PINE64
The Pinebook Pro Preorder System! - Printable Version

+- PINE64 (https://forum.pine64.org)
+-- Forum: Pinebook Pro (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+--- Forum: General Discussion on Pinebook Pro (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: The Pinebook Pro Preorder System! (/showthread.php?tid=7725)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38

RE: The Pinebook Pro Preorder System! - doc1623 - 08-22-2019

Ordered! Cool

Your order has been received and is now being processed. Your order details are shown below for your reference:

All is well, no more checking email daily!

(well non-work)

I can go back to looking at it casually, occasionally!!

RE: The Pinebook Pro Preorder System! - Kochise - 08-23-2019

(08-22-2019, 05:06 AM)ac8dg Wrote: It arrived in regular inbox, not the spam folder,   a good thing since it has
a 48 hour expiration.

I'm wondering the point of that "2 days expiration" span.

2 weeks would have been more reasonable and not as long as 2 months.

Why putting such pressure on people ? What about those on vacation and AFK ?

RE: The Pinebook Pro Preorder System! - tophneal - 08-23-2019

(08-23-2019, 12:06 PM)Kochise Wrote:
(08-22-2019, 05:06 AM)ac8dg Wrote: It arrived in regular inbox, not the spam folder,   a good thing since it has
a 48 hour expiration.

I'm wondering the point of that "2 days expiration" span.

2 weeks would have been more reasonable and not as long as 2 months.

Why putting such pressure on people ? What about those on vacation and AFK ?

Probably to keep the preorder system moving along. I bet after the coupon expires a new person in queue gets their opportunity. I imagine the Pine team wouldn't turn anyone away if they legitimately couldn't make their purchase in time for the coupon expiration, if they're able.

RE: The Pinebook Pro Preorder System! - Kochise - 08-24-2019

There was a guy around that was short on money and was waiting for his wages for end of the month.

Some people can easily get $200 short almost 2 weeks before the end of the month, it's a reality.

Since the 2nd batch is "reserved" to the coupon codes, why putting an expiration date at all ?

RE: The Pinebook Pro Preorder System! - fire219 - 08-25-2019

As of noon UTC today (August 25), this phase of the preorder system has ended. A total of 884 users went through the system over the last month.

Thanks to everyone in the community, and sorry for the bumpy start way back in July.

RE: The Pinebook Pro Preorder System! - dumetrulo - 08-26-2019

(08-23-2019, 12:36 PM)tophneal Wrote: I imagine the Pine team wouldn't turn anyone away if they legitimately couldn't make their purchase in time for the coupon expiration, if they're able.

I had an issue with my credit card, it was blocked due to attempted fraudulent purchases, and I had to wait for a new one to be posted to me. Which took like ten days from Ireland to the Netherlands, but that's a whole different story…

Anyway, I replied to the e-mail with the coupon code, stating that I couldn't make a purchase within the two day time limit, and they replied to just get back to them when I was able to place an order. I did that this morning, and am now waiting to get a new coupon code.

RE: The Pinebook Pro Preorder System! - dumetrulo - 08-26-2019

(08-26-2019, 03:16 AM)dumetrulo Wrote:
(08-23-2019, 12:36 PM)tophneal Wrote: I imagine the Pine team wouldn't turn anyone away if they legitimately couldn't make their purchase in time for the coupon expiration, if they're able.

Anyway, I replied to the e-mail with the coupon code, stating that I couldn't make a purchase within the two day time limit, and they replied to just get back to them when I was able to place an order. I did that this morning, and am now waiting to get a new coupon code.

And they sent me a new code! Big Grin

RE: The Pinebook Pro Preorder System! - MrTester - 08-26-2019

(08-26-2019, 06:28 AM)dumetrulo Wrote:
(08-26-2019, 03:16 AM)dumetrulo Wrote:

And they sent me a new code! Big Grin

The sales team has been doing a fantastic job keeping on top of this and ensuring everyone is taken care of!

RE: The Pinebook Pro Preorder System! - spikerguy - 08-26-2019

I am still waiting for my coupon.

Finally I hope to receive it in coming day Big Grin

RE: The Pinebook Pro Preorder System! - dumetrulo - 08-27-2019

(08-26-2019, 09:06 AM)MrTester Wrote: The sales team has been doing a fantastic job keeping on top of this and ensuring everyone is taken care of!

As far as I can see, they are really doing a great job so far!

And honestly, I wouldn't have minded paying a tenner more if that meant the company had a bit of profit, and thus motivation to work even better and faster!

Be that as it may, let's hope the shipping date is soon, given I was able to place my order yesterday!