PINE64
(ARCHIVED) Debian Jessie Images (3.10.102 BSP Kernel) New Release - Printable Version

+- PINE64 (https://forum.pine64.org)
+-- Forum: PINE A64(+) (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Linux on Pine A64(+) (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: Debian (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+---- Thread: (ARCHIVED) Debian Jessie Images (3.10.102 BSP Kernel) New Release (/showthread.php?tid=497)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

RE: Debian Jessie Images (3.10.65 BSP Kernel) - rahlquist - 04-16-2016

(04-16-2016, 12:10 PM)Dawars Wrote: I would like to user oracle java, there is even an ARM version of it but I don't know how to install it.
I know it's working on the rPi, how about the Pine64?

p.s: I only found openjdk-7 but that's probably good for now, thanks

apt-cache search java 

The above line will show you all packages related to java available from apt-get. I see over 2600 packages that mention java.

As far as what works on rPi and comparing it to what is available for the Pine64, people need to step back and understand a few things.

The Raspberry Pi has been out for over 4 years. The Pine, hasn't finished it initial shipment. This is a huge difference in terms of development and maturity. The folks working to get us working OS's are doing a fantastic job, especially those working on the linux solutions with virtually no support or reason to do so other than the love of what they do. 

The Pi is backed by a non profit that is trying to spread education, which gets tons of backing from for-profit companies looking for good press and a write off. 

The Pi has some of the same issues we are/will be facing in regards to parts of their platform is not open, thats why Android still to this date wont run on the Pi in a usable manner. 

As for up to date code, it takes time, and maturity(of the os and hw platform) and support from a community. The Pi is running a much more mature kernel. Even with that, last time I checked the Pi3 was still not running a true 64 bit version of an OS. 

It is a shame that during the kickstarter so much of the marketing push was on how the Pine64 compared to the Pi2 and those before it. We are now waiting for the Pine folks to deliver the functionality on the HW they sold us.

RE: Debian Jessie Images (3.10.65 BSP Kernel) - Dawars - 04-16-2016

Yes, I underastand that, I'll be patient.
Thanks for the help.

RE: Debian Jessie Images (3.10.65 BSP Kernel) - umiddelb - 04-16-2016

Please try to find the answer to your question by using one of your preferred search engines first (oracle jdk debian).
The first hit will lead you to this page from the Debian Wiki, explaining the necessary steps to install the Oracle JDK.

(04-16-2016, 01:33 PM)umiddelb Wrote: Please try to find the answer to your question by using one of your preferred search engines first (oracle jdk debian).
The first hit will lead you to this page from the Debian Wiki, explaining the necessary steps to install the Oracle JDK.

Now I get this error after make-jpkg jre-8u77-linux-x64.tar.gz:
Code:
Testing extracted archive... okay.

Create debian package:
dpkg-buildpackage: source package oracle-java8-jre
dpkg-buildpackage: source version 8u77
dpkg-buildpackage: source distribution unstable
dpkg-buildpackage: source changed by Debian Java Maintainers <pkg-java-maintainers@lists.alioth.debian.org>
dpkg-buildpackage: host architecture arm64
dpkg-source --before-build package
debian/rules clean
dh clean
  dh_testdir
  dh_auto_clean
  dh_clean
debian/rules build
dh build
  dh_testdir
  dh_auto_configure
  dh_auto_build
  dh_auto_test
debian/rules binary
dh binary
  dh_testroot
  dh_prep
  dh_auto_install
  dh_install
  dh_installdocs
  dh_installchangelogs
  dh_perl
  dh_link
  debian/rules override_dh_compress
make[1]: Entering directory '/tmp/make-jpkg.4f6l5EWRWR/package'
dh_compress usr/lib/jvm//jre-8-oracle-x64/man/man1/servertool.1 usr/lib/jvm//jre-8-oracle-x64/man/man1/pack200.1 usr/lib/jvm//jre-8-oracle-x64/man/man1/rmid.1 usr/lib/jvm//jre-8-oracle-x64/man/man1/rmiregistry.1 usr/lib/jvm//jre-8-oracle-x64/man/man1/keytool.1 usr/lib/jvm//jre-8-oracle-x64/man/man1/tnameserv.1 usr/lib/jvm//jre-8-oracle-x64/man/man1/javaws.1 usr/lib/jvm//jre-8-oracle-x64/man/man1/policytool.1 usr/lib/jvm//jre-8-oracle-x64/man/man1/java.1 usr/lib/jvm//jre-8-oracle-x64/man/man1/unpack200.1 usr/lib/jvm//jre-8-oracle-x64/man/man1/jjs.1 usr/lib/jvm//jre-8-oracle-x64/man/man1/orbd.1 usr/lib/jvm//jre-8-oracle-x64/man/ja_JP.UTF-8/man1/servertool.1 usr/lib/jvm//jre-8-oracle-x64/man/ja_JP.UTF-8/man1/pack200.1 usr/lib/jvm//jre-8-oracle-x64/man/ja_JP.UTF-8/man1/rmid.1 usr/lib/jvm//jre-8-oracle-x64/man/ja_JP.UTF-8/man1/rmiregistry.1 usr/lib/jvm//jre-8-oracle-x64/man/ja_JP.UTF-8/man1/keytool.1 usr/lib/jvm//jre-8-oracle-x64/man/ja_JP.UTF-8/man1/tnameserv.1 usr/lib/jvm//jre-8-oracle-x64/man/ja_JP.UTF-8/man1/javaws.1 usr/lib/jvm//jre-8-oracle-x64/man/ja_JP.UTF-8/man1/policytool.1 usr/lib/jvm//jre-8-oracle-x64/man/ja_JP.UTF-8/man1/java.1 usr/lib/jvm//jre-8-oracle-x64/man/ja_JP.UTF-8/man1/unpack200.1 usr/lib/jvm//jre-8-oracle-x64/man/ja_JP.UTF-8/man1/jjs.1 usr/lib/jvm//jre-8-oracle-x64/man/ja_JP.UTF-8/man1/orbd.1
make[1]: Leaving directory '/tmp/make-jpkg.4f6l5EWRWR/package'
  dh_fixperms
  dh_strip
strip: Unable to recognise the format of the input file `debian/oracle-java8-jre/usr/lib/jvm/jre-8-oracle-x64/lib/amd64/libglass.so'
dh_strip: strip --remove-section=.comment --remove-section=.note --strip-unneeded debian/oracle-java8-jre/usr/lib/jvm/jre-8-oracle-x64/lib/amd64/libglass.so returned exit code 1
debian/rules:4: recipe for target 'binary' failed
make: *** [binary] Error 29
dpkg-buildpackage: error: debian/rules binary gave error exit status 2

