PINE64
Got your PINE64 board yet? Post here! - Printable Version

+- PINE64 (https://forum.pine64.org)
+-- Forum: General (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=74)
+---- Forum: Shipment Related Discussion (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=30)
+---- Thread: Got your PINE64 board yet? Post here! (/showthread.php?tid=384)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

RE: Got your PINE64 board yet? Post here! - rahlquist - 03-30-2016

(03-30-2016, 08:50 AM)GoZone Wrote: Finally is shipping now, it's in Chicago now in my tracking right now.

(03-29-2016, 06:23 AM)gbjensen Wrote: Hi Artyom, Why didn't you put a heatsink on the A64 ARM CPU? Copper or Alu heatsinks ? The colour also have en impact on the thermal resistance. Black is better to radiate heat than blank surfaces. The voltage regulator next to the micro USB connector might also benefit a added heatsink. (only a suggestion. I'm a April backer and haven't got my Pine A64 jet)

Hey can you post instructions how to do it?

A piece of free advice. If you are going to apply heatsinks on a device like this without building elaborate fastening systems there are 2 real correct ways to do so. 

Use quality heatsink thermal adhesive. How do you know if its quality? Buy it from a large company like Mouser or Jameco etc. Look for brands like Power Devices, Bergquist or Chomerics. You may be able to remove these in the future

The other choice is a thermal epoxy, this is permanent. You wont be removing this in most cases without damage. Same as above, quality product for a quality result. 

If you use cheap products like those Raspberry Pi heatsinks that sell on Ebay for $5 or less a set, chances are you will get a chunk of metal with a piece of double sided adhesive applied that as time goes on will allow the heat sinks to slide off the chip. Nothing like a piece of metal flopping around inside your case.

RE: Got your PINE64 board yet? Post here! - deiniol39 - 03-30-2016

Got mine today, Wales, UK

Think it's faulty though, been playing for 3hrs can even get a screen to work on it, just shows no signal. Tried numerous versions of the different OS available...

Have ordered a new cable (Even though I have one that works fine with my PI) if that doesn't work it's going in the bin, I have tried everything on these forums..

Not very happy with this product so far.. Dodgy

RE: Got your PINE64 board yet? Post here! - HeadShot - 03-30-2016

high number March buyer - Got mine in today 2GB version.  Plus they included a loose switch to use for power or reset.  Never did get an email with tracking info beforehand.  I just tracked it now it took 9 days from China to southern New Jersey, USA

Board has a bit of a curl to it but I'm thinking it should be fine.

[Image: 26075033431_d8984f8e44_b.jpg]20160330_173038 by Ivan Domazet, on Flickr

RE: Got your PINE64 board yet? Post here! - rahlquist - 03-31-2016

(03-30-2016, 03:38 PM)deiniol39 Wrote: Got mine today, Wales, UK

Think it's faulty though, been playing for 3hrs can even get a screen to work on it, just shows no signal. Tried numerous versions of the different OS available...

Have ordered a new cable (Even though I have one that works fine with my PI) if that doesn't work it's going in the bin, I have tried everything on these forums..

So far I have only spent about 30 minutes with mine but I can tell you, it did not work on a 21" Vizio tv I had from 2008, but did work on a Panasonic I have from 2006. On the Vizio I had the same symptoms as you, no video at all. The Vizio works fine with my Pi model B so all I can guess is the Pine has a problem with its HDMI implementation.

RE: Got your PINE64 board yet? Post here! - stephen fleming - 03-31-2016

(03-30-2016, 03:38 PM)deiniol39 Wrote: Got mine today, Wales, UK

I had a Odroid XU4 that had the same problem. I was advised on the Odroid forum that there was a problem with a number of 3 foot cables working with the XU4, so i bought a 6 foot cable and it worked fine.

RE: Got your PINE64 board yet? Post here! - pine.tree - 03-31-2016

I really think it's a cable issue- i thought about getting 3rd party wifi adapters, and 3rd party cables but i decided to go with what would definitely work with the Pine64, its own addons.

RE: Got your PINE64 board yet? Post here! - rahlquist - 03-31-2016

(03-31-2016, 07:59 AM)pine.tree Wrote: I really think it's a cable issue- i thought about getting 3rd party wifi adapters, and 3rd party cables but i decided to go with what would definitely work with the Pine64, its own addons.

Well in my case I have tried 3 different cables, none work on the Vizio, all work on the Panasonic.

RE: Got your PINE64 board yet? Post here! - pine.tree - 03-31-2016

(03-31-2016, 08:10 AM)rahlquist Wrote:
(03-31-2016, 07:59 AM)pine.tree Wrote: I really think it's a cable issue- i thought about getting 3rd party wifi adapters, and 3rd party cables but i decided to go with what would definitely work with the Pine64, its own addons.

Well in my case I have tried 3 different cables, none work on the Vizio, all work on the Panasonic.

Jeez, buying and trying different cables is ok (i guess) but buying and trying TV's... i really hope there's a patch for the HDMI. Firmware update, something. I haven't gotten mine yet, but i'm really hoping to get my big monitor to work with it.

RE: Got your PINE64 board yet? Post here! - W1SPY - 03-31-2016

February Backer 2gb, board was manufactured 2-25-16 so be patient people and my tracking was never updated but i have received! Be patient with the OS install and use quality power parts, phoenix is kind of hit or miss use Win32DiskImager!

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

RE: Got your PINE64 board yet? Post here! - sel303 - 04-01-2016

Got mine yesterday. Display shows great on my HP 27" IPS monitor. Boot loop with Remix, didn't get to try another OS

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk