PINE64
(ARCHIVED) Ubuntu Xenial Image (BSP Kernel) - Printable Version

+- PINE64 (https://forum.pine64.org)
+-- Forum: PINE A64(+) (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Linux on Pine A64(+) (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: Ubuntu (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Thread: (ARCHIVED) Ubuntu Xenial Image (BSP Kernel) (/showthread.php?tid=376)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34

RE: Ubuntu Xenial Image (BSP Kernel) - joe - 04-22-2016

(04-22-2016, 05:36 AM)MrWizerd Wrote: You could really add a small heatsink to the chip that would help or suppose slowing it down is an option, just stems more logical to add a sink with the thermally conductive adhesive to solve that problem

but for now the heatsink can't know use @tllim heatsink or himself e.g amazon buy for good effect........ Undecided

RE: Ubuntu Xenial Image (BSP Kernel) - longsleep - 04-22-2016

(04-22-2016, 05:28 AM)joe Wrote: Can you create one version linux underclocking A64 soc Mhz  for the server ?
you may know server is 24 hour to running can't for the long time  temperature is hot !

Why - if you want it to run slower just use sysfs to change the speed/governor to whatever you like.

RE: Ubuntu Xenial Image (BSP Kernel) - joe - 04-22-2016

(04-22-2016, 11:08 AM)longsleep Wrote:
(04-22-2016, 05:28 AM)joe Wrote: Can you create one version linux underclocking A64 soc Mhz  for the server ?
you may know server is 24 hour to running can't for the long time  temperature is hot !

Why - if you want it to run slower just use sysfs to change the speed/governor to whatever you like.

Ok , Thank your teach i will look how to use sysfs

RE: Ubuntu Xenial Image (BSP Kernel) - Pirin - 04-22-2016

(04-05-2016, 11:07 AM)ak_hepcat Wrote: just booted my p64  with the 'disp.screen0_output_mode=EDID'  cmd line/

on my DELL U2410, i get no video by default.    by using that cmdline flag, i get working video. :-)

(this doesn't help my little 7" screen, though - it's not supporting the resolution, i'm sure)

Pardon my linux ignorance, but would you mind sharing how you added this flag?  I tried to modify the /proc/cmdline file, but I cannot.  I then created a /root/cmdline file with the appropriate content, and tried to use a bind mount, but that change didn't persist after a reboot.

Thanks

RE: Ubuntu Xenial Image (BSP Kernel) - patrickhwood - 04-22-2016

(04-22-2016, 04:40 PM)Pirin Wrote:
(04-05-2016, 11:07 AM)ak_hepcat Wrote: just booted my p64  with the 'disp.screen0_output_mode=EDID'  cmd line/

on my DELL U2410, i get no video by default.    by using that cmdline flag, i get working video. :-)

(this doesn't help my little 7" screen, though - it's not supporting the resolution, i'm sure)

Pardon my linux ignorance, but would you mind sharing how you added this flag?  I tried to modify the /proc/cmdline file, but I cannot.  I then created a /root/cmdline file with the appropriate content, and tried to use a bind mount, but that change didn't persist after a reboot.

Thanks

The contents of /proc/cmdline are read-only and come from the actual arguments passed to the kernel by the boot loader. To change the kernel arguments, you have to change a file that's read by uboot off of the first partition on the SD card.  It should be in /boot/uEnv.txt; if /dev/mmcblk0p1 isn't mounted on /boot, you'll have to mount it first to get at uEnv.txt.

(04-22-2016, 11:16 AM)joe Wrote:
(04-22-2016, 11:08 AM)longsleep Wrote:

Ok , Thank your teach i will look how to use sysfs

Code:
# cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_available_governors
interactive conservative ondemand userspace powersave performance 
# cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor
interactive
# echo powersave > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor
# cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor
powersave
#
You can put shell code in /etc/rc.local (before the "exit 0") that will execute after the board boots.

RE: Ubuntu Xenial Image (BSP Kernel) - Pirin - 04-23-2016

(04-22-2016, 09:17 PM)patrickhwood Wrote:
(04-22-2016, 04:40 PM)Pirin Wrote:

Thanks

The contents of /proc/cmdline are read-only and come from the actual arguments passed to the kernel by the boot loader. To change the kernel arguments, you have to change a file that's read by uboot off of the first partition on the SD card.  It should be in /boot/uEnv.txt; if /dev/mmcblk0p1 isn't mounted on /boot, you'll have to mount it first to get at uEnv.txt.

Awesome!  Thank you for the pointer.  I modified uEnv.txt to append 'disp.screen0_output_mode=EDID' to the end of the first line.  After rebooting, 'cat /proc/cmdline' showed that the disp parameter was indeed loaded.  Unfortunately, I still get no signal output to my monitor via the DVI cable Sad Oh well.  At least I know how to add kernel parameters.    Thanks again.

RE: Ubuntu Xenial Image (BSP Kernel) - longsleep - 04-24-2016

I just uploaded a new Ubuntu Xenial image which updates U-Boot, Kernel, Device trees and Rootfs to their latest releases, bringing Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus final release with all the latest and greatest fixes.

Get 20160424-1 from https://www.stdin.xyz/downloads/people/longsleep/pine64-images/ubuntu/

As always, for a list of changes and full details see the first post in this thread.

Ubuntu Xenial Image (BSP Kernel) - rolfl - 04-24-2016

(04-24-2016, 03:18 AM)longsleep Wrote: I just uploaded a new Ubuntu Xenial image which updates U-Boot, Kernel, Device trees and Rootfs to their latest releases, bringing Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus final release with all the latest and greatest fixes.

Get 20160424-1 from https://www.stdin.xyz/downloads/people/longsleep/pine64-images/ubuntu/

As always, for a list of changes and full details see the first post in this thread.

Is it required to flash the new image or will upgrading uboot, kernel, and apt-get upgrade get to the same point?

RE: Ubuntu Xenial Image (BSP Kernel) - longsleep - 04-24-2016

(04-24-2016, 08:35 AM)rolfl Wrote: Is it required to flash the new image or will upgrading uboot, kernel, and  apt-get upgrade get to the same point?

It should never be required to flash a new image. But, as i do not provide packaging, updates from the rootfs builder are not updated (eg. pine64 platform scripts and system services). You can make those changes on your existing installation at any time).

RE: Ubuntu Xenial Image (BSP Kernel) - androsch - 04-24-2016

(04-24-2016, 08:35 AM)rolfl Wrote:
(04-24-2016, 03:18 AM)longsleep Wrote: I just uploaded a new Ubuntu Xenial image which updates U-Boot, Kernel, Device trees and Rootfs to their latest releases, bringing Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus final release with all the latest and greatest fixes.

Is it required to flash the new image or will upgrading uboot, kernel, and apt-get upgrade get to the same point?
AFAIK you can upgrade with kernel and uboot script resp. apt-get. Please also note there is an additional script fixing some errors also:

See http://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=737

Gesendet von meinem K00L mit Tapatalk