PINE64
[Archived] ANNOUNCING RECALBOX FOR THE ROCK64 - ALPHA RELEASE - Printable Version

+- PINE64 (https://forum.pine64.org)
+-- Forum: ROCK64 (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=85)
+--- Forum: Linux on Rock64 (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=88)
+--- Thread: [Archived] ANNOUNCING RECALBOX FOR THE ROCK64 - ALPHA RELEASE (/showthread.php?tid=6018)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

RE: ANNOUNCING RECALBOX FOR THE ROCK64 - ALPHA RELEASE - S3phi40T - 05-01-2018

Xbox One (2 pads old/original - no 3.5mm jack) - pad detected - doesn't recognise key strokes - unable to configure
Xbox One Elite (2 pads) - pad detected - doesn't recognise key strokes - unable to configure
PS4 pad over USB (2 pads) - pad not detected
PS4 pad over BlueTooth - pad paired and detected - doesn't recognise key strokes - unable to configure
PS3 pad over USB (2 pads) - pad not detected
Keyboard (multiple) - detected as default controller - configure and play all fine

Everything I've tested so far worked great
...except N64
Small and with textures messed up.
...but in full speed.
Smash Bros.[Image: 808f8bd384ddc9839de3d7bf28e58420.jpg]

Scrapper works great!!

Amstrad demo game is either out is resolution or hanged Rock.

As for alpha, I'm impressed.
Rock64 + recallbox has better first impression than Raspberry 3 + Retropie.

Wysłane z mojego Redmi Note 4 przy użyciu Tapatalka

RE: ANNOUNCING RECALBOX FOR THE ROCK64 - ALPHA RELEASE - Mrfixit2001 - 05-01-2018

(05-01-2018, 02:58 PM)S3phi40T Wrote: Xbox One (2 pads old/original - no 3.5mm jack) - pad detected - doesn't recognise key strokes - unable to configure
Xbox One Elite (2 pads) - pad detected - doesn't recognise key strokes - unable to configure
PS4 pad over BlueTooth - pad paired and detected - doesn't recognise key strokes - unable to configure
Keyboard (multiple) - detected as default controller - configure and play all fine

...except N64
...but in full speed.

Scrapper works great!!

Thank you for the testing and feedback!!!

A few tips - in the recalbox menu under advanced you can select what default emulator and core you want to use for each system. And under each rom's meta data you can even specify a different emulator and core just for that rom. Not all roms will perform the same on the same core, that's why why I included as many as possible for n64. 

For the gamepads, see if you get different results if you plug them in before you boot. I think I remember reading that sometimes recalbox doesn't pick them up right if you plug them in while it's already running.

RE: ANNOUNCING RECALBOX FOR THE ROCK64 - ALPHA RELEASE - Mrfixit2001 - 05-01-2018

Also just FYI, I just checked and libnfs is already on the image. Smile

RE: ANNOUNCING RECALBOX FOR THE ROCK64 - ALPHA RELEASE - Luke - 05-02-2018

(05-01-2018, 02:58 PM)S3phi40T Wrote: Xbox One (2 pads old/original - no 3.5mm jack) - pad detected - doesn't recognise key strokes - unable to configure

...except N64
...but in full speed.

Scrapper works great!!

Please try the following:

Code:
nano /recalbox/share/system/configs/mupen64/gles2n64rom.conf

and edit out the forced resolutions of the games you're trying to play.

[edit] for reference, could you also try Mariokart64 and see if that plays full screen? (it should)
[edit 2] also could you try editing
Code:
nano /recalbox/share/system/configs/mupen64/gles2n64.conf
and changing all settings - including Framebuffer and VI - to 1080p

Dzięki.

RE: ANNOUNCING RECALBOX FOR THE ROCK64 - ALPHA RELEASE - Danielsan - 05-04-2018

Eventually I got a 64GB flashcard and I flashed Recalbox, it started however the booting is pretty messy with a lot of issue about ext2/3 partitions... I figured out that it was normal because the alpha state. I confirm that my gamepad works out of the box with Recalbox for R64, thanks!

RE: ANNOUNCING RECALBOX FOR THE ROCK64 - ALPHA RELEASE - Luke - 05-04-2018

Danielsan, yep thats normal (for now) - will be dealt with eventually. By Beta no doubt.
S3phi40T, I can confirm the issue with Xbox 1 and PS4 BT gamepads.

RE: ANNOUNCING RECALBOX FOR THE ROCK64 - ALPHA RELEASE - Raere - 05-04-2018

Dualshock 4 works with after you configure it manually with bluetoothctl
3D PS1 games aren't going too well. Do you anticipate being able to improve performance with future updates, or is that just the hardware's limit?
It's possible it's throttling because I don't have a heatsink on. I bought one and will install it to see if that helps.

RE: ANNOUNCING RECALBOX FOR THE ROCK64 - ALPHA RELEASE - Danielsan - 05-04-2018

Hi, I can't see the N64 emulator neither I find a way to download the core...
Is there anything else I have to do to enable the N64?

Thanks

RE: ANNOUNCING RECALBOX FOR THE ROCK64 - ALPHA RELEASE - Luke - 05-05-2018

PSX is silky smooth for me. [edit] Even with the enhanced resolution option ticked. Are you using any shaders ?

Could you please enable FPS counter and report the FPS in Tekken 3 please? I literally haven't had a single game dip below its intended framerate, so something is not right.

As for N64 you need games in .z64 format (not .zip) - I suspect thats why you're not 'seeing' the emulator.

Logs please! Otherwise its a guessing game...

RE: ANNOUNCING RECALBOX FOR THE ROCK64 - ALPHA RELEASE - Danielsan - 05-05-2018

Where are stored the logs? I can enter through ssh and providing them.

Unfortunately my PSX emulation is pretty awful, very poor performance, and after copied the bios files the video doesn't work properly I get a black screen while the music run from the speaker.