PINE64
Feature Complete Debian Desktop Release - Printable Version

+- PINE64 (https://forum.pine64.org)
+-- Forum: ROCKPRO64 (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=98)
+--- Forum: Linux on RockPro64 (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=101)
+--- Thread: Feature Complete Debian Desktop Release (/showthread.php?tid=7269)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

RE: Feature Complete Debian Desktop Release - Luke - 05-24-2019

(05-24-2019, 02:54 AM)Slam Wrote: So far I only faced that when going to settings yes: chrome://settings/
it does load but then a second or two after it loaded I get the Aw, snap, something went wrong

Ah yes, looks like its a known issue actually (when using acceleration on this version of chromium). OK, thanks for letting us know.

RE: Feature Complete Debian Desktop Release - pbut5 - 05-24-2019

@Mrfixit2001 @Luke 

I have been trying to compile your new source code all day using your own debian image to compile I get errors like this (These happen during cross compile as well):

Code:
In file included from include/linux/linkage.h:6:0,
                 from include/linux/kernel.h:6,
                 from include/asm-generic/bug.h:13,
                 from ./arch/arm64/include/asm/bug.h:67,
                 from include/linux/bug.h:4,
                 from ./arch/arm64/include/asm/cmpxchg.h:21,
                 from ./arch/arm64/include/asm/atomic.h:41,
                 from include/linux/atomic.h:4,
                 from include/linux/dcache.h:4,
                 from security/security.c:15:
include/linux/export.h:59:20: error: redefinition of ‘__kstrtab_security_path_chown’
  static const char __kstrtab_##sym[]   \
                    ^
include/linux/export.h:72:2: note: in expansion of macro ‘__EXPORT_SYMBOL’
  __EXPORT_SYMBOL(sym, "_gpl")
  ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
security/security.c:529:1: note: in expansion of macro ‘EXPORT_SYMBOL_GPL’
 EXPORT_SYMBOL_GPL(security_path_chown);
 ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
include/linux/export.h:59:20: note: previous definition of ‘__kstrtab_security_path_chown’ was here
  static const char __kstrtab_##sym[]   \
                    ^
include/linux/export.h:69:2: note: in expansion of macro ‘__EXPORT_SYMBOL’
  __EXPORT_SYMBOL(sym, "")
  ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
security/security.c:506:1: note: in expansion of macro ‘EXPORT_SYMBOL’
 EXPORT_SYMBOL(security_path_chown);
 ^~~~~~~~~~~~~
include/linux/export.h:63:39: error: redefinition of ‘__ksymtab_security_path_chown’
  __visible const struct kernel_symbol __ksymtab_##sym \
                                       ^
include/linux/export.h:72:2: note: in expansion of macro ‘__EXPORT_SYMBOL’
  __EXPORT_SYMBOL(sym, "_gpl")
  ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
security/security.c:529:1: note: in expansion of macro ‘EXPORT_SYMBOL_GPL’
 EXPORT_SYMBOL_GPL(security_path_chown);
 ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
include/linux/export.h:63:39: note: previous definition of ‘__ksymtab_security_path_chown’ was here
  __visible const struct kernel_symbol __ksymtab_##sym \
                                       ^
include/linux/export.h:69:2: note: in expansion of macro ‘__EXPORT_SYMBOL’
  __EXPORT_SYMBOL(sym, "")
  ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
security/security.c:506:1: note: in expansion of macro ‘EXPORT_SYMBOL’
 EXPORT_SYMBOL(security_path_chown);
 ^~~~~~~~~~~~~
make[2]: *** [scripts/Makefile.build:277: security/security.o] Error 1

I did manage to get the kernel built / compiled using the armbian image BUT with a PCIE card in the PCIE slot I get kernel panics with the new dtb file and the system refuses to boot on first boot after power on but when / if it does boot the pcie card is not found. I am attaching a dmesg of the board booted with a pcie card in the slot. I am currently rebuilding the kernel with the previous rockpro64.dts to see if it works.

Edit:

Rockpro crashed before compile finished still seems unstable and unusable.

Edit 2:

The kernel source is also missing the dptx.bin file which causes another error later in the compile.

