PINE64
A (slight) shipping delay - an explenation + details - Printable Version

+- PINE64 (https://forum.pine64.org)
+-- Forum: Pinebook Pro (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+--- Forum: General Discussion on Pinebook Pro (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: A (slight) shipping delay - an explenation + details (/showthread.php?tid=7989)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

RE: A (slight) shipping delay - an explenation + details - dreddit - 09-20-2019

Good to know, hope the flashing goes to plan. Personally I could live with a PBP with no image and load from SD and then flash the emmc, but sounds like you are treating us to a complete package. It's appreciated, thank you.

RE: A (slight) shipping delay - an explenation + details - Luke - 09-20-2019

(09-20-2019, 04:51 PM)dreddit Wrote: Good to know, hope the flashing goes to plan. Personally I could live with a PBP with no image and load from SD and then flash the emmc, but sounds like you are treating us to a complete package. It's appreciated, thank you.

Considered it. But then you'll have some less experienced users ... and it will be a problem that will ultimately fall on us, but also on you, to support such people in getting up and running. It also contributes to a 'less polished' look - not really too keen on that.

RE: A (slight) shipping delay - an explenation + details - Eggmonkey - 09-21-2019

Thanks for the transparency about the past (actually fairly minor) issues and the professionalism about fixing them.
I personally don't mind waiting a bit longer and I have the package to look forward to receiving at work - when I will show and impress (or bemuse) my IT colleagues!

RE: A (slight) shipping delay - an explenation + details - Luke - 09-21-2019

Think we're good now:

[Image: scLWpSE.jpg]

The yellow label explains what the jumper / bypass cables do and NOT to use the bypass with the battery plugged in.

[Image: 3S2vyMh.jpg]

RE: A (slight) shipping delay - an explenation + details - neilman - 09-21-2019

That's one big battery in there  Smile

Very nice but I think my wallet is beginning to shake a little at the impending import duty, VAT and handling fees that the carrier will be insisting upon before I get my sticky paws on one.

Will the "full fat" value be on the package labeling or something a little more, umm, "import friendly"  Angel

RE: A (slight) shipping delay - an explenation + details - User 6582 - 09-21-2019

(09-21-2019, 06:55 AM)Luke Wrote: Think we're good now:

[Image: scLWpSE.jpg]

The yellow label explains what the jumper / bypass cables do and NOT to use the bypass with the battery plugged in.

[Image: 3S2vyMh.jpg]
Nice!! We get to see the "PineBook Pro delivery room!!! Big Grin
Thanks Luke!! A picture is worth a thousand words!!! 

Question: Once they reach DHL, any idea of approximate shipping times? Or a way we can determine that for ourselves? 
Many Thanks!!! Smile

RE: A (slight) shipping delay - an explenation + details - dreddit - 09-21-2019

I think I can see mine!!!

RE: A (slight) shipping delay - an explenation + details - Luke - 09-21-2019

Once they are with DHL it's some 7 days to EU and US/Canada. Can't speak for other places - but should be no more than 10 days (usually customs take as long as freight).

RE: A (slight) shipping delay - an explenation + details - User 6582 - 09-21-2019

Many Thanks Luke!!

RE: A (slight) shipping delay - an explenation + details - ac8dg - 09-22-2019

For the manual change/flash of the emmc..
Just in case.. please update a page or video on proper disassembly -- re-flash the emmc
and get it back to a known configuration