it in 28th of November and I just managed to find out that it may be shipped later this week. This process sounds very unfair for people that paid with an estimation way different from this reality and this is what it angries me.

So, from the sales people I would really like to have ah honest public disclosure on how do they play on people's money.

And to quote from https://store.pine64.org/?page_id=426 (shipping policy)
"We will process the orders based on the “first come, first serve” basis."
Makes me find now this unacceptable and untrustworthy for the future.

RE: A (slight) shipping delay - an explenation + details - Luke - 01-13-2020

@madalin Not sure why you consider what I've written 'nontransparent'. If I had any more news, I would have updated you along with everyone else. But I have no news from the shipping staff and don't expect any since they are very busy ... remember they still have to get back to Shenzhen, pick up the PinePhones, get back to HK and ship them all out before the CNY starts.

As for what is fair in terms of shipping - I have no clue how the shipping team handles the priority of the units going out. The units may, for instance, be segregated by region rather than order priority, or some completely different criteria. Regardless, I am sure that the people doing the job have a better idea how to deal with this sizable batch than say I - or an end-user - do.

As for "from the sales people I would really like to have ah honest public disclosure on how do they play on people's money" - I don't understand the sentence.

@Luke, then the shipping policy page should state clear what you've just described. You should delete the quote I mentioned from that page and describe that shipment is done taking in consideration regions and other factors.

Regarding my "from the sales people I would really like to have ah honest public disclosure on how do they play on people's money" mention is exactly towards the mentioned statement the shipping policy page and not notifying people in time about reson of delay.

RE: A (slight) shipping delay - an explenation + details - Luke - 01-13-2020

@madalin That statement from the shipping page is, indeed, misleading. I'll see to it that it actually reflects what is meant. Let me explain - that statement refers specifically to items sold in the store (like the SBCs for instance) and not pre-order items built in batches.
So, if I now order a ROCK64 and you order one 5 minutes later, then mine will ship out prior to your does (it goes into a inventory list which is hierarchical).

Lastly, I get that people are impatient. I really do. But trust me that the team is doing their best to deliver your gear to you as soon as possible.
Thanks!

You say just impatient?

How would you feel to discover that USA custommers, including with orders after yours, that they do not even have to pay extra taxes, get it first?

You feel like a second hand considered custommer. That is why I even stated this makes the process untrustworthy for the future.

RE: A (slight) shipping delay - an explenation + details - likefiftyninjas - 01-13-2020

I put my order in on December 5th and I am still waiting for tracking information. I would love to update my address if it is even possible.

RE: A (slight) shipping delay - an explenation + details - Arwen - 01-13-2020

Ordered a ANSI PBP on Nov. 4th, shipped Jan 8th, would have received it Jan 10th, but I was not available to sign for it. So I got it today, Jan 13th, (next business day).

@likefiftyninjas, If you left a cell-phone number, you may be able to change delivery address. I did. It was pretty painless on the web site. You do need to wait for the first text message, which should have the details. Don't know if that will work, if you used E-Mail only.

RE: A (slight) shipping delay - an explenation + details - Pattycakes - 01-13-2020

Just curious, will there be any chance of us to know why the "december shipment" was no longer a december shipment? It would be nice to know just because I've been checking here for a while and would have appreciated a bit of an update when it looked like shipping in december was going to be unlikely.

Also, I'm pretty new to the pine64 community and products, are shipping delays like this just the norm here? Seeing as this thread was made in september and is still being used because PBP keeps getting issues, should I just add on a month to whenever they say they are going to be shipping?