Aborted (-us).

Removing temporary directory: done

RE: Debian Jessie Images (3.10.65 BSP Kernel) - androsch - 04-16-2016

You tried to install an amd64 package for the arm64 system, this needs to fail of course.
Check eigther for the correct versions or just use

sudo apt-get install openjdk-7-jre

Seems you are not that familiar with arm/amd?

Gesendet von meinem K00L mit Tapatalk

(04-16-2016, 03:32 PM)androsch Wrote: You tried to install an amd64 package for the arm64 system, this needs to fail of course.
Check eigther for the correct versions or just use

sudo apt-get install openjdk-7-jre

Seems you are not that familiar with arm/amd?

Gesendet von meinem K00L mit Tapatalk

Sorry, I know the difference, I wasn't paying enough attention.

RE: Debian Jessie Images (3.10.65 BSP Kernel) - cbogdan - 04-17-2016

What is the difference between the Debian Root FS and the Debian Image? When should I use one or the other? Thank you.

RE: Debian Jessie Images (3.10.65 BSP Kernel) - frewind - 04-17-2016

(04-17-2016, 09:49 AM)cbogdan Wrote: What is the difference between the Debian Root FS and the Debian Image? When should I use one or the other? Thank you.

The Debian Root FS is just that, the root file system (with Debian binaries), but the Image would contain the boot partition (/boot with the Kernel)

Most will use an Image to burn to their SD card, but if you want to build your own Image then you could assemble the thing yourself.

RE: Debian Jessie Images (3.10.65 BSP Kernel) - Informatica - 04-17-2016

Hi guys,
sorry for my noob question but the listed images are not *.img file (tar.gz and img.xz). So, how can I create a bootable sd card from that?

Thanks in advance

RE: Debian Jessie Images (3.10.65 BSP Kernel) - lenny.raposo-pine64.pro - 04-17-2016

the tar.gz are rootfs to be used with any kernel build you can come up with for th epine now the img.xz are teh fully images.

you must simply use something like 7zip to decompress teh file. Once decompressed you should have a full img to burn to sd card Wink

Sorry I have been inactive for a bit as I have been dealing with real life last couple of days (my daughter had surgery and family events).

I want to update everyone in regards to the tutorial and bug reporting site.

I initially was using Wordpress to do things but found it limited and slow for what we the community need it to do so I started working on something a lot better and speedier. It will also tie into the forum in regards to updating the bug reports and solutions for all OSes supported for the Pine 64.

I have also solved the pulseaudio issue recently which many have been suffering from (for those who didn't go the ALSA route I posted) and I have been working away at the 2d/3d Acceleration problem too. tllim (from Pine 64 Team) will be sending me the Mali binary for linux sometime soon so stay tuned.

I am also trying to fix the Android issues with the 2GB boards (I know ambitious).

New images are in the works as well with the applied patches for sound/audio and video/acceleration. These images will include Debian 8 Jessie, Ubuntu 16.04 and 14.04.

As soon as I am done with the bug reporting scripts I will post links to the site for all to see and use and I will post the pulseaudio permanent fix once I get some clients out of the way.

See you all soon Wink