PINE64
(ARCHIVED) Debian Jessie Images (3.10.102 BSP Kernel) New Release - Printable Version

+- PINE64 (https://forum.pine64.org)
+-- Forum: PINE A64(+) (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Linux on Pine A64(+) (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: Debian (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+---- Thread: (ARCHIVED) Debian Jessie Images (3.10.102 BSP Kernel) New Release (/showthread.php?tid=497)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

RE: Debian Jessie Images (3.10.102 BSP Kernel) New Release - dkryder - 07-06-2016

i have 2 ethernet ports. eth0 & eth1, if i use only eth1 then the issue with eth0, the ethernet port on the board, taking so long to time out. that does not need to be that way.

RE: Debian Jessie Images (3.10.102 BSP Kernel) New Release - Luke - 07-06-2016

gparted GUI works just fine for resizing if the script is broken

RE: Debian Jessie Images (3.10.102 BSP Kernel) New Release - Prophesi - 07-08-2016

If you're running the headless image and have problems with the resize script and don't want to use parted, I was able to get GParted running over X11. You just need to make sure to carry over the keys from ~/.Xauthority to the root user ( as regular user, run `xauth list`, then add the keys when running root with `xauth add [key]`. That gets rid of the permission error you might get )

RE: Debian Jessie Images (3.10.102 BSP Kernel) New Release - lenny.raposo-pine64.pro - 07-08-2016

Thanks to Xalius the issue with the resize_script has been identified. I will post the fix today

RE: Debian Jessie Images (3.10.102 BSP Kernel) New Release - coolnine98 - 07-08-2016

I have installed on m y 2gb board and working great but reboot option doesnt work. I tried from the menu and also from the right side too.  (Solved!!!. Now its working)

BUT I still have the Bluetooth isssue, I can see my Microsoft Wedge mouse but when I click it wont connect.

RE: Debian Jessie Images (3.10.102 BSP Kernel) New Release - jkmooney - 07-12-2016

(03-30-2016, 12:24 AM)lenny.raposo-pine64.pro Wrote: Very nice Smile  Compared to RemixOS, Debian/Mate is downright "snappy" on the Pine64.  If drivers come available for hardware accelerated video, this would easily replace RemixOS as the preferred way to go.  With Debian, I can even think about handling guitar input via Guitarx and Jack...(if the kernel is quick enough)...

Debian Jessie Base & Mate Images June 30th 2016 Are Up

I have built a new Desktop based image and Headless image for the Pine A64 and A64+ Models (512Mb, 1Gb and 2Gb). These works are based on longsleep's kernel/uboot build and come with his scripts for providing future updates to uboot, kernel and future fixes (such as PulseAudio).

The Headless release (base) is without a desktop UI.

The Desktop release comes packed with the following:

Mate Desktop Environment
Bluetooth Enabled
Hardware Video Decode (VDPau)
FBTurbo Xorg Package
Sunxi Display Tool (Thanks to longsleep)
Display Resolution Set To 1280x720p60 On Boot
Sound Is Now Fixed (Using PulseAudio Instead Of ALSA Only)

Latest longsleep Kernel (3.10.102)
Kodi 16.X (Works In Windowed Mode View Screenshots Below)
LibreOffice
Midori & Firefox
The GIMP & Inkscape
and more...

To Download visit https://www.pine64.pro/downloads/#Debian-Linux

This time around the username and password has changed

Username: debian
Password: debian

Don't forget to resize your rootfs with resize_rootfs.sh on first boot.

As always feedback is welcome

Tutorial And Resource Site Is Up

As I have mentioned before I have been working away on a Tutorial/Resource site for the community and I am glad to say it is up but not entirely completed.

I have a few tutorials in the works (screenshots and all) that are undergoing the editing process not to mention some of the site mechanics that are in the works. Thus far I have documents and every image available for download from my servers and some news items (Backerkit news) posted already.

The intention of this site is to share information and provide resources in a more refined manner and not to take away from the Forum or Wiki. Anything and Everything that goes up on the Tutorial/Resource site will be duplicated and added to the Official Pine64 Wiki and/or Forum where ever applicable.

Furthermore, as this is a community effort, myself and a select group of individuals will be taking in any tutorials, OS images, software and useful information from those of you who wish to add to the knowledge base for the Pine64.

Please note that this is not an Official Pine64 site, but I will be providing a level of access to the Pine64 Team in hopes of doubling our efforts in building a large and prosperous community. Think of it as Debian/Ubuntu or Android/Linux kind of relationship.

With that all being said let me introduce you all to Pine64.Pro.

Bug Reports Forum Is Up

Please post any issues to the Linux 3.10.65 BSP Kernel Build Bug Reports forum. Be sure to read the first post before posting.

Thanks everyone Smile

Tutorial/Resource Site Coming To The Web Near You

Just wanted to let everyone know that aside from putting together images and helping folks in the community I am also developing a website for all sorts of Pine64 related news, tutorials, software and showcases.

I hope to have something up by next week Tuesday.

So hang tight and remember if I can help you I will do my best to do so. Also remember to give longsleep, apritzel and umiddelb a high five for their contributions in the Linux ecosphere for the Pine64. I know that without them I would not have been able to put most of this together.

Also thank the Pine guys that actually spend time to interact with the community, it's great to see them take the time to get involved in their current busy schedules.

RE: Debian Jessie Images (3.10.102 BSP Kernel) New Release - Newfies - 07-12-2016

Just fired it up on my 1 GB Pine 64.

REALLY fast boot.

I encountered the resize_rootfs error where it reports there's nothing to do, but I found GParted under the admin menu and that worked fine.

The sound out via the analog jack didn't seem to be working. I looked at the sound control panel and the PulseAudio controls, but couldn't get any sound.

The wifi (via Pine wifi module) was flakey/not working. Said it was connected but wasn't really. Not a very strong transmitter I was trying to reach though. I have a Alpha antenna to try next.

I didn't have time to play with it much and will have another go tomorrow.

Cheers!

RE: Debian Jessie Images (3.10.102 BSP Kernel) New Release - jkmooney - 07-13-2016

(07-06-2016, 04:55 AM)Luke Wrote: gparted GUI works just fine for resizing if the script is broken

I can second that, gParted did just fine to recover the extra disk space and add it to root.

RE: Debian Jessie Images (3.10.102 BSP Kernel) New Release - balaji_pitchumani - 07-16-2016

Many thanks.

I got my 2GB few days back. Objective was to use as a media center. Ethernet on Android did not work. Tried with newest Android release 2 days back, still ethernet fails. Installed Ubuntu, ethernet was better but could not get desktop to work. Finally installed the latest Debian release with desktop, its now fine to use as a desktop. Kodi is built into the image, nice. Kodi in full window is not usable however as said in the release notes, in non-windowed mode, Kodi is very slow and does not recognize SMB etc.

Any suggestion or alternatives to try, please suggest to make it a full fledged media center box. Thanks.

RE: Debian Jessie Images (3.10.102 BSP Kernel) New Release - balaji_pitchumani - 07-16-2016

This morning went to a Login loop..after entering debian password in the login window, screen blanks and come back to login window again. Tried change the session manager to MATE, 2 KODI ones or default..no impact..tried Ctrl+Alt+F3 and other function keys, could not go open terminal to check further...please help.