PINE64
Manjaro ARM for Pinebook - Printable Version

+- PINE64 (https://forum.pine64.org)
+-- Forum: Pinebook (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+--- Forum: Linux on Pinebook (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=79)
+--- Thread: Manjaro ARM for Pinebook (/showthread.php?tid=7284)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

RE: Manjaro ARM for Pinebook - Luke - 03-27-2019

(03-26-2019, 08:31 PM)pineuseran Wrote:
(03-24-2019, 12:10 AM)pineuseran Wrote: I installed 19.3 manjaro kde in pinebook. 

but I have a problem, 'hdmi output' only works in unify mode.

I want to switch output mode, as in unify mode the screen resolution is not correctly worked.

Menu lists show up when press 'command key + p' 

But the mode is not changed. nothing happened

How can I change the mode to external only?

In manjaro 19.2 kde, hdmi output works fine but  sound not works. When system upgrade, upgrade progresses but error massage continues.

In manjaro 19.3 kde, sound works fine but hdmi output only works in unify mode. After system upgrade, wifi network are disabled.

In manjaro i3, sound and system upgrade work fine but hdmi output only works in unify mode.

I installed it to sd card in pinebook 14.  I'm posting in i3.

Good feedback, will forward it to Manjaro devs. Thanks for testing.

RE: Manjaro ARM for Pinebook - MECZero - 03-28-2019

(03-24-2019, 11:25 AM)soupbowl Wrote: Is there any measurable performance or support differences between Manjaro KDE and Neon KDE on the Pinebook, or is it just largely base system and visual differences?

I can't speak for the ARM Pinebook versions, but there is a measurable difference in performance between KDE Neon and Manjaro KDE on my Acer laptop. Manjaro uses a lot less ram and everything loads/runs faster. I'm hoping it's the same for the Pinebook versions. Wink

RE: Manjaro ARM for Pinebook - Luke - 03-28-2019

(03-28-2019, 06:29 AM)MECZero Wrote:
(03-24-2019, 11:25 AM)soupbowl Wrote: Is there any measurable performance or support differences between Manjaro KDE and Neon KDE on the Pinebook, or is it just largely base system and visual differences?

I can't speak for the ARM Pinebook versions, but there is a measurable difference in performance between KDE Neon and Manjaro KDE on my Acer laptop. Manjaro uses a lot less ram and every thing loads/runs faster. I'm hoping it's the same for the Pinebook versions. Wink

Apparently manjaro KDE on eMMC is super smooth.

RE: Manjaro ARM for Pinebook - MECZero - 03-28-2019

(12-10-2018, 07:19 AM)Surehand53 Wrote: Hi.

If you face problems with the Wifi connection when on battery like me then you can try a parameter for the wifi driver config file 8723cs.conf.

The parameter will turn off wifi power management.
To add the parameter you have to open 8723cs.conf with an editor of your choice and use sudo to get system access rights.

e.g.
Quote:sudo notepadqq /etc/modprobe.d/8723cs.conf

Add rtw_power_mgnt=0 at the end of the one line in that config file. In the end it should look similar to this (the MAC address will be different)

Quote:options 8723cs rtw_initmac=00:ba:ch:16:85:46 rtw_power_mgnt=0

Then save and reboot.

Since I used this change connection did not drop once.

Please test and reply if it works for you.
Also it would be interesting to know if you experience any difference in battery life when the wifi power management is turned off. So far I have not noticed a difference but there might be other experiences.

KDE version installed now and running smooth. However, I still have the wifi disabled. I tried editing that config file but it was already set with the change you suggested.

Anyone else have a fix or work-around for this issue to get wifi working again?

(03-28-2019, 06:37 AM)Luke Wrote: Apparently manjaro KDE on eMMC is super smooth.

Good to know! It's running pretty good on the SD, so I think I'll go ahead with installing it to eMMC. Just need to figure out how to get wifi working again...

RE: Manjaro ARM for Pinebook - erchache2000 - 04-03-2019

I'm using manjaro arm like my primary pinebook distro and goes ok.

My system has 64 gb emmc and ethernet usb dongle. I use eth dongle to get fixed ip and can work remotely.

You can fix, customize, tune and do all you want like on an Arch Linux system.

I recomend to all pinebook manjaro users to put info here and in official forum of manjaro arm, https://forum.manjaro.org/c/manjaro-arm

RE: Manjaro ARM for Pinebook - MECZero - 04-07-2019

The Wifi issue I had has been solved. Refer to this thread to see what the problem & fix was: https://forum.manjaro.org/t/manjaro-arm-19-03-for-pinebook-released/79440 :)

RE: Manjaro ARM for Pinebook - unixfox - 04-14-2019

How did you install it on the eMMC? I struggle to do it, I can't find any tutorial about that.

RE: Manjaro ARM for Pinebook - schinfo - 04-15-2019

Exclamation  All you need to install Manjaro on the Pinebook

manjaro-arm-installer

RE: Manjaro ARM for Pinebook - soupbowl - 05-17-2019

I've installed it and installed Latte Dock that I use on Neon, and it doesn't seem to work. Is this a Pinebook edition issue or a widespread thing?

Tried installing plasma-extras and enabling animations, still blank Sad

[Image: JCD5jj7.png]

RE: Manjaro ARM for Pinebook - trigger - 05-17-2019

I'm testing Manjaro LXQT on the Pinebook1080 now. Their forum mention the 'wrong audio output has been selected'.

I've searched far and wide, but there _is_ only one audio output available. And it's 'showing' sound (you see the volume meter bouncing when playing audio) yet you hear absolutely nothing.

Where could the problem be? I tried upping some stuff in Alsamixer but that didn't help.