PINE64
(ARCHIVED) Ubuntu Xenial Image (BSP Kernel) - Printable Version

+- PINE64 (https://forum.pine64.org)
+-- Forum: PINE A64(+) (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Linux on Pine A64(+) (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: Ubuntu (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Thread: (ARCHIVED) Ubuntu Xenial Image (BSP Kernel) (/showthread.php?tid=376)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34

RE: Ubuntu Xenial Image (BSP Kernel) - lenny.raposo-pine64.pro - 04-08-2016

Audio workaround is this

sudo apt-get install pavucontrol

go to Menu > Sound & Video > Pulse Audio Volume Control

Select Output Devices and on sndhdmi click advanced and set teh offset to 10.00 ms and minimize do not close the window Wink

Try playing audio after doing that.

Let me know the results Wink

RE: Ubuntu Xenial Image (BSP Kernel) - Hart - 04-08-2016

(04-08-2016, 10:42 AM)lenny.raposo Wrote: Audio workaround is this

sudo apt-get install pavucontrol

go to Menu > Sound & Video > Pulse Audio Volume Control

Select Output Devices and on sndhdmi click advanced and set teh offset to 10.00 ms and minimize do not close the window Wink

Try playing audio after doing that.

Let me know the results Wink

Thanks. That seemed to do the trick. 15.oo ms looks like the sweet spot. Is there a way to make that permanent or do I need to open pulse audio every time? There is hope for video acceleration. I have an orange pi pc that I have been playing with and  just recently found a debian Jessie image by armbian that has it. The OPI pc uses allwinner H3. The acceleration is based on Cedrus found here: linux-sunxi.org/Cedrus

RE: Ubuntu Xenial Image (BSP Kernel) - Pirin - 04-12-2016

First, I want to thank longsleep for all the work put into this image. I have successfully flashed my SD card with kernel 3.10.65-4-pine64-longsleep-16 and I can boot up on my 2GB Pine64 board. I am excited to see if this board will be able to replace my full Windows PC as my hobby CNC CAM machine.

Following janjwerner's post, I was able to get xubuntu installed and now I have a nice GUI on the Pine64; thanks for that.

The only issue that I have left to figure out is the power button. If I use the 'shutdown' menu item in xubuntu, the Pine64 board properly logs out and powers off (the red power LED turns off). However, I can't turn my board back on using the power button. If I press the power button on the board (I am shorting the through holes with a wire at the moment), the red power LED turns on for a few seconds, and then turns off again. My HDMI display never shows anything. I can do this any number of times, and I get the same results; red power LED turns on for a few seconds and then turns off. The only way that I am able to get the Pine64 board to boot again is to physically unplug the 2A power supply from the wall and then plug it back in. When I plug the power supply back into the wall, the board powers up on its own (I don't have to press the power button).

Has anyone else experienced this? Is there something that I need to do differently to get the power button to work (like do I have to press it and hold it for 5 seconds)? I would really like to use the power button instead of unplugging it from the wall each time I want to boot. Sorry if this is the wrong thread; I wasn't sure if it was related to the ubuntu image and its power management, or if it is a board issue.

RE: Ubuntu Xenial Image (BSP Kernel) - Vidiot - 04-12-2016

I downloaded the ubuntu image at the top of the "Download" Page. I am having audio issues as well, and will try either the settings or installing ALSA. Thanks for all the hard work you people put into this so end users like me can fiddle with the idea of a low power very portable linux environment (I have the 2GB model).

Stupid question time. I do use google hangouts and WebRTC occasionally. Is there any browser that can support these for any of the current linux distros? How likely am I to see that as a possibility in the future.

Thanks again!

RE: Ubuntu Xenial Image (BSP Kernel) - lenny.raposo-pine64.pro - 04-12-2016

(04-12-2016, 10:48 AM)Vidiot Wrote: I downloaded the ubuntu image at the top of the "Download" Page. I am having audio issues as well, and will try either the settings or installing ALSA. Thanks for all the hard work you people put into this so end users like me can fiddle with the idea of a low power very portable linux environment (I have the 2GB model).

Stupid question time. I do use google hangouts and WebRTC occasionally. Is there any browser that can support these for any of the current linux distros? How likely am I to see that as a possibility in the future.

Thanks again!

If you check the debian thread you will see a solution I posted for getting alsa going Wink

If you wait a few more days I will have a pulseaudio posted Wink

RE: Ubuntu Xenial Image (BSP Kernel) - ricktonoli - 04-13-2016

I've hit a bit of a wall and looking for suggestions. I'm wanting to use my Pine as a headless server, so far it's working awesome, but I need it to connect to shares I have on a NAS, trying to use the standard cifs-utils mount method gives me this:

mount error: cifs filesystem not supported by the system
mount error(19): No such device
Refer to the mount.cifs(8) manual page (e.g. man mount.cifs)

cifs-utils is already installed

It looks like there's no module support for cifs? If thats the case is there another method I could use to access the NAS drives? Any suggestions or am I missing something obvious here...

RE: Ubuntu Xenial Image (BSP Kernel) - patrickhwood - 04-14-2016

(04-13-2016, 04:09 AM)ricktonoli Wrote: I've hit a bit of a wall and looking for suggestions. I'm wanting to use my Pine as a headless server, so far it's working awesome, but I need it to connect to shares I have on a NAS, trying to use the standard cifs-utils mount method gives me this:

It looks like there's no module support for cifs? If thats the case is there another method I could use to access the NAS drives? Any suggestions or am I missing something obvious here...

Check for cifs in /proc/filesystems. If it's not there, look for cifs.ko in the /lib/modules tree. You might have to do a 

modprobe cifs

to load the driver.

RE: Ubuntu Xenial Image (BSP Kernel) - ricktonoli - 04-14-2016

(04-14-2016, 09:28 PM)patrickhwood Wrote:
(04-13-2016, 04:09 AM)ricktonoli Wrote: I've hit a bit of a wall and looking for suggestions. I'm wanting to use my Pine as a headless server, so far it's working awesome, but I need it to connect to shares I have on a NAS, trying to use the standard cifs-utils mount method gives me this:

Check for cifs in /proc/filesystems. If it's not there, look for cifs.ko in the /lib/modules tree. You might have to do a 

modprobe cifs

to load the driver.

modprobe cifs returns 

modprobe: FATAL: Module cifs not found in directory /lib/modules/3.10.65-4-pine64-longsleep

/proc/filesystems has no entry for cifs

cannot find any reference to cifs.ko in /lib/modules tree (which modprobe pointed out)

I'd love to get this to work, that said I've solved the problem in another way, using sshfs and mounting the drives directly from the NAS (turns out it's running a flavor of Linux and I can ssh into it), not via their shares. Still.. no way to mount windows shares?

RE: Ubuntu Xenial Image (BSP Kernel) - Darkover - 04-15-2016

Hi, I finally had a chance to test Pine.  I followed this thread http://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=622
Internet LED's are flashing, Power LED is ON, mouse background LED is ON, keyboard Numlock also, but my monitor is dark, not even "No Signal" message. This monitor is fine and it's normally connected to my Win10 gaming PC via HDMI cable.

Used memory: Samsung micro SDHC 32GB Class 10 EVO
Used power adapter: Patona microUSB 5V 2.1A

How to troubleshot this?

Thanks a lot!

RE: Ubuntu Xenial Image (BSP Kernel) - longsleep - 04-15-2016

(04-14-2016, 10:32 PM)ricktonoli Wrote: modprobe cifs returns 

modprobe: FATAL: Module cifs not found in directory /lib/modules/3.10.65-4-pine64-longsleep

Added cifs in https://github.com/longsleep/linux-pine64/commit/b348cbf7da38ea40c0ecc00367082133ef984ae2 - will be in the next release.