RE: Feature Complete Debian Desktop Release - axelf - 05-25-2019

AWSOME !!!!! Well done guys this is amazing ,,,,, fantastic work .... really pleased .... i'm going to test NvME PCIe + BlueTooth Wifi module now.

Again thanks so much for your hard work on this ... its really appreciated 1st time in 6 months I have not been able to crash the desktop within 10min.

Even audio works :-)

this means a lot to me thanks :-)

RE: Feature Complete Debian Desktop Release - torxT10 - 05-25-2019

On Youtube and Netflix, video strutters a lot with 1080p, is there anything that can be done (CPU governator is in performance mod (pretending nothing, i know it is a community build, only asking)?
Apart from that, is it possible in this distro to make something similar (in a simple way): https://www.hackster.io/austin-stanton/creating-a-raspberry-pi-universal-remote-with-lirc-2fd581, using LIRC to send and receive IR command through GPIO (i have 2 pin diodes, on chip there are 3 pin slots for IR receiver, ((only receiver?)))?
By the way, really well done, a nice and useable distro!!!

RE: Feature Complete Debian Desktop Release - axelf - 05-25-2019

Dam .... sorry to break it to you guys ,,,,, the PCIe NVMe problem causing the Desktop to hang when logging in as a non root user (strangely when you log inas root it works although chromium wont launch) is still there just like it is in Armbian

#backtosquareone

I have not even connected the BlueTooth\WiFi Dongle yet

But I am still deleteriously happy .... I can at least get Eclipse working in Debian so I can start developing more efficiently  Heart Heart Heart

@Luke did you ever get a fix for the NVMe Desktop hang ? I believe you mentioned that it was associated with the Audio Drivers ? I can not remember if you fixed it by using pulse audio or Alsa ?

Thx
Simon

RE: Feature Complete Debian Desktop Release - kardanadm - 05-25-2019

(05-25-2019, 07:16 AM)torxT10 Wrote: On Youtube and Netflix, video strutters a lot with 1080p, is there anything that can be done (CPU governator is in performance mod (pretending nothing, i know it is a community build, only asking)?
Apart from that, is it possible in this distro to make something similar (in a simple way): https://www.hackster.io/austin-stanton/creating-a-raspberry-pi-universal-remote-with-lirc-2fd581, using LIRC to send and receive IR command through GPIO (i have 2 pin diodes, on chip there are 3 pin slots for IR receiver, ((only receiver?)))?
By the way, really well done, a nice and useable distro!!!

Watch Netflix and youtube on the Root desktop. more fluent and undistorted.

RE: Feature Complete Debian Desktop Release - Luke - 05-25-2019

(05-25-2019, 03:06 PM)axelf Wrote: Dam .... sorry to break it to you guys ,,,,, the PCIe NVMe problem causing the Desktop to hang when logging in as a non root user (strangely when you log inas root it works although chromium wont launch) is still there just like it is in Armbian

#backtosquareone

I have not even connected the BlueTooth\WiFi Dongle yet

But I am still deleteriously happy .... I can at least get Eclipse working in Debian so I can start developing more efficiently  Heart Heart Heart  

@Luke did you ever get a fix for the NVMe Desktop hang ? I believe you mentioned that it was associated with the Audio Drivers ? I can not remember if you fixed it by using pulse audio or Alsa ?

Thx
Simon

Working on it (mostly on, sometimes off) for months now... nope, issue not solved.

RE: Feature Complete Debian Desktop Release - Mrfixit2001 - 05-27-2019

https://github.com/mrfixit2001/debian_desktop/releases/tag/190527

PCIe issues have been resolved! Smile

RE: Feature Complete Debian Desktop Release - Slam - 05-27-2019

Will test tonight. Thank you for this great update!

RE: Feature Complete Debian Desktop Release - pbut5 - 05-27-2019

Excellent. Updated kernel source? So I can build and test to see if my issue is fixed.

I tried just copying the compiled dtb from your image to my rockpro but that didn't help. Maybe a recompile with the modules I need will?

Edit 1:
@Mrfixit2001

I tried rebuilding the kernel source with the modules I need for my dvb pcie card and your kernel still refuses to boot with anything connected to the pcie. I have tried 3 different dvb cards and a basic nic and I just get kernel panics and it eventually reboots.