PINE64
ANNOUNCING *BETA* RELEASE OF RECALBOX FOR THE ROCK64 - Printable Version

+- PINE64 (https://forum.pine64.org)
+-- Forum: ROCK64 (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=85)
+--- Forum: Linux on Rock64 (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=88)
+--- Thread: ANNOUNCING *BETA* RELEASE OF RECALBOX FOR THE ROCK64 (/showthread.php?tid=6351)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: ANNOUNCING *BETA* RELEASE OF RECALBOX FOR THE ROCK64 - Gaëtan - 08-27-2018

The first post is saying that the beetle-psx as been added.
So is it possible to change the resolution and have something better, close to pc result ?

RE: ANNOUNCING *BETA* RELEASE OF RECALBOX FOR THE ROCK64 - Mrfixit2001 - 08-29-2018

@Gaëtan - first and most importantly, welcome to the community!
i would always recommend the pine store for purchases, but admittedly Amazon also has some good deals Wink
As for beetle-psx, it's a retroarch core so explore the in-game menu a bit and there are some resolution settings, but the optimal resolution for these emulators is 720p and so we have set that as the max for retroarch.

RE: ANNOUNCING *BETA* RELEASE OF RECALBOX FOR THE ROCK64 - Gaëtan - 08-31-2018

(08-29-2018, 06:56 PM)Mrfixit2001 Wrote: Thank you for your reply ! I'll see to pouchase one soon. 
Than, for psx graphics it should be better than on pi3 ? 
Could you tell if there will be new beta update soon ? 
Also  I'm really curious about the performance on dc and psp emulation comparing to Rpi3.
I saw 4do emulator  so the 3do is supported ? 
Sorry to bother you with questions, I'm more and more interested in that board Smile 

RE: ANNOUNCING *BETA* RELEASE OF RECALBOX FOR THE ROCK64 - Brainy142 - 09-02-2018

What game would you like to see tested? if I have it I will fire it up and report back.
(08-31-2018, 07:07 AM)Gaëtan Wrote:
(08-29-2018, 06:56 PM)Mrfixit2001 Wrote: Thank you for your reply ! I'll see to pouchase one soon. 
Also  I'm really curious about the performance on dc and psp emulation comparing to Rpi3.
Sorry to bother you with questions, I'm more and more interested in that board Smile 

RE: ANNOUNCING *BETA* RELEASE OF RECALBOX FOR THE ROCK64 - Gaëtan - 09-03-2018

(09-02-2018, 05:31 PM)Brainy142 Wrote: What game would you like to see tested? if I have it I will fire it up and report back.

Thank you Brainy ! 
On DC, it would be good to test Dead Or Alive that is really borderline on pi3b and b+ and daytona usa. 
On psp you could try tekken 6 and wipeout  with default settings and pspx2. If you have other games you could test it too Smile

RE: ANNOUNCING *BETA* RELEASE OF RECALBOX FOR THE ROCK64 - Danielsan - 09-03-2018

Hi guys...

Unfortunately with the starting of the school my time to play (I mean not playing to video games  Rolleyes ) with the board has been dramatically reduced...

So now I discovered there are two releases on MrFixit Github page and I am quite confused:

Which are the difference? I don't use Kodi (I deactivated it )since the moment I use OSMC in another board, is the Rockbox version lighter?

Thanks!

RE: ANNOUNCING *BETA* RELEASE OF RECALBOX FOR THE ROCK64 - Trash_Can_Man - 09-03-2018

(09-03-2018, 11:17 AM)Danielsan Wrote: Hi guys...

Unfortunately with the starting of the school my time to play (I mean not playing to video games  Rolleyes ) with the board has been dramatically reduced...

So now I discovered there are two releases on MrFixit Github page and I am quite confused:

Which are the difference? I don't use Kodi (I deactivated it )since the moment I use OSMC in another board, is the Rockbox version lighter?

Thanks!

While they use the same chipset Rockbox is not rock64 so if you have a rock64 you should use the image labeled rock64 to avoid incompatibilities...

RE: ANNOUNCING *BETA* RELEASE OF RECALBOX FOR THE ROCK64 - Danielsan - 09-03-2018

Oh my... What a dumb... I was convinced that Rockbox was like a software mediaplayer...
Got it, I'll stick with Recalbox for Rock64... Big Grin

RE: ANNOUNCING *BETA* RELEASE OF RECALBOX FOR THE ROCK64 - Luke - 09-03-2018

(09-03-2018, 08:50 AM)Gaëtan Wrote:
(09-02-2018, 05:31 PM)Brainy142 Wrote: What game would you like to see tested? if I have it I will fire it up and report back.

Thank you Brainy ! 
On DC, it would be good to test Dead Or Alive that is really borderline on pi3b and b+ and daytona usa. 
On psp you could try tekken 6 and wipeout  with default settings and pspx2. If you have other games you could test it too Smile

Tekken 6 is unplayable - 20fps or so, even with an overclock. Don't have the other games on hand.

[edit] with some tweaks and 1xPSP as well as Frameskip=1 its playable

RE: ANNOUNCING *BETA* RELEASE OF RECALBOX FOR THE ROCK64 - Gaëtan - 09-05-2018

(09-03-2018, 03:05 PM)Luke Wrote:
(09-03-2018, 08:50 AM)Gaëtan Wrote:

Thank you Brainy ! 

Tekken 6 is unplayable - 20fps or so, even with an overclock. Don't have the other games on hand.

[edit] with some tweaks and 1xPSP as well as Frameskip=1 its playable

Here is a screenshot of Tekken 6 running on a pi3B overclocked at 1300mhz.
All ppsspp setting by default, except it's 2xPSP

[Image: 1536136942-tekken-6.png]

To compare the results, once in game choose "Practice" and then the "LARS" character