PINE64
A (slight) shipping delay - an explenation + details - Printable Version

+- PINE64 (https://forum.pine64.org)
+-- Forum: Pinebook Pro (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+--- Forum: General Discussion on Pinebook Pro (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: A (slight) shipping delay - an explenation + details (/showthread.php?tid=7989)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

RE: A (slight) shipping delay - an explenation + details - embhorn - 10-31-2019

Lower Alabama. It was sent to Kenner, LA for courier service. Seemed strange since that is almost 3 hours away.

RE: A (slight) shipping delay - an explenation + details - User 6582 - 10-31-2019

(10-31-2019, 08:22 PM)embhorn Wrote: Lower Alabama. It was sent to Kenner, LA for courier service. Seemed strange since that is almost 3 hours away.

SNAFU....Know what that means? :-)

RE: A (slight) shipping delay - an explenation + details - Valmond - 11-01-2019

Got the text message from DHL, delivery due on tuesday, yeah!!

FYI, in Europe and got around 60€ taxes and handling and all that. Good news is it seems you can pay it directly on the DHL website.

Woot :-)

RE: A (slight) shipping delay - an explenation + details - noctrex - 11-01-2019

Also got an SMS from DHL, due on 5th. Let's see!

RE: A (slight) shipping delay - an explenation + details - embhorn - 11-01-2019

(10-31-2019, 09:33 PM)rick1959 Wrote:
(10-31-2019, 08:22 PM)embhorn Wrote: Lower Alabama. It was sent to Kenner, LA for courier service. Seemed strange since that is almost 3 hours away.

Well, yeah. Latest update: My neighbor came by this morning with the package. DHL just left it on his front porch. Called DHL and asked them to close the investigation.

Package didn't look too beat up, but when I opened it there is something rattling around inside the laptop and it won;t power on. Not sure what my options are now. I'm inclined to crack it open, but I hate that it's DOA.

RE: A (slight) shipping delay - an explenation + details - Luke - 11-01-2019

(11-01-2019, 06:16 AM)embhorn Wrote:

Well, yeah. Latest update: My neighbor came by this morning with the package. DHL just left it on his front porch. Called DHL and asked them to close the investigation.

Package didn't look too beat up, but when I opened it there is something rattling around inside the laptop and it won;t power on. Not sure what my options are now. I'm inclined to crack it open, but I hate that it's DOA.

Lets hope that just the eMMC came off and you have to put it in its place. That would obviously cause the laptop not to boot. Also ... thats pretty poor of DHL :/

RE: A (slight) shipping delay - an explenation + details - embhorn - 11-01-2019

(11-01-2019, 06:21 AM)Luke Wrote:

Lets hope that just the eMMC came off and you have to put it in its place. That would obviously cause the laptop not to boot. Also ... thats pretty poor of DHL :/

Thanks, Luke! I just submitted a support ticket, but I will go ahead and pop it open to see if the problem is something simple like a loose connection.

RE: A (slight) shipping delay - an explenation + details - Luke - 11-01-2019

(11-01-2019, 06:31 AM)embhorn Wrote:
(11-01-2019, 06:21 AM)Luke Wrote:

Thanks, Luke! I just submitted a support ticket, but I will go ahead and pop it open to see if the problem is something simple like a loose connection.

$5 says its just the eMMC module. Please read this before taking the unit apart and putting it back together.

RE: A (slight) shipping delay - an explenation + details - GLSRacer - 11-01-2019

I just got hit with the typical DHL "weather" delay, even though we've received all other orders on time for the last several days via USPS and UPS. My Pinebook Pro was supposed to be delivered today, maybe monday now? Hopefully Pine will be able to go with UPS for US shipping at some point in the future. DHL and FedEx aren't very reliable.

RE: A (slight) shipping delay - an explenation + details - pasila9999 - 11-01-2019

My Pinebook Pro is already in Helsinki, Finland and should be delivered to me within a few hours! Cannot wait to get my hands on it, especially when I noticed on Twitter that my Dell WD15 dock works just fine with it!

I shall post some pics and experiences once I have it.