PINE64
Networking trouble - Printable Version

+- PINE64 (https://forum.pine64.org)
+-- Forum: PINE A64(+) (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General Discussion on PINE A64(+) (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Networking trouble (/showthread.php?tid=522)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Networking trouble - pine.tree - 04-01-2016

Oh, i was suggesting leaving the ethernet out, to see if that helps the pink/green color loop you talked about. For the download speeds, i would suggest testing your card with this tool: http://wiki.pine64.org/index.php/Pine_A64_Software_Release#Detecting_USB_Counterfeit_Drives

I think the slow download is really your card's write speeds bottlenecking the internet speed.

RE: Networking trouble - s21 - 04-01-2016

Okay thanks will give it a go!

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

(04-01-2016, 07:59 AM)pine.tree Wrote: Oh, i was suggesting leaving the ethernet out, to see if that helps the pink/green color loop you talked about. For the download speeds, i would suggest testing your card with this tool: http://wiki.pine64.org/index.php/Pine_A64_Software_Release#Detecting_USB_Counterfeit_Drives

I think the slow download is really your card's write speeds bottlenecking the internet speed.
Tried booting and leaving out the cat 5 still get pink hue to the screen

[Image: b02ea9df16f64f89aaa2afdff358b739.jpg]

Either have to wait around 5-10 minutes for it to return itself or I can change the HDMI input on the TV away and back again and it regains full colour!

[Image: 6bee7aa9aa06105695dad9ca7f59aaa2.jpg]

RE: Networking trouble - pine.tree - 04-01-2016

Once you switch the inputs on your tv away and back to the Pine, the color is corrected. Does it stay like that "forever", or does it switch back to the weird hues? 

I would also have the SD card test running while you check up on the video output. Those download speeds shouldn't be nearly as low as they are, i really think it's your SD card.

(04-01-2016, 11:13 AM)pine.tree Wrote: Once you switch the inputs on your tv away and back to the Pine, the color is corrected. Does it stay like that "forever", or does it switch back to the weird hues? 

I would also have the SD card test running while you check up on the video output. Those download speeds shouldn't be nearly as low as they are, i really think it's your SD card.
Yes when I switch back it will go pink again after 15 or so minutes, I will check my sd card tonight

(04-01-2016, 11:16 AM)s21 Wrote:
(04-01-2016, 11:13 AM)pine.tree Wrote: Once you switch the inputs on your tv away and back to the Pine, the color is corrected. Does it stay like that "forever", or does it switch back to the weird hues? 

Yes when I switch back it will go pink again after 15 or so minutes, I will check my sd card tonight

[Image: e89ac823815397d1e5292f90fe62064e.jpg]

Says the card passed, does the read/write speed look OK?

(04-01-2016, 02:16 PM)s21 Wrote:
(04-01-2016, 11:16 AM)s21 Wrote:

[Image: e89ac823815397d1e5292f90fe62064e.jpg]

Says the card passed, does the read/write speed look OK?

I have also just burnt a new image of android 20160216 onto another micro sd card this time a SanDisk 8gb class 10 and the download speed is exactly the same as for the 16gb samsung class 10 card

RE: Networking trouble - s21 - 04-02-2016

Pretty sure the pink hue is a faulty hdmi out, have tried with 4 different lengths of hdmi and the same happens!

RE: Networking trouble - pine.tree - 04-02-2016

If you have access to another monitor or TV, I would try and see if the pink hue is on another screen. That way we can know for sure that it's the Pine hdmi port.

As for the download speeds, your card looks like it'll work but I'm still not sure why the download speed is still much slower than your SD card's speed. Maybe after verifying that the pink hue issue is with the Pine, I could assume there is something else wrong with the Pine's Ethernet port or something and blame the slow download speeds on the Pine as well. Your peripherals look good, I think it may be a bad Pine.

RE: Networking trouble - s21 - 04-02-2016

(04-02-2016, 06:14 AM)pine.tree Wrote: If you have access to another monitor or TV, I would try and see if the pink hue is on another screen. That way we can know for sure that it's the Pine hdmi port.

As for the download speeds, your card looks like it'll work but I'm still not sure why the download speed is still much slower than your SD card's speed. Maybe after verifying that the pink hue issue is with the Pine, I could assume there is something else wrong with the Pine's Ethernet port or something and blame the slow download speeds on the Pine as well. Your peripherals look good, I think it may be a bad Pine.
Unfortunately I think your right, I managed to get kodi downloaded and installed overnight, it was still only at 80% this morning! Managed to get a movie scanned in from my nas drive and it wouldn't play as the connection timed out, seems to be just a faulty ethernet port rather than online download speed, any idea how to organise a replacement? There online support form doesn't seem to be active at the moment.
Thanks for your help!