PINE64
Update 22.02.2019 Feature-complete Debian build - SDIO WiFi/BT / PCIe / 3D / 2D - Printable Version

+- PINE64 (https://forum.pine64.org)
+-- Forum: ROCKPRO64 (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=98)
+--- Forum: Linux on RockPro64 (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=101)
+--- Thread: Update 22.02.2019 Feature-complete Debian build - SDIO WiFi/BT / PCIe / 3D / 2D (/showthread.php?tid=7055)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

RE: Feature-complete Debian build - SDIO WiFi/BT / PCIe / 3D / 2D - Belakor - 02-12-2019

(02-12-2019, 08:11 AM)fosf0r Wrote: Doesn't that violate the GPL?

Yes it does.  I can understand not trying to upstream changes until they are more thoroughly tested but not releasing source code is not the right thing to do.

RE: Feature-complete Debian build - SDIO WiFi/BT / PCIe / 3D / 2D - Bullet64 - 02-17-2019

For the first time i have working wlan on an ROCKPro64. Thanks Mr.Fixit

[Image: a5f546-1550407386.png]

Sorry, only german.
https://forum.frank-mankel.org/topic/457/rockpro64-das-erste-mal

RE: Feature-complete Debian build - SDIO WiFi/BT / PCIe / 3D / 2D - MisterA - 02-18-2019

Hi,

Is there any word on full PCIe support? Anxiously waiting to get my SATA controller working :-)

Regards

RE: Feature-complete Debian build - SDIO WiFi/BT / PCIe / 3D / 2D - fosf0r - 02-18-2019

GPL code is used but no GPL license is supplied.

GPL code is used to produce binaries but no source is supplied.

Please address this.

https://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-violation.html

RE: Feature-complete Debian build - SDIO WiFi/BT / PCIe / 3D / 2D - Mrfixit2001 - 02-19-2019

Smile relax you hungry animals haha, i will make the kernel source available soon. I didn't expect so much concern over source and assumed you'd just be happy that you had this release available. At its core it's just rockchip's 4.4 bsp kernel, just heavily patched.
The delay is because this is a hobby, and I have a full time job, a wife and two kids, and limited free time. In the little free time I do have, I've been busy working on fixes for the next release. I assumed those would be a higher priority to everyone compared to source code.
I'm a bit of a perfectionist and want things to be working fully (to the best of my testing ability) before I publish them. I have recently finished back porting the majority of the important PCIe fixes from mainline, and added some of rockchip's new commits as well. Just this weekend Nuumio came up with an idea for delaying SDIO probing until after the PCIe link training completes and I was able to use his idea to get that working 100% of the time (you can follow much of that discussion, with a patch link, on the IRC).
I expect that there should be an updated release before the end of the week. Just one issue to work out in the boot script first. Following the release I'll drop the patched kernel source into a new repo on my GitHub Smile
I do hope this addresses any concerns.

RE: Feature-complete Debian build - SDIO WiFi/BT / PCIe / 3D / 2D - KoU2N - 02-19-2019

(01-24-2019, 12:00 PM)festor89 Wrote:
(01-23-2019, 01:33 PM)Mrfixit2001 Wrote: I might suggest replacing libmali.so on the build with this blob:
https://github.com/rockchip-linux/libmali/blob/rockchip/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libmali-midgard-t86x-r14p0-r0p0-x11-gbm.so

I haven't test it yet, but *in theory* that blob should support both gbm and x11. Hopefully that would allow you to run XORG applications, such as web browsers.

If you want wayland instead of X then you could try this blob:
https://github.com/rockchip-linux/libmali/blob/rockchip/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libmali-midgard-t86x-r14p0-r0p0-wayland-gbm.so

Again, I haven't tested either one, so please report back if you have success Smile

Just download the blob and save it as libmali.so and overwrite the current symlink with this. If it works out then I'll include it in the next release.

Unfortunately, the swap file did not give anything. Chromium still does not start

You can use this script to slove the chromium problem,I have been tested.
Xfce with chromium.Youtube in chromium works well,but the sound(HDMI output) is not smooth.

RE: Feature-complete Debian build - SDIO WiFi/BT / PCIe / 3D / 2D - MisterA - 02-19-2019

(02-19-2019, 07:49 AM)Mrfixit2001 Wrote: Smile relax you hungry animals haha, i will make the kernel source available soon. I didn't expect so much concern over source and assumed you'd just be happy that you had this release available. At its core it's just rockchip's 4.4 bsp kernel, just heavily patched.
The delay is because this is a hobby, and I have a full time job, a wife and two kids, and limited free time. In the little free time I do have, I've been busy working on fixes for the next release. I assumed those would be a higher priority to everyone compared to source code.
I'm a bit of a perfectionist and want things to be working fully (to the best of my testing ability) before I publish them. I have recently finished back porting the majority of the important PCIe fixes from mainline, and added some of rockchip's new commits as well. Just this weekend Nuumio came up with an idea for delaying SDIO probing until after the PCIe link training completes and I was able to use his idea to get that working 100% of the time (you can follow much of that discussion, with a patch link, on the IRC).
I expect that there should be an updated release before the end of the week. Just one issue to work out in the boot script first. Following the release I'll drop the patched kernel source into a new repo on my GitHub Smile

I fully agree with your statement and way of working.

In an ideal world you shouldn't be doing this work, it's up to the hardware manufacturers to support their devices.
Now they release hardware and say: "look it has this and this feature" (e.g. PCIe) but don't mention there is absolutely no software support for it. This is the reason the Raspberry Pi remains the defacto standard in spite of the lower performance specs.

Anyway: thanks for your effort!

RE: Feature-complete Debian build - SDIO WiFi/BT / PCIe / 3D / 2D - Bullet64 - 02-19-2019

@Mrfixit2001: Thanks for your work and Nuumio too  Smile

I would be happy to test the image in my free time for you Big Grin

RE: Feature-complete Debian build - SDIO WiFi/BT / PCIe / 3D / 2D - fosf0r - 02-19-2019

(02-19-2019, 07:49 AM)Mrfixit2001 Wrote: Smile relax you hungry animals haha, i will make the kernel source available soon. I didn't expect so much concern over source and assumed you'd just be happy that you had this release available. At its core it's just rockchip's 4.4 bsp kernel, just heavily patched.

Understood, but code quality and life's time constraints aren't valid reasons to fully disregard the GPL.

If you're going to embark on this journey already knowing you have limited time, then that is all the more reason for the source code to go up before the binaries. So we can all fix it with you.

RE: Feature-complete Debian build - SDIO WiFi/BT / PCIe / 3D / 2D - Luke - 02-22-2019

The image has been updated, see initial post.