PINE64
Got your PINE64 board yet? Post here! - Printable Version

+- PINE64 (https://forum.pine64.org)
+-- Forum: General (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=74)
+---- Forum: Shipment Related Discussion (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=30)
+---- Thread: Got your PINE64 board yet? Post here! (/showthread.php?tid=384)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

RE: Got your PINE64 board yet? Post here! - CaptainZalo - 04-09-2016

It's a kickstarter. Not only do we get working boards, but a great community and an active development team for the itty bitty money we chipped in. The Pine crew has exceeded all my expectations on dedication, delivery and development. Some kickstarters just absorb money. As backers, we should just accept that Rome was not built in a day.

Got your PINE64 board yet? Post here! - eric2905 - 04-09-2016

Hi ViperVi,

(04-08-2016, 02:23 PM)ViperVi Wrote: This puts me in no. 22 in ...

same to me.
But hey, it's kickstarter. Anything can happen here.

I'm waiting for a 360 degree camera (approx. 500 US$) for more than one year. Promised calculated) delivery was begin december 2014.

So keep cool and calm down [emoji3]

Greetings,
Eric

RE: Got your PINE64 board yet? Post here! - Xeonman - 04-10-2016

I ordered the top pine64+2gb. Hopefuly shipout sooner than may.

RE: Got your PINE64 board yet? Post here! - samandiriel - 04-10-2016

I received my pine64+ 2GB earlier this week.  After scrounging a while to find an old machine with Windows on it so I could use Phoenix to burn an SD card image (wouldn't work in my VM), I tried out Remix OS on a Sony 64GB card I bought for a different project.  It booted up just fine first time with nothing attached save the monitor.  I used my Pi 2A power supply, which worked fine.

I am now searching thru my USB wifi and bt dongles to find ones that will work with Remix, but no joy yet.  I may give up on that and just hook up the ethernet cable, but then I have to dig out my ethernet over power line box from where ever it is hiding...

So far it's been responsive and snappy other than occasionally freezing for a half second after clicking on some controls.

Overall I'm very pleased, and looking forward to seeing how well it works as a simple media/game station to start.

UPDATE:  Plugged in an ethernet cable and it worked no problems.  Downloading new apps from the Play store as I type this Smile

UPDATE II:  Pix of it running on my den 50" TV with wireless kb/trackpad Smile

[Image: BWgqIjW.jpg]

[Image: eUz7jMJ.jpg]

RE: Got your PINE64 board yet? Post here! - peterz - 04-11-2016

(04-10-2016, 04:09 PM)samandiriel Wrote: UPDATE II:  Pix of it running on my den 50" TV with wireless kb/trackpad Smile

What USB-BT dongle are you using? Brand and model?
I really like that BT keyboard with touchpad. What brand and model is that one also?

RE: Got your PINE64 board yet? Post here! - samandiriel - 04-11-2016

(04-11-2016, 01:38 AM)peterz Wrote:
(04-10-2016, 04:09 PM)samandiriel Wrote: UPDATE II:  Pix of it running on my den 50" TV with wireless kb/trackpad Smile

What USB-BT dongle are you using? Brand and model?
I really like that BT keyboard with touchpad. What brand and model is that one also?

I'm not using a generic BT dongle - none of the ones I own work :Sad This particular kb comes with it's own device-specific dongle.

It is a nice little kb, called the iPazzPort.  Overall I'm quite pleased with it, but the mappings of the buttons to Android specific functions is not obvious.  However, the multimedia keys and the like work with Remix, so that's a bonus Smile

RE: Got your PINE64 board yet? Post here! - ViperVi - 04-11-2016

(04-09-2016, 01:15 AM)eric2905 Wrote: Hi ViperVi,

(04-08-2016, 02:23 PM)ViperVi Wrote: This puts me in no. 22 in ...

same to me.
But hey, it's kickstarter. Anything can happen here.

I'm waiting for a 360 degree camera (approx. 500 US$) for more than one year. Promised calculated) delivery was begin december 2014.

So keep cool and calm down [emoji3]

Greetings,
Eric

Hi Eric,

I'm absolutely calm and I knew the risks of backing a Kickstarter project.

Only thing that frustrates/disappoints me, is lack of clarity on the time lines.
When they brought in backer kit as a feature to add accessories, they should have clearly stated that it will delay the board by x number of days.
Had I known all that in advance, i would have just went ahead with the board and would have ordered the accessories later from the store.

Now, after the order is locked and everything, we're informed that these are the shipping timelines in the update 35. What was the point of being an early Feb backer shipping commitment, when most others have got their boards, while we wait.

They could have had the accessories ready to meet the timelines or should have informed all in advance about the probable delays that it may cause.

RE: Got your PINE64 board yet? Post here! - Tarjei85 - 04-11-2016

Got my pine 2gb +wifi/bt adon today, and to my big surprise everything is perfect. Well allmost. Not able to get root access on any of the android or remixOS builds available, and I need it for the Sixaxis app to be able to start its services so I can connect my PS4 gamecontroller to the pine.

Other than that everything is perfect. The board is streight as an arrow. No morphing of the board. Worked with my Samsung 55" HDtv with the first (supercheap) HDMI cable i found laying around. Allso worked with the first poweradapter (5v 2.0A) with a 2m cable (quite thin, but still seems to work good. No unexpected reboots of the board what so ever).

All in all I think I've been a lucky one recieving such a great product (concidering some of the feedback here on the forum).

RE: Got your PINE64 board yet? Post here! - gbjensen - 04-11-2016

(04-11-2016, 01:55 PM)Tarjei85 Wrote: Got my pine 2gb +wifi/bt adon today, and to my big surprise everything is perfect. Well allmost. Not able to get root access on any of the android or remixOS builds available, and I need it for the Sixaxis app to be able to start its services so I can connect my PS4 gamecontroller to the pine.

Other than that everything is perfect. The board is streight as an arrow. No morphing of the board. Worked with my Samsung 55" HDtv with the first (supercheap) HDMI cable i found laying around. Allso worked with the first poweradapter (5v 2.0A) with a 2m cable (quite thin, but still seems to work good. No unexpected reboots of the board what so ever).

All in all I think I've been a lucky one recieving such a great product (concidering some of the feedback here on the forum).
Hi Tarjei85

Many thanks for your report Big Grin . I have jet not got mine, but it's not so urgent for me jet. I'm pleased to be part of this fantastic Kickstarter project. I'm 150% sure the lads behind it will do whatever they can to deliver and support us all. 
Please be a bit patient and be happy to get a very competitive and brand new promising brand new quad core 64 bit MCU board with a lot of potentials to full fill your project plans.

Cheers and thumbs up! gbjensen  Smile

RE: Got your PINE64 board yet? Post here! - Unmanaged - 04-11-2016

Got Mine today!

I did wait a long while, but it's here! thanks!